There are 178 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Anyone else think that Vic Tafur is a little off the mark with his latest posting on the Chron:

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/01/05/packers-tuned-up-for-trip-to-the-stick/

I certainly do. Tafur goes on to make the case that since the Pack got to face Minnesota's backup QB, they essentially got a bye. Sorry, Vic. They played the game. Was it a tough game? Nope. Was it a bye? No.

Secondly, he points out that the Green Bay team coming to visit the Niners is different from the Packers team we played in Week 1. He goes on to list all the different players who are coming back from injury, with the preface that the Pack is "a team on the roll."

Excuse me, but weren't most of those players playing against us in Week 1? Yes, Vic, they were. Secondly, did we not face the Pack on their own home field? Yes, we did. They were healthy. They were home. It was the home opener. And we knocked the cr@p out of them all game long.

I can understand where Vic wants to set up a storyline, except that this particular storyline doesn't exist. While it's true that the Pack suffered through some injuries this year, they didn't all strike in Week 1.

One other thing, Vic? A team that loses once to the Vikings and then wins the next week is "not a team on a roll." It's a team that won its last game.
Originally posted by redrazer45:
Carlos, goldson,whitner,brown DO SOMETHING !!!!!!! We win !

our entire D needs to be on. The DL NEEDS to apply pressure or Rogers will kill us. And not just from the ends, the interior line as well. Rogers is one of the best at stepping up into the pocket when pressure comes around the edge.
No dumb 300 chant when we are calling play in huddel
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Anyone else think that Vic Tafur is a little off the mark with his latest posting on the Chron.

geez dude. No need to get so bent up over a news article written based on the opinion of one writer
Originally posted by 16to87:
No dumb 300 chant when we are calling play in huddel

i've been saying it for years. Whoever runs the audio in the stadium needs to be fkn fired! It's pathetic. Defense chants on first down, but not on 3rd.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Anyone else think that Vic Tafur is a little off the mark with his latest posting on the Chron.

geez dude. No need to get so bent up over a news article written based on the opinion of one writer

It's Sunday. I get worked up early!
I expect it to be a sea of red again. There will be Packer fans there but I don't expect to see a lot of them there.
Go 49ers!
I like our chances.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by fister30:
I'd rather face the packers than the vikings.

uhhh, the Vikings suck without Ponder. They looked like a high school team today

Yeah right.. Vikings was without Ponder when Green Bay made easy to beat the Viking! Now 49ers vs Packers are tough games. If you feel too nervous or scare the Packers make you a bad luck when we will loss game. that is why.. Then. We don't need to scare anymore period!! 49ers can do for brave and not scare anymore period! Go 49ers Go!
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Jan 6, 2013 at 8:18 AM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by fister30:
I'd rather face the packers than the vikings.

uhhh, the Vikings suck without Ponder. They looked like a high school team today

Yeah right.. Vikings was without Ponder when Green Bay made easy to beat the Viking! Now 49ers vs Packers are tough games. If you feel too nervous or scare the Packers make you a bad luck when we will loss game. that is why.. Then. We don't need to scare anymore period!! 49ers can do for brave and not scare anymore period! Go 49ers Go!

counted to potato!!!
I'm calling it right now--LMJ will be a very big part of the offensive game plan. Quick passes out of the backfield will be key.
http://es.pn/UXgCHg
Interesting
The game against Arizona was W #1 in the WWL sequence. No team should want to play the 49ers next week . . .
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,259
Originally posted by Byisgod:
I'm calling it right now--LMJ will be a very big part of the offensive game plan. Quick passes out of the backfield will be key.

is our offensive coordinator capable of calling those types of plays like the packers do with their running back. if we lose it will probably be due to bonehead play calls and being out coached. also if justin is not up to par, we have no pass rush, aldon will be taken care of and rogers will carve up our secondary. unlike the first time around,, this packer team can now run the ball. i see to much balance from green bay for our defense to handle. green bay is also one of those teams who are playing four quarters of good ball. we are not and i think one bad quarter will be our doom saturday. I am also pretty sure our team will be more than happy to make penalties which will extend green bay drives and kill our drives. plus the pack will double team crabs , take their chances with moss cuz we have no third wide out and our tight ends are horrible.