LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 170 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VA49er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
There were receivers open all day long for Webb. he couldn't hit them or find them. He made one read on occasion. On many plays he just looked to run. Kaep can stand in the pocket and make throws and he will. Webb was 11/30. Kaep ain't going to do that.

i just hope the offensive line can protect him and he is not running for his life all day long. also keep an eye on how many times we get called for holding on pass protection. that is an issue with this team which you can cover up when you play the cardinals but not the packers and mathews
We pass protected fine last time. Matthews is athletic but as long as CK remembers to step up and not back you can neutralize him. We can run at the pack to set up the pass and slow the pass rush. There is no reason to fear the packers D.
i just do not know what niner team will show up and even homers can say that. I hope for gods sake the team that lost twice to the rams, almost blew a huge lead to the pats, got blown out by seattle and lost to a team that the packers toyed with last night does not show up
There were receivers open all day long for Webb. he couldn't hit them or find them. He made one read on occasion. On many plays he just looked to run. Kaep can stand in the pocket and make throws and he will. Webb was 11/30. Kaep ain't going to do that.

i just hope the offensive line can protect him and he is not running for his life all day long. also keep an eye on how many times we get called for holding on pass protection. that is an issue with this team which you can cover up when you play the cardinals but not the packers and mathews
We pass protected fine last time. Matthews is athletic but as long as CK remembers to step up and not back you can neutralize him. We can run at the pack to set up the pass and slow the pass rush. There is no reason to fear the packers D.
i just do not know what niner team will show up and even homers can say that. I hope for gods sake the team that lost twice to the rams, almost blew a huge lead to the pats, got blown out by seattle and lost to a team that the packers toyed with last night does not show up

You're right the 9ers have been Jekyll and Hyde this year. I'd argue they showed up when it counted except the 2nd Seattle game. With that game, I think they took the day off to rest up and save themselves physically for the playoffs knowing they have Arizona at home for their final game and Seattle needed to win at all cost to get into the playoffs. The 9ers defense is beat up. That should be our biggest worry. It's not whether they show, but if they healed enough to play at a high level.
unfortunately there are no 10 pointers in football. This baby is over.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
unfortunately there are no 10 pointers in football. This baby is over.

wrong thread. yea. it's seahawks vs falcons next sunday.
The only way we don't win the superbowl is if karma bites us in the a$s. That's the only way.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Assuming we win, it'll be odd, actually will be horrible to have to root for Seattle over Atlanta.

That being said, I'd definitely love the NFCC to be at The Stick!
NFCC here we come baby!!!!!
Packers 31-27

49ers will play their hearts out, but the refs won't allow anything less than a Packers/Hawks Championship.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Packers 31-27

49ers will play their hearts out, but the refs won't allow anything less than a Packers/Hawks Championship.

Explain?
Packers 31-27

Wouldve agreed with you if the game was at Lambeau. Dont see the refs botching this at the Stick. Im sure we'll get some bad calls, but I still feel this is our game to lose.

I hope Justin Smith holds up!
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:

You're right the 9ers have been Jekyll and Hyde this year. I'd argue they showed up when it counted except the 2nd Seattle game. With that game, I think they took the day off to rest up and save themselves physically for the playoffs knowing they have Arizona at home for their final game and Seattle needed to win at all cost to get into the playoffs. The 9ers defense is beat up. That should be our biggest worry. It's not whether they show, but if they healed enough to play at a high level.
You know it's funny but this is what I want to see. The niners run the Alex based offense but with CK at QB. It just seems that since CK took over we have lost our offensive identity. Now many hated how we were on offense but it won games. Frank runs better with the QB under center and I really feel he has been limited the last few weeks due to our dependance on the shotgun formation.

CK needs to be able to adapt to what took us to the NFC championship game last year and add his skills to help expolit opportunites. If we can get back to our basic principles (running the ball and great Defense) and add in the big play potential of CK we can be succesful. The question is can this defense play like last year and can Harbaugh and Roman keep to the philosophy that has won us games with their new weapon or will they see the potential and just try to run with it.
[ Edited by dwett on Jan 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by Hopper:
but who is ck going to throw the ball to? crabs will be taken out of the game and with our s**tty pass protection, ck will probably be either laying on the ground all day or throwing the ball up in the air like webb did last night. the niner team who used to be the bully and who used to bring out the worst in teams is just a memory now

You have lost your mind if you think Sam Shields is taking Crabs out the game.

GB will double Crabtree much like the Giants did. Now, without Manningham, it will be much harder to make the passing game work.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Hopper:
but who is ck going to throw the ball to? crabs will be taken out of the game and with our s**tty pass protection, ck will probably be either laying on the ground all day or throwing the ball up in the air like webb did last night. the niner team who used to be the bully and who used to bring out the worst in teams is just a memory now

You have lost your mind if you think Sam Shields is taking Crabs out the game.

GB will double Crabtree much like the Giants did. Now, without Manningham, it will be much harder to make the passing game work.

Double Crabs and you still have walker, moss and davis
Originally posted by father49er:
Packers 31-27

Explain?

The fix is in. Money ball.
Share 49ersWebzone