There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

Originally posted by TheChozen:
Anybody else notice the Seahawks keep coming up with excuses for their questionable antics?

Tom Brady provoked us.
Jim Harbaugh was "saluting" us in the parking lot after the game.

What's next? Stand up like a man and admit you have no class!

Exactly. Idiotic, pathetic fanbase and team. They also forgot that we have won the division two years in a row now. Dips**ts. They'll lose in the first round cause they won't be in s**tty Seattle with the speakers blaring noise.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Seattle players are dirty and hit too hard make us looked scared!! V.DAvid is out for 1qt or 2 half....and the refs is cheat and against our 49ers!!

Buzz you always sum up my feelings perfectly.

Yeah man.. i saw that refs are bs the call and nothing call for us.. i am soo piss off.. we should scream at refs and a*****e!! and seattle players are too dirty because his head coach want to hits so hard for us.. i realize it.. fk fk..
Idk how this happened, but all of my hate for the Giants have shifted to the Seahawks. This rivalry is going to be nasty for a long time. Seahawks wanted to put 50 on us. Like we r an Arena Football team or something.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000116824/article/pete-carroll-seahawks-wanted-to-hang-50-on-49ers

Pardon me if it was already posted.
[ Edited by 49rz4Life on Dec 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM ]
Cant wait for this thread to go to the zone graveyard
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
That's not true; not everybody is over the QB controversy. Just listen to the radio. If you watched the game objectively, you would have noticed the Defense was not able to get Seattle's offense off of the field. People should be looking at how poorly the defense played more so than the offense.

I never listen to sports radio, so I don't know what fans are saying on there, I think most of us here have accepted our coach's decision whether we thought it was the right call or not. Our opinion is irrelevant, what isn't irrelevant is our right to honestly analyze and critique our team, and the leader of our offense, the QB.

Kap failed to mount a comeback. He's played played mediocre to bad in 4 of the 6 games. Our run yards per game continue to drop due to his inability to read a defense and then call a play at the line.

There's tons of stuff to criticize him for. He failed miserably. Our defense struggled too, but frankly, had we been able to mount time consuming drives like we used to then they wouldn't have been so tired. We've cut our long drives in half since Kap came in.

100% Kaps fault huh?

Play calling/teams we are playing/situation in the game....none of that is at fault, nope 100% Kap.

Look Kap didn't have a good game last night and shoulders the lions share of the blame cause that's the position he plays, however the play calling has been atrocious since he took over. I wish Roman would call the game like he did with Alex at the helm. Conservative power football. Since Kap took over he's trying to be the Pats every week except for when he should be.

Never said 100% Kap's fault. But so much of our offense is dependent on him making good calls, good reads, good passes (that don't get your players hurt) and GETTING THE PLAY OFF IN TIME!!

And we see another real problem popping up. Kap can't play from behind. He is supposed to solve that problem.

Enough of that garbage already. Vernon jumped for a ball he didn't have to, like he always does. His own fault he got planted the way he did. Mario's injury has 0 to do with Kap. It's inciting and cause for warnings if it continues as you have 0 evidence to support it and it's intent to continually mention it is to piss people off.

davis jumps and gets hit in the chest--if he doesnt jump he gets hit directly in the head
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
That's not true; not everybody is over the QB controversy. Just listen to the radio. If you watched the game objectively, you would have noticed the Defense was not able to get Seattle's offense off of the field. People should be looking at how poorly the defense played more so than the offense.

I never listen to sports radio, so I don't know what fans are saying on there, I think most of us here have accepted our coach's decision whether we thought it was the right call or not. Our opinion is irrelevant, what isn't irrelevant is our right to honestly analyze and critique our team, and the leader of our offense, the QB.

Kap failed to mount a comeback. He's played played mediocre to bad in 4 of the 6 games. Our run yards per game continue to drop due to his inability to read a defense and then call a play at the line.

There's tons of stuff to criticize him for. He failed miserably. Our defense struggled too, but frankly, had we been able to mount time consuming drives like we used to then they wouldn't have been so tired. We've cut our long drives in half since Kap came in.

100% Kaps fault huh?

Play calling/teams we are playing/situation in the game....none of that is at fault, nope 100% Kap.

