LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Everybody's over it buddy. What you need to do is learn to accept legitimate criticism of our QB. Don't take it personal. No need to take cheap shots at people.

Our QB is not beyond criticism.

Originally posted by vaden:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kaepernick seems incapable of throwing jump balls, fades, or any type of short passes. They are almost all 100 MPH flat rockets.

Except when he needed to throw a rocket to wide open VD and instead tossed a rainbow that left him hanging.
A bad rainbow to boot that just hung there. Horrible throw. He really struggled. I'm very disappointed, I'm hoping for a quick ego boost in the next game, but after this debacle, and the Rams games, I'm not so sure we are guaranteed a win against the Cardinals. Their defense WILL come to play against a division opponent.
[ Edited by truekingcarlos on Dec 24, 2012 at 1:02 PM ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by susweel:
I wanted to post this in the Alex thread but its locked.

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest On this date in 2011, Alex Smith completed 14 of 26 passes for 179 yards with 61.7 QBR and 75.6 passer rating in victory at Seattle.

some people acting like Alex would have been the game changer yesterday and its simply not true. The game last year in Seattle our defense was outstanding and their QB was Tarvaris Jackson.

We had the ball 10 minutes in the first quarter. TOP and ball control would be the difference. Still no way to know if we would have won with a different Qb so this argument is pretty useless.

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest On this date in 2011, Alex Smith completed 14 of 26 passes for 179 yards with 61.7 QBR and 75.6 passer rating in victory at Seattle.

some people acting like Alex would have been the game changer yesterday and its simply not true. The game last year in Seattle our defense was outstanding and their QB was Tarvaris Jackson.

Dude, you forgot the most important stat. Look at the bold. Epic fail.

Come on man, enough with bringing the past into this. We have a new QB, and he's not beyond criticism. If Kap continues to lose us games, he's going to be analyzed thoroughly to see what the issue is.

He's had 2 good games against mediocre defenses, one of which shut him down to give NE a chance at coming back. And 4 horrendous to mediocre games where our defense gave him the wins. He's still trending downwards since that first game against overrated Chicago. He had one statistical anomaly against NE, and he almost blew that.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Fangio has to change the gameplan for an elusive QB like Wilson.

so true....

the 49ers where out game planed...the Seahawks abused the 49ers aggressiveness.

As 49er fans we praise Bowman,Willis,goldson and DW....they Seahawks used their aggressive nature against them.

The 49ers where out of posistion all night long.

I want a game 3 badly .....I think the 49ers where out coached, they can win a game 3

When it looked like the tide had turned for the Seahawks in the second half, Smith completed a deep pass to Crabtree. A FG later, the win was secured. The 2011 game was a slugfest, very different in nature.
  • Jiks
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82563c0a/Crabtree-s-41-yard-catch
  • vaden
  • Veteran

This just illustrates once again how misleading box scores can be. Alex played extremely well in that game and topped it off with a clutch bomb to Crabs that set up the gw fg. Even PFF, which has often been extremely critical of Alex, graded it as his best performance ever and gave him the game ball:

"As far as good games go in our eyes, Alex Smith has never had a better one than he did against the Seahawks. His +4.6 grade was the highest mark we've ever given him. Of the 49ers' 72 offensive snaps, Smith only had four negatively-graded plays; he showed the ability to make every throw possible and showed the ability to extend plays with his legs and improvise on the run. There were a couple of plays that really stuck out in particular, the first being at the 11:41 mark in the third quarter. On this play Smith made the absolute perfect throw by fitting it into the tight window right over Leroy Hill's head while still allowing Vernon Davis to get both feet down in bounds. The second play that impressed was a 2nd-and-18 throw that moved the 49ers into scoring position right after the Seahawks had scored a go-ahead touchdown in the fourth."
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
As a coach you do not make huge changes to your winning team late in the season and mess with chemistry. We were a team last year we looks like a disfunctional mob at times this year. Also college gimmickry offense will not work at this level. You might throw it in once in a while like last year but to switch to it almost exclusively is crazy. All of this is on Harbaugh is ego is huge.

