There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

And another thread degenerates into a futile and repetitive Smith vs Kaepernick argument.
I don't think we will go to the SB this year, too many injuries.
For all you young'uns that weren't around in the glory years, this should give you some perspective. I think we are on the verge of a nice run, maybe 10-15 years of respectability. In that run IF we stay focused, and avoid injury, we may add another Lombardi or two. Last year was one of those years, it was magical, everything when right, healthy, lucky, motivated, perfect storm, we will not see that every season, I hope you now understand the anger at the Kyle Williams fumbles, and the non-fumble call, seasons like last year are rare.
Can we still pull this out, sure we can, but with all the injuries we have, it will take a big dose of luck. If we don't make it this season, I will be pissed, sure I will, but I will take pride that we are no longer the laughing stocks of the Nolan/Singletary era, I will take hope that we will be back, and we will be relevant, we will be in the hunt EVERY year for some time, so if not this year...soon, and often!

Go Niners! Superbowl or BUST!
we will be ok , Ray Mac and RJF need to Step it up Now ...we still have more talent on defense than a lot of other teams , even though Cowboys injury is a HUGE blow to our team...f**k
Never thought they would. Until the OL can hold a pocket at least 50% of the time this team will struggle. Too hard to overcome injuries with a one dimensional offense.
Voted No.

If we had last year's defense, then I would've voted yes.
Still have faith. We have time to fix the kinks. As long as we don't play Seattle in Seattle. I think we can take on any team in the AFC (see the Patriots) and anything in the NFC. (See the Packers). Seattle in Seattle was just too much, coming off the Justin Smith injury and losing Vernon and Manningham, we were doomed early on.
Originally posted by English:
And another thread degenerates into a futile and repetitive Smith vs Kaepernick argument.

Did you expect any different? I'm sort of shocked it took this long, Zone must be getting lazy.

I think we could have a thread debating what the best type of vegtable is and by page 20 somehow it would be Alex vs. Kap.

Oh, and we're not winning the SB this year, I dont care who the qb is. Too many injuries and too many teams getting hot at the right time (not us)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:
Still have faith. We have time to fix the kinks. As long as we don't play Seattle in Seattle. I think we can take on any team in the AFC (see the Patriots) and anything in the NFC. (See the Packers). Seattle in Seattle was just too much, coming off the Justin Smith injury and losing Vernon and Manningham, we were doomed early on.
those kinks have been problem areas all year like penalties, piss poor pass protection, a num nuts kicker. they have not been fixed yet and thus i foresee no fixing to them in the next two weeks.. the other thing that for whatever reason has been a huge negative is out inability to get plays called on time. that s**t should not be happening at this time of the year. Now if you blame the coach for it, then maybe he is not as smart as we thought.. If you blame ck for it, well that is a helluva price to pay for his " learning". Last year i do not recall us saying we were afraid of meeting a certain team in the playoffs. when we start talking about teams we are scared to meet in post season, that does not fill one with confidence for a deep post season run in my opinion
Just a week before, we looked Superbowl ready. Now? All of us are down and think we have no chance.

This team's chances of going to the Superbowl looked different than it did in Week 3, Week 6, Week 9....you get my point.

I still remember how confident we were earlier in the season because we beat GB in Lambeau and then we beat a playoff-caliber Lions. Next thing you know, both teams looked awful in the beginning of the season and we got beat by Minnesota. Then people began to question if the Niners were overrated.

Then, we beat the living daylights out of the Jets and Bills like we should. Here, the Niners are looking real impressive once again. Uh oh, no, false alarm, they got beat BAD by the Giants IN Candlestick. Here, the Niners are looking like pretenders.

Then they beat Seattle (who at this point noone though much of) and Arizona (who at this point was on a four game losing streak). None of these wins were convincing anyone that we were Superbowl favorites. Then dun dun DUN. We tie. At this point, we looked...alright.

I can only think of 3 time this season where the Niners looked like real Superbowl contenders. And that was the beginning of the season with that win against GB and Detroit, when the Niners beat Chicago and NO and finally, and most convincingly, that game against NE.

I just hope nobody makes this out to be because of the QB change. It shouldn't.
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
Just a week before, we looked Superbowl ready. Now? All of us are down and think we have no chance.

This team's chances of going to the Superbowl looked different than it did in Week 3, Week 6, Week 9....you get my point.

I still remember how confident we were earlier in the season because we beat GB in Lambeau and then we beat a playoff-caliber Lions. Next thing you know, both teams looked awful in the beginning of the season and we got beat by Minnesota. Then people began to question if the Niners were overrated.

Then, we beat the living daylights out of the Jets and Bills like we should. Here, the Niners are looking real impressive once again. Uh oh, no, false alarm, they got beat BAD by the Giants IN Candlestick. Here, the Niners are looking like pretenders.

Then they beat Seattle (who at this point noone though much of) and Arizona (who at this point was on a four game losing streak). None of these wins were convincing anyone that we were Superbowl favorites. Then dun dun DUN. We tie. At this point, we looked...alright.

I can only think of 3 time this season where the Niners looked like real Superbowl contenders. And that was the beginning of the season with that win against GB and Detroit, when the Niners beat Chicago and NO and finally, and most convincingly, that game against NE.

great post
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by YoungWifey:

great post
our biggest issues were penalities, s**tty pass protection and a num nuts kicker . they were there before the qb change and they are still here. the coaches are either unwilling or unable to fix them
Originally posted by cciowa:
our biggest issues were penalities, s**tty pass protection and a num nuts kicker . they were there before the qb change and they are still here. the coaches are either unwilling or unable to fix them

As for the bolded, they improved in both the NE and SEA game. I though they did fine overrall. As for Akers, yeah, I couldn't agree more.
[ Edited by YoungWifey on Dec 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
For all you young'uns that weren't around in the glory years, this should give you some perspective. I think we are on the verge of a nice run, maybe 10-15 years of respectability. In that run IF we stay focused, and avoid injury, we may add another Lombardi or two. Last year was one of those years, it was magical, everything when right, healthy, lucky, motivated, perfect storm, we will not see that every season, I hope you now understand the anger at the Kyle Williams fumbles, and the non-fumble call, seasons like last year are rare.
Can we still pull this out, sure we can, but with all the injuries we have, it will take a big dose of luck. If we don't make it this season, I will be pissed, sure I will, but I will take pride that we are no longer the laughing stocks of the Nolan/Singletary era, I will take hope that we will be back, and we will be relevant, we will be in the hunt EVERY year for some time, so if not this year...soon, and often!

Go Niners! Superbowl or BUST!

I think that you pretty much nailed it !
  • titan
  • Veteran
Better than the beginning of the year when there are 32 teams copering. We are in the playoffs and odds are pretty good vs having to compete with 32 others