Look Kap didn't have a good game last night and shoulders the lions share of the blame cause that's the position he plays, however the play calling has been atrocious since he took over. I wish Roman would call the game like he did with Alex at the helm. Conservative power football. Since Kap took over he's trying to be the Pats every week except for when he should be.

Never said 100% Kap's fault. But so much of our offense is dependent on him making good calls, good reads, good passes (that don't get your players hurt) and GETTING THE PLAY OFF IN TIME!!

And we see another real problem popping up. Kap can't play from behind. He is supposed to solve that problem.

Enough of that garbage already. Vernon jumped for a ball he didn't have to, like he always does. His own fault he got planted the way he did. Mario's injury has 0 to do with Kap. It's inciting and cause for warnings if it continues as you have 0 evidence to support it and it's intent to continually mention it is to piss people off.

Well i mean look nothing is done on purpose in the NFL, and no one makes a decision to get someone hurt. now if a wrong decision was made that led to someone getting hurt it happens. I mean you cant tell me, at least i can say i've watched tons of games, over the past 30 years in which the announcer said, the QB definitely shouldnt of thrown that ball.

Yesterday, the only thing i can say to give his comment some relevance is after Manningham got hurt, collingsworth immediately called out Kaep. Saying kaep shouldnt of thrown that ball, it was too late, and he said it a few times. which is why manningham got himmed up as much as he did. it all started with the throw from the QB.

Now to say he meant to get someone hurt nah, but making a bad decision does lead to that, and u shouldnt get upset cuz of that. Now if he's saying that Kaep meant to hurt someone, then thats a whole diff subject.

Dude, EXACTLY! I can't stand Collingsworth, but he did back up my point. Kap's throw was late, screwed up the timing, and cause MM to put himself in a vulnerable position. It happens all the time in the NFL. We are not without fault there. The pass to Vernon was the same thing, it got there late due to it being hung up too long, it should have been more of a laser instead of an attempted rainbow.

Not sure why people are taking this so personal. It's just a football analysis, which coincidentally was backed up by the announcer.
The announcer didn't say a word about Kaps throw being the reason for the injury on Mario, and Vernons throw was damn near perfect. You can't avoid injury on a tackle like Mario was tackled. The throw had NOTHING to do with the injury, it's just what sometimes happens when being tackled.

As for Collinsworth we all know he's a Niners hater and he was swinging from Wilsons nuts before the game even started. Him criticizing Kap may or may not have had anything to do with the actual play on the field and certainly isn't proof that "Kaps throwns are getting receivers hurt"
Originally posted by hofer36:

100% Kaps fault huh?

davis jumps and gets hit in the chest--if he doesnt jump he gets hit directly in the head

You cant say for certain what would have happened, just what did happen. Vernons momentum coming down from the jump is what made that hit so damn vicious as cam was moving faster and at a slightly upward angle.

I don't have any control over what anyone says in this forum. You can speak your mind freely, but so can I. If I see criticism, which in my opinion is premature and unwarranted, especially since it hasn't been nearly close to 7 years, I will voice my opinion. I don't agree from the perspective that you are coming from. You clearly expect Kaep to put the team on his shoulders, which is unrealistic given his inexperience and playing from behind situation (against SEA), which would have been difficult for ANY QB. His performance is more than what I expected from an inexperienced QB, but his performance in my opinion still tops the other guy. I disagree that you blame Kaep for the drop in run yards. That is a team influenced statistic including coaching. You can continue to pretend that other variables don't influence the game or Kaep's performance and blame him for the losses, but I will continue to dismantle those premature reactions. I haven't seen any mention of the Defense from you, which hasn't been performing as expected. Don't you think the effectiveness of a Defense can have any impact on the offense and QB play?? I rest my case.
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Dec 26, 2012 at 9:26 AM ]

100% Kaps fault huh?

dunno bout that --- he could have dove for the endzone if he caught in stride...when he jumped he became the perfect target for Chancellor.

I don't have any control over what anyone says in this forum. You can speak your mind freely, but so can I. If I see criticism, which in my opinion is premature and unwarranted, especially since it hasn't been nearly close to 7 years, I will voice my opinion. I don't agree from the perspective that you are coming from. You clearly expect Kaep to put the team on his shoulders, which is unrealistic given his inexperience and playing from behind situation (against SEA), which would have been difficult for ANY QB. His performance is more than what I expected from an inexperienced QB, but his performance in my opinion still tops the other guy. I disagree that you blame Kaep for the drop in run yards. That is a team influenced statistic including coaching. You can continue to pretend that other variables don't influence the game or Kaep's performance and blame him for the losses, but I will continue to dismantle those premature reactions. I haven't seen any mention of the Defense from you, which hasn't been performing as expected. Don't you think the effectiveness of a Defense can have any impact on the offense and QB play?? I rest my case.

