There are 176 users in the forums

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

The Packers are not good against the run and the Vikings would like to get that guy the all time rushing record which they can do with about 210 yards. Plus, you never know about Ponder. He could have a lights out game like he did against the Niners. I'm still hoping for the second seed, but the second seed doesn't guarantee anything. It would just give the team a little need rest and time for Kaepernick to assimilate some more plays.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
If we can get the 2nd seed, obviously our chances are WAYY better. I seriously think Minn can beat GB in Minn with a playoff spot on the line and AP going for the record...it all points to huge momentum for Minn.

If we can somehow get that bye, I think Justin Smith might be able to play in the divisional game. If he can't, I'm positive he'd play by the conference game if we make it out.

This would be our dream scenario. Also, the game is in the dome which is huge. Hard to win in there.

GB has a lot to fight for as well with that bye week on the line.

GO Minnn

GO Niners

Yea GB won't be sleeping either on Sunday. But they have huge holes as well. They can't run the ball that well and they're middle of the pack on D overall (esp against the run). If Minnesota can establish the run and keep Rodgers off the field, I see a 2 TD victory for them. Minnesota actually had a great chance to win the 1st game in GB if not for Ponder throwing 2 INTs in key situations. If he can manage the game, they got a legit shot.

Man would that 2 seed help us out right now....

i'll be watching this game at the start to see who gets the first 10-14 points, if its gb then its over, if its minny its game on
Can we win it? Yes.
Will we win it? No.

I don't see Kap taking us that far in the playoffs. The Broncos and Packers look tough to beat right now.

The Niners have been nearly 100% injury free the past two years, and now that we are dinged up, I just don't see the same level of play. Got to overcome this adversity.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Dec 28, 2012 at 1:05 PM ]
Jesus you guys are a bunch of downers.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Can we win it? Yes.
Will we win it? No.

I don't see Kap taking us that far in the playoffs. The Broncos and Packers look tough to beat right now.

The Niners have been nearly 100% injury free the past two years, and now that we are dinged up, I just don't see the same level of play. Got to overcome this adversity.

This would be a great year to be wrong, MD!
I believe that if we had Hunter, J. Smith, Harylson, Manningham, and Williams...and did not disrupt the team chemistry by switching QBs and offensive scheme midstream.. we will have won the Superbowl, no doubt in my mind....but not anymore
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
I believe that if we had Hunter, J. Smith, Harylson, Manningham, and Williams...and did not disrupt the team chemistry by switching QBs and offensive scheme midstream.. we will have won the Superbowl, no doubt in my mind....but not anymore
Would this be the same chemistry that produced such horrible results against the Vikings and the Giants? And, evidently, you think that a game in which the Seahawks offense and special teams laid 42 points on the Niners, the addition of one defensive lineman would have changed all that. Sorry, but that's just magical thinking. Again, the statistical probabilities at the beginning of the season were that the Niners would not even make the playoffs and end up with a 7-9 record.
J Smith being out lowers our chances but we may be able to over come it if kaep can get it together and stop playing like f**kin brett favre. hes gotta learn how to take the underneath stuff when everythings locked up down the field. shoulda learned that already by watching alex for a year and a half
Highly Unlikely. As many have said, injuries and the QB change have limited our chances. I'm glad we made the change at QB. It settles the position going forward and puts us in a better position to win next year and for many years to come, but Kaep needs more experience under his belt before he can overcome the best teams in the league and the injuries to this team for the 3-4 games in a row needed to win a SB.

The trouble with making the kind of switch we did at QB, and doing it when we did it, is that along with the greater upside CK gives us, we have to take the bumps and bruises of the learning curve with a young QB who didn't even have a full season to gain experience.

COULD it happen? Sure. Anything is possible and we are a pretty good team who will at least have a seat at the table. So, there is always a chance. However, the odds are now heavily stacked against us for this year. Too many good teams and injuries to overcome and doing that with essentially a rookie starting QB who has played for less than half a season is quite a hill to climb.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
J Smith being out lowers our chances but we may be able to over come it if kaep can get it together and stop playing like f**kin brett favre. hes gotta learn how to take the underneath stuff when everythings locked up down the field. shoulda learned that already by watching alex for a year and a half
He may have learned that the coaching staff was frustrated with the QB taking that approach too often. He may have learned that the coaching staff wants a more aggressive approach.

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
He may have learned that the coaching staff was frustrated with the QB taking that approach too often. He may have learned that the coaching staff wants a more aggressive approach.
that may be true to some extent but i doubt harbaugh would tell him to just be jay cutler and force s**t into triple coverage instead of taking open players for smaller chunks of yardage. part of why we were so effective with alex was because we owned everyone at time of possession and gave our defense time to rest up so they could make plays. i think he needs to ease back on the fastballs and learn how to make the little throws as well or were not goin anywhere
I'm sure you're right about not being Jay Cutler, but I also really think Harbaugh thinks the offense needs to be more aggressive and explosive to beat the better playoff teams and go deep in the playoffs. And, the statistics seem to show that Kaepernick has done better against the better teams. Kaepernick has 7 TD's and 2 ints against playoff teams and Smith has 4 TD's and 5 ints against playoff teams.
we'll see man, kaep needs to step it up tho. read better and faster at the line so we dont burn timeouts, take the short stuff and dont throw 100mph all the time and hes good to go
Yes... Next man up! The giants last year had a ton of injuries and they won the SB. Aj, lamichael, Ricky and Keap need to fill that void. I really hope we get the first round bye. It will benefit Keap, lamichael and AJ so much. First they automatically bypass a game, Keap will have a chance to work with his speedsters and Vernon and our coaches could definitely use the time as well. A championship team has a good bench. We have a pretty good bench. So Yes we can!! GO NINERS AND GO MINN!!!!!!!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Would this be the same chemistry that produced such horrible results against the Vikings and the Giants? And, evidently, you think that a game in which the Seahawks offense and special teams laid 42 points on the Niners, the addition of one defensive lineman would have changed all that. Sorry, but that's just magical thinking. Again, the statistical probabilities at the beginning of the season were that the Niners would not even make the playoffs and end up with a 7-9 record.
that was earlier in the season...they would have gotten sharper just like the seahawks.
Share 49ersWebzone