i agree on the timing of the decision but last night was not the fault of ck if you are going down that road,, the whole damn team imploded which we have done many times this year, no matter who the quarter back is.. in terms of the ego of our head coach,,,, you will get zero argument from me

Ego is always a good thing. It separates the winners from the losers. Nobody wants a push over or weak minded personality like Norv Turner. You don't think Belichick has an ego? or Brady? You don't think Montana had an ego? His ego prevents him from verbalizing Steve Young's name. You don't think the Argentine and Brazilian soccer players have an ego. You don't think Manning has an ego? His ego was about control and running the Broncos offense, which he knew Harbs wouldn't have allowed. To be a winner, you have to have a true belief that you are a winner before you act like one. The difference is, many express that ego differently and that's what probably rubs many the wrong way. If you don't like it, then maybe you should have noticed it before he was signed and not endorsed him as head coach of the 9ers.

In regards to your comment regarding changing our chemistry late in the season, well, I'm assuming you are talking about the change in QB. You need to move on and get over it; You are acting like a person who was dumped that can't let go. If you were watching the game objectively, you would have realized it wasn't a Karpernick loss, it was a butt kicking of one team that played better than the other team. In addition, if you want to look at just QB play, then look at the stats. No QB played well late in the season in Seattle, not even Tom Brady.
Everybody's over it buddy. What you need to do is learn to accept legitimate criticism of our QB. Don't take it personal. No need to take cheap shots at people.

That's not true; not everybody is over the QB controversy. Just listen to the radio. If you watched the game objectively, you would have noticed the Defense was not able to get Seattle's offense off of the field. People should be looking at how poorly the defense played more so than the offense.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
As a coach you do not make huge changes to your winning team late in the season and mess with chemistry. We were a team last year we looks like a disfunctional mob at times this year. Also college gimmickry offense will not work at this level. You might throw it in once in a while like last year but to switch to it almost exclusively is crazy. All of this is on Harbaugh is ego is huge.

i agree on the timing of the decision but last night was not the fault of ck if you are going down that road,, the whole damn team imploded which we have done many times this year, no matter who the quarter back is.. in terms of the ego of our head coach,,,, you will get zero argument from me

Ego is always a good thing. It separates the winners from the losers. Nobody wants a push over or weak minded personality like Norv Turner. You don't think Belichick has an ego? or Brady? You don't think Montana had an ego? His ego prevents him from verbalizing Steve Young's name. You don't think the Argentine and Brazilian soccer players have an ego. You don't think Manning has an ego? His ego was about control and running the Broncos offense, which he knew Harbs wouldn't have allowed. To be a winner, you have to have a true belief that you are a winner before you act like one. The difference is, many express that ego differently and that's what probably rubs many the wrong way. If you don't like it, then maybe you should have noticed it before he was signed and not endorsed him as head coach of the 9ers.

In regards to your comment regarding changing our chemistry late in the season, well, I'm assuming you are talking about the change in QB. You need to move on and get over it; You are acting like a person who was dumped that can't let go. If you were watching the game objectively, you would have realized it wasn't a Karpernick loss, it was a butt kicking of one team that played better than the other team. In addition, if you want to look at just QB play, then look at the stats. No QB played well late in the season in Seattle, not even Tom Brady.

That's not true; not everybody is over the QB controversy. Just listen to the radio. If you watched the game objectively, you would have noticed the Defense was not able to get Seattle's offense off of the field. People should be looking at how poorly the defense played more so than the offense.

Yup. How the heck is Kaep supposed to put up 40+ points in consecutive road games against two great teams?

That's a lot to ask. Kaep didn't help his own cause but neither did his teammates. This was eerily similar to the Minnesota game, except we were at full strenghth then so it wasn't as big of a blowout.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 24, 2012 at 1:49 PM ]

Come on man, enough with bringing the past into this. We have a new QB, and he's not beyond criticism. If Kap continues to lose us games, he's going to be analyzed thoroughly to see what the issue is.