Changed the offense totally after the Chicago game and yards per carry went down with this change. Why did he change the offense so late in the season. Did he change it for Kaep at the expense of the rest of the offense? If so then Kaep wasn't ready if not then why fix something that wasn't broke. Frank was averaging 6 yards per carry in the I formation following the FB with those awesome wham blocks from Walker. Now we run a gimmick college offense and the running game suffers. This is a running team you do not change the offense that much unless you expect the Qb to put the team on his back.
[ Edited by leakyfausett on Dec 26, 2012 at 9:44 AM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

100% Kaps fault huh?

dunno bout that --- he could have dove for the endzone if he caught in stride...when he jumped he became the perfect target for Chancellor.

I agree that Vernon didn't have to jump to catch that ball. He just feels more confident being able to catch the ball with his body. Anytime anyone jumps to catch a ball, the defender has an added motivation to stick it to 'em while they are off of their feet. I would have done the same thing. To be quite honest, I didn't understand why that was called unless there was some helmet to helmet contact, which I failed to see.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Changed the offense totally after the Chicago game and yards per carry went down with this change. Why did he change the offense so late in the season. Did he change it for Kaep at the expense of the rest of the offense? If so then Kaep wasn't ready if not then why fix something that wasn't broke. Frank was averaging 6 yards per carry in the I formation following the FB with those awesome wham blocks from Walker. Now we run a gimmick college offense and the running game suffers. This is a running team you do not change the offense that much unless you expect the Qb to put the team on his back.

Good questions. To answer them, you have to be able to look at two things carefully. Are those changes based on a change in philosophy based on Kaep's skills OR are those changes game plan adjustments based on what has been or not been working during games? I happen to think both are the case, moreso the latter. You cannot run the ball if the runner is being stuffed at the line continuously. I think many fans are under the erroneous assumption that just because you choose to run the ball more, you will win. Nonsense. To win requires running the ball EFFECTIVELY. Gore was not able to penetrate Seattle's D line and so, common sense means you stop running into a brick wall. The running plays stopped in the Seattle game because we could not penetrate. The other thing that added to the "gimmick" offense was playing from behind. I would understand your concerns more if the 9ers started the game with gimmick play and abandoned the run early, but that's just not my recollection. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Good questions. To answer them, you have to be able to look at two things carefully. Are those changes based on a change in philosophy based on Kaep's skills OR are those changes game plan adjustments based on what has been or not been working during games? I happen to think both are the case, moreso the latter. You cannot run the ball if the runner is being stuffed at the line continuously. I think many fans are under the erroneous assumption that just because you choose to run the ball more, you will win. Nonsense. To win requires running the ball EFFECTIVELY. Gore was not able to penetrate Seattle's D line and so, common sense means you stop running into a brick wall. The running plays stopped in the Seattle game because we could not penetrate. The other thing that added to the "gimmick" offense was playing from behind. I would understand your concerns more if the 9ers started the game with gimmick play and abandoned the run early, but that's just not my recollection. Correct me if I'm wrong.
My point is that they went to this Pistol after Chicago. Gore has not been as good running out of the read option of the pistol. It would be ok to use it once in a while but it has become our base offense. Why? The pistol is a college offense and it has been proven that those gimmick college offenses don't work for long in the NFl. Seattle ran the read option a few times and it worked because it was Different than their base. Just like last year we passed out of the jumbo package and ran the fly sweep now and then and they worked because they were unexpected. We have totally change the offense and my question is why? Our running game was #1 or #2 in NFl in rushing offense We are still top 5 but most of that is because of earlier in the year just like we are still top 5 in scoring defense even though the last two games we have given up piles of points. It would be hard as a ply caller to totally switch what you were doing and go to an offense that you are not that familiar with.
[ Edited by leakyfausett on Dec 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM ]
Put it this way....at least we snapped Seattle's 50+ pts win streak!

gore ran the ball effectively in the 1st game vs seattle
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home