LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Go 49ers!
I like our chances.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by fister30:
I'd rather face the packers than the vikings.

uhhh, the Vikings suck without Ponder. They looked like a high school team today

Yeah right.. Vikings was without Ponder when Green Bay made easy to beat the Viking! Now 49ers vs Packers are tough games. If you feel too nervous or scare the Packers make you a bad luck when we will loss game. that is why.. Then. We don't need to scare anymore period!! 49ers can do for brave and not scare anymore period! Go 49ers Go!
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Jan 6, 2013 at 8:18 AM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by fister30:
I'd rather face the packers than the vikings.

uhhh, the Vikings suck without Ponder. They looked like a high school team today

Yeah right.. Vikings was without Ponder when Green Bay made easy to beat the Viking! Now 49ers vs Packers are tough games. If you feel too nervous or scare the Packers make you a bad luck when we will loss game. that is why.. Then. We don't need to scare anymore period!! 49ers can do for brave and not scare anymore period! Go 49ers Go!

counted to potato!!!
I'm calling it right now--LMJ will be a very big part of the offensive game plan. Quick passes out of the backfield will be key.
http://es.pn/UXgCHg
Interesting
The game against Arizona was W #1 in the WWL sequence. No team should want to play the 49ers next week . . .
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Byisgod:
I'm calling it right now--LMJ will be a very big part of the offensive game plan. Quick passes out of the backfield will be key.

is our offensive coordinator capable of calling those types of plays like the packers do with their running back. if we lose it will probably be due to bonehead play calls and being out coached. also if justin is not up to par, we have no pass rush, aldon will be taken care of and rogers will carve up our secondary. unlike the first time around,, this packer team can now run the ball. i see to much balance from green bay for our defense to handle. green bay is also one of those teams who are playing four quarters of good ball. we are not and i think one bad quarter will be our doom saturday. I am also pretty sure our team will be more than happy to make penalties which will extend green bay drives and kill our drives. plus the pack will double team crabs , take their chances with moss cuz we have no third wide out and our tight ends are horrible.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The game against Arizona was W #1 in the WWL sequence. No team should want to play the 49ers next week . . .
why? we have shown the ability to only play two quarters of good ball as of late. i think the packers love this matchup cuz they know they are playing at a higher level right now than we are. they know they can get up on us early like they did with the vikes, take gore away like they did peterson , confuse and abuse ck with the defense which is now healthy
Game should be epoch.

Joe Webb made their D look good. That guy is terrible!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I knew the Packers have owned us bad the last 15 years or so, but decided to look it up and it was worse than I thought. Favre was 10-1 against us, only losing the Catch 2 game that had a bad call on a Rice fumble a few plays earlier, he should have been 11-0 against us. Maybe I am biased, but I attribute most of the losses to Favre's luck and poor secondary play. He seemed to repeatedly heave the ball down field and complete deep passes into double and triple coverage. The NFL's all time interception thrower never gave us any when we needed them. Rodgers is 2-1 against us, so we are a combined 2-12 against the Packers in the last 15 years. Our opening day win this year snapped an 8 game skid against them. Screw the Packers, time to start owning them. I still hate the Cowboys more as I have been a fan for 40 years, but the Packers are a very close second.
[ Edited by BobS on Jan 6, 2013 at 9:27 AM ]
They are very capable of beating us with a weakened Justin Smith and a kicker who can't hit FG's. Our D has dropped off the earth without Justin. How can you win a close game with our special teams?
Originally posted by cciowa:
why? we have shown the ability to only play two quarters of good ball as of late. i think the packers love this matchup cuz they know they are playing at a higher level right now than we are. they know they can get up on us early like they did with the vikes, take gore away like they did peterson , confuse and abuse ck with the defense which is now healthy

Confuse Kap like they did Joe Webb? Webb didn't have a single passing attempt this entire year. He then gets less than a week to practice with the starters and his first game is a play-off game against GB @ GB. I'm sure Webb was confused even before the game started lol. Didn't anyone see that pass he threw straight up in the air when being sacked? lmao. GB only had two things to worry about, Purple Jesus running wildly and Webb running. That's it.
Favre was a freak of nature. The greatest improvising quarterback of all time, in my opinion. Defenses couldnt prepare for that.

I remember going into the 1997 NFCC game with the number 1 ranked defense. We were playing at home, and he still made us look average. Couldnt defend against a guy that played unconventional.

Rodgers is more of a systems quarterback. He can improvise as well, but he doesnt pull out plays out of his ass like Favre did. I really do think this team is better than the Packers. We definitely have a better Defense and running attack. STs is a wash on both sides. The difference will be offensive production. If we can control the clock and not rely on Akers/Cundiff, this game should be an easy win for us.
Share 49ersWebzone