LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
I'm calling it right now--LMJ will be a very big part of the offensive game plan. Quick passes out of the backfield will be key.

is our offensive coordinator capable of calling those types of plays like the packers do with their running back. if we lose it will probably be due to bonehead play calls and being out coached. also if justin is not up to par, we have no pass rush, aldon will be taken care of and rogers will carve up our secondary. unlike the first time around,, this packer team can now run the ball. i see to much balance from green bay for our defense to handle. green bay is also one of those teams who are playing four quarters of good ball. we are not and i think one bad quarter will be our doom saturday. I am also pretty sure our team will be more than happy to make penalties which will extend green bay drives and kill our drives. plus the pack will double team crabs , take their chances with moss cuz we have no third wide out and our tight ends are horrible.

Im not too worried about our offense. It's the defense, and not in the manner that everyone thinks. I think the team will come out playing with fire, and I wouldnt be surprised if we go up by a few scores in the first half. My worry is the "lets sit back and watch" mentality our coaches get into, where they start playing prevent and allow teams to hang around. This is what let the Pats back in it. This is what let Miami hang around. If we keep our foot on their neck throughout the game, I think we have a great shot at winning it. If we let off the pedal and give GB the chance to hang around (ala shootout), then we might be in trouble.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The game against Arizona was W #1 in the WWL sequence. No team should want to play the 49ers next week . . .

Sequence starts over in the playoffs and we start a new trend...W-W-#6
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Favre was a freak of nature. The greatest improvising quarterback of all time, in my opinion. Defenses couldnt prepare for that.

I remember going into the 1997 NFCC game with the number 1 ranked defense. We were playing at home, and he still made us look average. Couldnt defend against a guy that played unconventional.

Rodgers is more of a systems quarterback. He can improvise as well, but he doesnt pull out plays out of his ass like Favre did. I really do think this team is better than the Packers. We definitely have a better Defense and running attack. STs is a wash on both sides. The difference will be offensive production. If we can control the clock and not rely on Akers/Cundiff, this game should be an easy win for us.
I have a friend who is a big Seahawk fan. In a 2007 play-off game in the Green Bay snow, it is like 3rd and long with the game still close,.....Favre scrabbles under heavy pressure and as he is falling down slings the ball underhand just as he is about to hit the ground. A Packer grabs what looked like a 20 yard punt and runs in for a TD. My Seahawk fan friend calls me screaming about Favre being such a lucky b*****d. I told him he makes plays like that against the 49ers all the time.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Anyone else think that Vic Tafur is a little off the mark with his latest posting on the Chron:

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/01/05/packers-tuned-up-for-trip-to-the-stick/

I certainly do. Tafur goes on to make the case that since the Pack got to face Minnesota's backup QB, they essentially got a bye. Sorry, Vic. They played the game. Was it a tough game? Nope. Was it a bye? No.

Secondly, he points out that the Green Bay team coming to visit the Niners is different from the Packers team we played in Week 1. He goes on to list all the different players who are coming back from injury, with the preface that the Pack is "a team on the roll."

Excuse me, but weren't most of those players playing against us in Week 1? Yes, Vic, they were. Secondly, did we not face the Pack on their own home field? Yes, we did. They were healthy. They were home. It was the home opener. And we knocked the cr@p out of them all game long.

I can understand where Vic wants to set up a storyline, except that this particular storyline doesn't exist. While it's true that the Pack suffered through some injuries this year, they didn't all strike in Week 1.

One other thing, Vic? A team that loses once to the Vikings and then wins the next week is "not a team on a roll." It's a team that won its last game.

A couple of more things. People still want to think this is the Packers of 2010 making the run. But the Packers are not as dominant as they were in 2010 because they've developed tendencies defenses now key on and their defense is porous especially against the run. That said, the Packers are playing against a weaker 49er defense that's dropped off against NE and Seattle, but seemed to have regained some footing against Arizona.
Originally posted by NCommand:
The game against Arizona was W #1 in the WWL sequence. No team should want to play the 49ers next week . . .

The sequence starts again in the Super Bowl!
i know sanfran is capable of making hostile territory hostile, we had the best home field for our SF giants, now lets make it hostile for opponents coming to the stick, if you going , make it LOUD and electric over there! lets do this
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Favre was a freak of nature. The greatest improvising quarterback of all time, in my opinion. Defenses couldnt prepare for that.

I remember going into the 1997 NFCC game with the number 1 ranked defense. We were playing at home, and he still made us look average. Couldnt defend against a guy that played unconventional.

Rodgers is more of a systems quarterback. He can improvise as well, but he doesnt pull out plays out of his ass like Favre did. I really do think this team is better than the Packers. We definitely have a better Defense and running attack. STs is a wash on both sides. The difference will be offensive production. If we can control the clock and not rely on Akers/Cundiff, this game should be an easy win for us.
I have a friend who is a big Seahawk fan. In a 2007 play-off game in the Green Bay snow, it is like 3rd and long with the game still close,.....Favre scrabbles under heavy pressure and as he is falling down slings the ball underhand just as he is about to hit the ground. A Packer grabs what looked like a 20 yard punt and runs in for a TD. My Seahawk fan friend calls me screaming about Favre being such a lucky b*****d. I told him he makes plays like that against the 49ers all the time.

Exactly.

A good example is in the 1998 Wild Card game, the drive before the Catch II. Holmgren calls a play to Favre, and Favre (knowing that the Niners know all his audibles) goes to Antonio Freeman and changes the play. Tells him to to go for a short post rather than a quick hook. Niners bite, easy TD for GB.

Favre was notorious at this early in his career. When his arm got a little older, it started to fade on him and instead he started throwing picks. Unfortunately for us, we happened to face Favre during the prime of his career.

No way Rodgers can play like that.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i know sanfran is capable of making hostile territory hostile, we had the best home field for our SF giants, now lets make it hostile for opponents coming to the stick, if you going , make it LOUD and electric over there! lets do this

Yes, please do. A friend of mine (huge Giants fan) went to both the Divisionals and the NFCC game last year. He admitted 2 things to me:

1) Packer fans are the nicest, most welcoming people. And they are loyal. Lambeau is 99% Packer fans, and 1% opposing team fans.

2) Niner fans are loud and obnoxious. Candlestick is the worst venue he's ever been at in terms of stadium infrastructure. Third, he felt at home there bc there were so many Giants fans cheering for the team.

I hope and I hope and I hope that Candlestick isnt dotted with Cheeseheads this Saturday. Hate to hear the "da-da-da-da-daa-da-da-GO PACK GO" chant at OUR stadium.
Gore needs to be the bulk of our offense.

Set up the play action and let Kaep throw some Lasers
packers have more of a run game now, that might help us

what gave us trouble in that first game was randall cobb comning out of the backfield

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Make it LOUD when the Packer offense is on the field! Be smart when you cheer for your team at the Stick.
I hope Huey Lewis is singing the national anthem. He brings us good luck!
Originally posted by Wrathman:

He is!!! -Announced it earlier this week on his twitter page! -I literally s**t all over my balls!
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:

The sequence starts again in the Super Bowl!

Exactly...each one is a new "season."
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Wrathman:

He is!!! -Announced it earlier this week on his twitter page! -I literally s**t all over my balls!

[ Edited by blizzuntz on Jan 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone