There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Looks like the Niners game has been moved from Saturday to Sunday night at the Stick!!

HUH
I think he seen this on NFL.com and got confused lol

DIVISIONAL-ROUND MATCHUPS SET AFC: Ravens-Broncos, 4:30 p.m. ET Saturday; Texans-Pats, 4:30 Sunday; NFC: Packers-49ers, 8 Sat.; 'Hawks-Falcons, 1 Sun

Okay my bad. Just read it wrong. Which is good because I don't think I could wait that long.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Okay my bad. Just read it wrong. Which is good because I don't think I could wait that long.

Packers and Hawks are frauds, both won at the expense of teams with injured QBs, got gashed by the running game.

If the 49ers wanna own this b***h, they gotta get the ball back to Frank Gore.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Packers and Hawks are frauds, both won at the expense of teams with injured QBs, got gashed by the running game.

this
I hope the guys have been getting their minds set for this upcoming weekend because I know the Pack are gonna be dialed in after that scrimmage they just played knowing that they have to come out west to see us. The last time Harbs gave the guys xtra days away we tied a ballgame in the Stick vs STL. I don't want to see us come out flat this time especially with a QB that is starting his first playoff game ever in the NFL.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

this

Yep. With a dose of LMJ.
Coming out f**king flat is the last thing I wanna see! Rodgers can put up 14 just like that if our d comes out flat. It's freaking roman on the offense is that worries me, manningham and hunter injured we should still destroy their d like we did week 1
Yeah, nobody noticed, but the moment Favre left the NFL, 49ers started getting their groove back. -He held a dirty voodoo curse over this team for quite a while.

Kind've fitting too, now that we have a QB who grew up idolizing his leadership/playing style.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They are very capable of beating us with a weakened Justin Smith and a kicker who can't hit FG's. Our D has dropped off the earth without Justin. How can you win a close game with our special teams?

no one has given you an answer cuz there are no good answers to your good questions. with the way our d plays without justin smith it may not be a close game and with the way we can not kick field goals, even if it is close, you know we can not kick a field goal to win. the keys to games are defense and special teams and sad to say, both of those areas, aside from lee are woefully inadequate as of late

This game worries me a lot. We could be 1 and done. I hold out hope and we can win. But the Packers and Seahawks scared me the most of any NFC Playoff teams. We may have to face them both if we beat the Packers the 1st game. Because I think we will face Seattle next.
Tellin you right now, the media will be salivating for a SEA/GB rematch over anything else this week because they are supposedly the "hot" teams right now, so the favs SF/ATL aren't going to get as much love this week. I expect a lot of Rodgers this and Rodgers that, "they're getting healthy" blah blah blah, similar to Brees before our game last year.

Let us be the underdogs by non-vegas standards. It's what fires up this team more than anything else. I expect us to come out like we did against the Pats, and no excuses for anything less, most especially with the week off. Justin is a HUGE piece of our defense, but he's not the be all end all, and if that's the mindset of these guys, we've already lost.

Anyone else agree????
It stopped when we beat them week 1.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Coming out f**king flat is the last thing I wanna see! Rodgers can put up 14 just like that if our d comes out flat. It's freaking roman on the offense is that worries me, manningham and hunter injured we should still destroy their d like we did week 1

Yeah, despite Justin's issues, I love your situation more than what we walked into against the Saints last year. -Would be great to have Williams and Manningham back (more-so Manningham), but Crabs is really starting to step up (whom was invisible last January), Randy's solid, Delanie can make up for mistakes now in games, and even Celek is starting to show some moxy!

-Jenkins is the only thing close to a Brett Swain worry this year, but I doubt we have to worry much of him.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
It stopped when we beat them week 1.