LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Packers and Hawks are frauds, both won at the expense of teams with injured QBs, got gashed by the running game.

If the 49ers wanna own this b***h, they gotta get the ball back to Frank Gore.

this

Yep. With a dose of LMJ.
Coming out f**king flat is the last thing I wanna see! Rodgers can put up 14 just like that if our d comes out flat. It's freaking roman on the offense is that worries me, manningham and hunter injured we should still destroy their d like we did week 1
Yeah, nobody noticed, but the moment Favre left the NFL, 49ers started getting their groove back. -He held a dirty voodoo curse over this team for quite a while.

Kind've fitting too, now that we have a QB who grew up idolizing his leadership/playing style.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They are very capable of beating us with a weakened Justin Smith and a kicker who can't hit FG's. Our D has dropped off the earth without Justin. How can you win a close game with our special teams?

no one has given you an answer cuz there are no good answers to your good questions. with the way our d plays without justin smith it may not be a close game and with the way we can not kick field goals, even if it is close, you know we can not kick a field goal to win. the keys to games are defense and special teams and sad to say, both of those areas, aside from lee are woefully inadequate as of late

This game worries me a lot. We could be 1 and done. I hold out hope and we can win. But the Packers and Seahawks scared me the most of any NFC Playoff teams. We may have to face them both if we beat the Packers the 1st game. Because I think we will face Seattle next.
Tellin you right now, the media will be salivating for a SEA/GB rematch over anything else this week because they are supposedly the "hot" teams right now, so the favs SF/ATL aren't going to get as much love this week. I expect a lot of Rodgers this and Rodgers that, "they're getting healthy" blah blah blah, similar to Brees before our game last year.

Let us be the underdogs by non-vegas standards. It's what fires up this team more than anything else. I expect us to come out like we did against the Pats, and no excuses for anything less, most especially with the week off. Justin is a HUGE piece of our defense, but he's not the be all end all, and if that's the mindset of these guys, we've already lost.

Anyone else agree????
It stopped when we beat them week 1.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Coming out f**king flat is the last thing I wanna see! Rodgers can put up 14 just like that if our d comes out flat. It's freaking roman on the offense is that worries me, manningham and hunter injured we should still destroy their d like we did week 1

Yeah, despite Justin's issues, I love your situation more than what we walked into against the Saints last year. -Would be great to have Williams and Manningham back (more-so Manningham), but Crabs is really starting to step up (whom was invisible last January), Randy's solid, Delanie can make up for mistakes now in games, and even Celek is starting to show some moxy!

-Jenkins is the only thing close to a Brett Swain worry this year, but I doubt we have to worry much of him.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
It stopped when we beat them week 1.
I am a Packers fan and I think it'll be a flip coin game. Since I didn't keep track with your team after our game 1 here are some questions:

1. Alex Smith looked good at the beginning of the season. Why did your coach change the QB position, because I feel like you got a worse record with your other QB. Could Alex Smithz start by surprise, what do ya think?

2. Your best defensive player is said to be hurt. Did he play the last game and what kind of injury did he have? Because I think it's important to find out if he can go 100% in this game or only with 90% as one could see tonight with Griffin III.

All I hope for is that this game is not decided by some questionable calls. By the way: Should be a fun game to watch if it comes down to a FG since both kickers kind of suck^^.
[ Edited by Pippen on Jan 6, 2013 at 5:46 PM ]
Hey guys. Pats fan here. I was here a couple of weeks ago discussing the SF-NE game. Congrats on the win, again. You earn it.

Now, I don't know if you guys have noticed what people is saying about your game against GB next Sat. "Experts" and fans in general are giving this game easily to GB (one thing, Vegas doesn't agree. SF is 3-point favorite so far). In fact, some say it's gonna GB by far because of Rodgers and their healthy defense, etc., stating that the rest of the Div. games are closer than this. Few are giving chances to SF, putting GB or Seattle in the SB. IMO Seattle and NE have more chance to win than GB this weekend. GB can win, but I think this is the closest game in this round. Not sure if disrespect to the 49ers, or just hype on Rodgers.

i live with a packer fan and this s**t is getting annoying
Originally posted by josh24:
Hey guys. Pats fan here. I was here a couple of weeks ago discussing the SF-NE game. Congrats on the win, again. You earn it.

Now, I don't know if you guys have noticed what people is saying about your game against GB next Sat. "Experts" and fans in general are giving this game easily to GB (one thing, Vegas doesn't agree. SF is 3-point favorite so far). In fact, some say it's gonna GB by far because of Rodgers and their healthy defense, etc., stating that the rest of the Div. games are closer than this. Few are giving chances to SF, putting GB or Seattle in the SB. IMO Seattle and NE have more chance to win than GB this weekend. GB can win, but I think this is the closest game in this round. Not sure if disrespect to the 49ers, or just hype on Rodgers.

Well, this is a QB league and as I've been saying for a while now, I wonder when the decision to go to Kaep will doom us. It hasn't yet, as Kaep has pretty much picked up where Alex left off, but the biggest concern to me is that we don't really have an identity right now. We are trying to be a finesse type team on offense, while in turn, is tiring out our defense. We aren't "great" at anything this year and have been far less consistent in all phases, although we've played arguably better opponents this year. Having to rely on Justin in order to win this game is the wrong thinking and I really hope the coaches are gameplanning and prepping our guys to play as if Justin isn't. He isn't the focal part of our success the rest of this run in my opinion. We'll be lucky to get 50% of anything from him. No one can tell me that all the other pro bowlers on our team were made just because of him. Is he a big part of past success? Yes, but the next man needs to step up.

Kaep is a HR hitter and has more "strike outs" (3 and outs) than we should be having. Overall, I feel if we don't get that ground and pound identity back, the Packers will beat us in a shootout. There's more risk in this pistol offense to giving the Packers more possessions and chances to score, as oppposed to going back to the "Alex" I-Formation, running it more with Gore. Really need to get more creative on offense to make a run.
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Jan 6, 2013 at 6:06 PM ]
Scottie Pippen is a Packer fan
Well, winners follow winners, ya know^^. If you do not believe me, count your SB wins in the last 20 years and ours!
Yup the Packers owned the 49er's and until Joe Montana finally beat them ... the Cowboys.
Share 49ersWebzone