LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
we got the super bowl on lock dont even worry about it fellas.
no the way Seattle dominated us, it´s likely to happen once we reach the divisional playoffs...... for some reason we just cant get as good and as consistent as a superbowl team should get.....

Lets hope for the best but i´m no longer expecting superbowl out of this year 49ers....
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
We had a QB who wasn't ready last year. (Not ready means no playoff experience BTW)

We were thin on D-Line last year (albeit, Justin wasn't injured but Tuku and Dobbs were IIRC)

We had a worse WR situation last year.

Despite that, we we're 9-15 minutes of fundamental football away from the Super Bowl. I don't doubt our coaching staff one bit and I definitely don't doubt my 49ers players' heart. Heart will carry you through where talent may be lacking, and we don't lack much talent!!

We're STILL taking home the hardware. I gives a flying fadoo what the naysayers say....
Originally posted by SaksV:
We had a QB who wasn't ready last year. (Not ready means no playoff experience BTW)

We were thin on D-Line last year (albeit, Justin wasn't injured but Tuku and Dobbs were IIRC)

We had a worse WR situation last year.

Despite that, we we're 9-15 minutes of fundamental football away from the Super Bowl. I don't doubt our coaching staff one bit and I definitely don't doubt my 49ers players' heart. Heart will carry you through where talent may be lacking, and we don't lack much talent!!

We're STILL taking home the hardware. I gives a flying fadoo what the naysayers say....

We have a QB who isn't ready that started midway into the season doe.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
We are just as good as anybody out there and better then most. Of course we a great chance to go all the way this year. Especially so if the matchups go our way. Clearly we want to avoid the Seahawks at home and Lambeu as well if we can. Also we will need to break this two wins and a loss pattern...but we are not just in this, we are a top contender. If we can maintain a consistent effort on both sides of the ball the rest of the way...nobody is as well balaned and well rounded as our guys.

we have not been able to put four good quarters of ball together forever. we are not as good or at least we are not playing at the level or the consistency of a team like seattle or the packers now. that is NOT what you want to see at this crucial time of the year. i take issue with your comment about maintaining a consistent effort on both sides of the ball... you have to START something like that before you MAINTAIN it

Wow...CC thinks the sky is falling...some how the eye roll emoticon doesnt do this enough justice.
i really do not think i said anything that is not true
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

If we get the QB who was clutch against the Dolphins and Saints and played the way he did against the Bears and Pats then I like our chances.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

If we get the QB who was clutch against the Dolphins and Saints and played the way he did against the Bears and Pats then I like our chances.

Huh? He was not clutch against the Saints, the D won that game and Moss saved an endzone pick.

The Dolphins game was not clutch by any means either.
Originally posted by rondoman:
Huh? He was not clutch against the Saints, the D won that game and Moss saved an endzone pick.

The irony with this is gold.

Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by hofer36:
worried about qb change---havent seen anything from kaepernick to suggest he is on a par with russell wilson

Really? Because he's looked better his first 6 games than Russell Wilso had his first 6. Keep in mind that Kap is asked to do more offensively than Russell Wilson is asked to do.

Russell Wilson is better at least at this point.

The things that are helping Wilson more.. IMHO.. are (1) simply better playcalls + (2) decisions in executing those playcalls + (3) Wilson's height is actually making him a more dangerous backyard-baller than Kaepernick. The change of direction and time it takes to use it is far more advantageous to a player of Wilson's measurables than that of Kaep's.
Originally posted by rondoman:
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

He must be talking about Smith. That's the only clutch performance I remember against a Saints team.
He must be talking about Smith. That's the only clutch performance I remember against a Saints team.

Back to Smith...What a shock.
Kaepernick played well and the 49ers beat the Saints. It was a good game, no?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

It was a game we probably lose if Brees doesnt throw 2 pick sixes and Moss doesnt save an endzone interception. The D saved us that game.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Hey, I was talking about a "clutch performance" I didn't say he didn't play good enough to win. Did I?
Share 49ersWebzone