There are 260 users in the forums

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Will, or Can? I know we CAN win it all, if we pull our s**t together, we will over come these injuries, but will we? After last weekends must win implosion, it is hard to see it happening, So I'm going with CAN win until I see otherwise!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Strength of schedule could be the ultimatum. -I'd prefer a WC route, beat the Bears in our house, go to Lambeau (where ironically Aaron Rodgers has never won in January), and either slide into Atlanta and play a soft Falcons team (which could be battered/bruised after surviving Seattle), or host Seattle/Washington for a Championship game.

Isn't he like 0-1 in January at Lambeau? You make it sound like he has failed over and over. Sample size.
[ Edited by rondoman on Dec 26, 2012 at 2:09 PM ]
Geeze! A bunch of chicken Littles in our fanbase! EVERY team is banged up this time of season, you guys act like we lost Gore, Crabs and Davis! We have good depth and we will be just fine. We have a MUCH tougher schedule this year than last yet we still lead the division. There isn't another team in the playoffs that worry me except MAYBE the Pack. Denver doesn't worry me, I've watched Manning struggle against 3-4 defenses long enough to not worry. The one thing that does cause concern is the limited offense we run, James' inability to play outside of read option plays, not allowing traditional play action passing hurts. Outside of Smith we are realitivly healthy on defense and that is our bread and butter. We need the Vikings to beat the Pack so our defense can rest up during the by week.
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Dec 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM ]
It all comes down to matchups. It's possible to say virtually every super bowl winner of all time could have lost if they ran into the wrong team somewhere along the way in the postseason.
IF we win on Sunday. I like our chances, Who scares us? ASSUMING Justin is back! I Don't want to go back to Seattle, but assuming we win on Sunday, IF we have to eventually play Seattle we have them at home. If the Jets could get stomped by the Pats, then Two or three weeks late put a beat down on Brady a few years ago I'm confident in our ability to do the same. I'm not scared of the Falcons.... I'm just NOT. Nor the packers...... Call me an Optimist. WHOSE GOT IT BETTER THAN US........
sdaddy101269, I agree with the offense portion of your post. Is that because we have suddenly become a strictly read option team, or because the coaches aren't throwing too much at Kaep? Based on the poor use of time outs recently it's hard to imagine that Kaep has a full grasp of the offense. Shoot who said that it usually takes about 2-3 years to fully understand the playbook, and suddenly we're to believe that the QB switch at midseason was the best thing to do. I can't see that one dimensional scheme working in the post season.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
It all comes down to matchups. It's possible to say virtually every super bowl winner of all time could have lost if they ran into the wrong team somewhere along the way in the postseason.

Not the 89 Niners. Just too good!!!
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Geeze! A bunch of chicken Littles in our fanbase! EVERY team is banged up this time of season, you guys act like we lost Gore, Crabs and Davis! We have good depth and we will be just fine. We have a MUCH tougher schedule this year than last yet we still lead the division. There isn't another team in the playoffs that worry me except MAYBE the Pack. Denver doesn't worry me, I've watched Manning struggle against 3-4 defenses long enough to not worry. The one thing that does cause concern is the limited offense we run, James' inability to play outside of read option plays, not allowing traditional play action passing hurts. Outside of Smith we are realitivly healthy on defense and that is our bread and butter. We need the Vikings to beat the Pack so our defense can rest up during the by week.

How many sacks has Aldon had with out Justin next to him...answer zero!

Justin, out
Vernon, out
Hunter, out,
Maningham, out
Williams, out
And a whole lot of banged up players, it is realistic to have concerns, it is unrealistic to think it is any kind of cake walk, or given that we advance. If we do advance, if we do get to the Superbowl, and if we win...it will be an amazing conclusion to a roller coaster season. I for one am guardedly optimistic, and look forward to seeing just how coach gets this done!

Go NINERS!

"Nothing is over until we say it's over!"~ Senator John Blutarsky
It's still possible. It will be possible until we lose a game in the playoffs.
If we get the #2 seed and the BYE, I do think we have a pretty good shot at getting to the SB. An extra week off should improve the chances of J.Smith returning.

But if we don't get the #2 seed, it obviously is going to be a lot harder getting to the SB. I think we can still do it, but we have to start running the ball more and throwing more short to intermediate passes with the occasional deep balls. Will need to get Davis and Walker more involved now with Manningham out. Would be huge if Jenkins and LMJ can contribute and start making more plays for us too. Our D is going to have resemble the way it looked earlier on in the season too to give us a better chance.

Like others have said, it depends on who we face and how we match up against them. Should be a fun and scary ride...lol.

i still believe
Originally posted by GNielsen:
It's still possible. It will be possible until we lose a game in the playoffs.

We have been way over-thinking this. Thanks

• dj43
This team COULD win the SB with either Alex Smith or Kaepernick but not without Justin Smith. Will take a major stroke to beat GB without Justin.
Can we? Yes

Will we? Probably not
No too many playmakers injured on offense
Share 49ersWebzone