He's had 2 good games against mediocre defenses, one of which shut him down to give NE a chance at coming back. And 4 horrendous to mediocre games where our defense gave him the wins. He's still trending downwards since that first game against overrated Chicago. He had one statistical anomaly against NE, and he almost blew that.
i dont mind our boy sus, but sometimes even he posts witout thinking clearly. But Alex 3-0 Kaep 0-1 vs seattle. fact not fiction.

anywho, im writing because once again, listen i like Harbs but sometimes i too get pissed at feeding us the bs. So first last night he says that he had to, "Simplify the offense for kaep". Then today he says, "the niners werent surprised by anything that the hawks did".

I'm still rollin wit Harbs, but i gotta be honest, this year he's on something. Some moves he makes this year, it seems like he's saying greater good for the team. But more of a personal feel on what he personally think is right, then what the reality maybe should be.

Pride can be a scary thing, depending on when it's time to let go of it and be humble. Harb's Pride for just this season, may cost us a SB. just how i feel
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

i dont mind our boy sus, but sometimes even he posts witout thinking clearly. But Alex 3-0 Kaep 0-1 vs seattle. fact not fiction.

anywho, im writing because once again, listen i like Harbs but sometimes i too get pissed at feeding us the bs. So first last night he says that he had to, "Simplify the offense for kaep". Then today he says, "the niners werent surprised by anything that the hawks did".

I'm still rollin wit Harbs, but i gotta be honest, this year he's on something. Some moves he makes this year, it seems like he's saying greater good for the team. But more of a personal feel on what he personally think is right, then what the reality maybe should be.

Pride can be a scary thing, depending on when it's time to let go of it and be humble. Harb's Pride for just this season, may cost us a SB. just how i feel

fact not fiction the defense didnt allow 42 points in those games either. look at everything not just the win loss record.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

fact not fiction the defense didnt allow 42 points in those games either. look at everything not just the win loss record.

But im with 99.9% of the NFL, including, Montana, Big Ben, Young, Justin Smith, etc. when they have all said at the end of the day, all that matters is the win loss record. i think some even said stats are for losers. dont remember which player said that.

So do u agree that at the end of the day it's the W-L that matters. If so, nice try sus, but u dug this hole for yourself. Instead of trying to make a knock on Smith with ur point, u failed. Thats cool tho, i dont take it personal, it happens bro.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kaepernick seems incapable of throwing jump balls, fades, or any type of short passes. They are almost all 100 MPH flat rockets.

BTW,

i wonder if we realize you have three phases of a game.

Special teams it's own entity, Defense it's own, Offense it's own. If all parts do their individual job then we'd be winning in all phases.

In almost every game this year, whether Smith or Kaep at the helm, most fans in the zone broke down specifics. The D won that game, Special teams won that game, That was the consensus to even most of Smith's wins. Not by all fans, but by a lot.

So now, that we lose, with Kaep at the help, we have to look at it all. The D played horrible, but did the Offense do anything to help.

I think thats the problem some have. In this loss, some want to look at what Kaep did to help the loss. But instead of people just manning up, and saying well the D, sucked, the Special teams sucked, then ok the offense and kaep sucked too, they dont.

You ask one question, well Kaep had a horrible game, then they come back with, so did the D, so did the O, etc. I mean just answer the question at hand, it's not too hard. I will hold Kaep to the same criticism that we held Smith too. I'm not a flip flopper, and if he sucked than he sucked. Just like we'd say if it was Smith, Tolzien, or anyone else.

People in the zone know how i feel, im not a flip flopper. I think Harbs made the wrong choice with the QB change. But Smith is now the backup so i gotta support kaep. He will have growing pains, and learning curves, etc. I just personally would of loved to had ironed this thing out, in the offseason. Not when we were 6-2, and on a roll. But it is what it is, not gonna cry over spilled milk.

We are ride or dying with Kaep, and some just feel we'll dye faster this post season. Either way, love or hate any decisions, at the end of the day it's Go Niners above any other.
Share 49ersWebzone