LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pippen:
I am a Packers fan and I think it'll be a flip coin game. Since I didn't keep track with your team after our game 1 here are some questions:

1. Alex Smith looked good at the beginning of the season. Why did your coach change the QB position, because I feel like you got a worse record with your other QB. Could Alex Smithz start by surprise, what do ya think?

2. Your best defensive player is said to be hurt. Did he play the last game and what kind of injury did he have? Because I think it's important to find out if he can go 100% in this game or only with 90% as one could see tonight with Griffin III.

Not trying to be rude, but is google broken or something? You could've answered these questions for yourself in half the time it took you to type. It's all over ESPN/NFL.com too.

Hell, half the threads on page 1 would answer them.
[ Edited by Disp on Jan 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM ]
Our O-Line will dominate the line of scrimmage
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This game worries me a lot. We could be 1 and done. I hold out hope and we can win. But the Packers and Seahawks scared me the most of any NFC Playoff teams. We may have to face them both if we beat the Packers the 1st game. Because I think we will face Seattle next.

I think that Seattle's luck runs out in Atlanta because that team seems to be in a pretty healthy condition. Seattle will have a tough time stopping the likes of Michael Turner, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzales and Roddy White. I think that they just have too many weapons. I think it will be a Tony Gonzales night.
The battle on the frontline is everything !!!
I hope we prepare for this game a lot better than we did against the Giants and the last game against Seattle or its going to be a off season wondering if the coaches we have are the right ones
[ Edited by 9inermaniac on Jan 6, 2013 at 6:38 PM ]
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Our O-Line will dominate the line of scrimmage

We definately need to have out run game going
For those questioning whats going to happen next Saturday at the Stick, BELIEVE ! (from another link in NT)

GB has injuries?
Originally posted by josh24:
Hey guys. Pats fan here. I was here a couple of weeks ago discussing the SF-NE game. Congrats on the win, again. You earn it.

Now, I don't know if you guys have noticed what people is saying about your game against GB next Sat. "Experts" and fans in general are giving this game easily to GB (one thing, Vegas doesn't agree. SF is 3-point favorite so far). In fact, some say it's gonna GB by far because of Rodgers and their healthy defense, etc., stating that the rest of the Div. games are closer than this. Few are giving chances to SF, putting GB or Seattle in the SB. IMO Seattle and NE have more chance to win than GB this weekend. GB can win, but I think this is the closest game in this round. Not sure if disrespect to the 49ers, or just hype on Rodgers.

healthy defense? like that saying much, their defense sucks lol
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
The battle on the frontline is everything !!!

the battle is won in the trenches, hopefully we can get pressure like the first time we played them, if so its going to be a long day for rogers, crowd will help.

People will never pick against the Packers because it's so hard for them to see Rodgers being held in check.

Fact is, we can, have, and will keep their passing game in check...especially when they realize they CANNOT run the ball.

KEY to this game: STOPPING THE GB RUNNING GAME...make them one dimensional.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by josh24:
Hey guys. Pats fan here. I was here a couple of weeks ago discussing the SF-NE game. Congrats on the win, again. You earn it.

Now, I don't know if you guys have noticed what people is saying about your game against GB next Sat. "Experts" and fans in general are giving this game easily to GB (one thing, Vegas doesn't agree. SF is 3-point favorite so far). In fact, some say it's gonna GB by far because of Rodgers and their healthy defense, etc., stating that the rest of the Div. games are closer than this. Few are giving chances to SF, putting GB or Seattle in the SB. IMO Seattle and NE have more chance to win than GB this weekend. GB can win, but I think this is the closest game in this round. Not sure if disrespect to the 49ers, or just hype on Rodgers.

healthy defense? like that saying much, their defense sucks lol

Pundits always prefer the sexy teams. The high powered offense will always get the nod over a high powered defense. A lot of people picked Oakland to beat TB in SB 2002. Everyone picked GB, NO, NE to beat us. Some picked Detroit over us (notably Sterling Sharpe). Its the nature of the beast.

The Packers, if I may remind josh24, are boasting the same team they had in Week1. That team was playing at HOME in the SEASON OPENER and ALL of their players were fresh and non-injured. And that GB team got pummeled. I just dont see what advantage they have over us this time around that they didnt have in Week 1.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
People will never pick against the Packers because it's so hard for them to see Rodgers being held in check.

Fact is, we can, have, and will keep their passing game in check...especially when they realize they CANNOT run the ball.

I think we will stop the run game by default. The key is to hit Rodgers over and over, and essentially beat him into submission. The key to last game was constantly putting pressure on him until he started seeing things. Which led to Bowman's pick. The other essential in all this is controlling the clock and keeping Rodgers off the field. Dont let him warm up.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

I think we will stop the run game by default. The key is to hit Rodgers over and over, and essentially beat him into submission. The key to last game was constantly putting pressure on him until he started seeing things. Which led to Bowman's pick. The other essential in all this is controlling the clock and keeping Rodgers off the field. Dont let him warm up.

Other thing is, you know they're gonna run a lot of no huddle.

We have to be prepared for the short passing game that goes along with that. I think our DBs should be hyper-vigilant about jumping routes...we could pick off Rodgers if an underneath guys takes a chance.
We will win the game
Share 49ersWebzone