There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 14: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Originally posted by kidash98:
One thing I still notice about Kaep is that he still holds the ball for too damn long. Not always, and he played well yesterday, but there were instances in which he could have let go of some of his passes earlier.

this is to expect, he's not andrew luck, he's not going to go out there his first 4 games and figure out his reads against the kitchen sinks defenses are throwing at him.

It's part of the risk you take when you put him out there
Originally posted by vrabbit:
One thing I still notice about Kaep is that he still holds the ball for too damn long. Not always, and he played well yesterday, but there were instances in which he could have let go of some of his passes earlier.

this is to expect, he's not andrew luck, he's not going to go out there his first 4 games and figure out his reads against the kitchen sinks defenses are throwing at him.

I understand that but it's not like he's a freakin' rookie either. I'm giving him credit for the last few games, he deserves it. Just making an observation.

I understand that but it's not like he's a freakin' rookie either. I'm giving him credit for the last few games, he deserves it. Just making an observation.

he's a 2nd year QB after 4 starts, he STRUGGLES against zone defense for the most part. I wasn't trying to infer you weren't giving him credit FWIW
- Good game by CK as he is proving he can - at the very least - produce similar results as Alex Smith from behind center. Whether or not it's going to be enough remains to be seen, but so far so good.

- What more can you say about Frank Gore? The total stats don't really seem to tell the story as he's playing some of his best football. If he had another gear you'd be looking at one of the best ever. As it is, he's awesome.

- It seems Crabtree's rise has come at Vernon Davis' expense. I'm not really sure what's going on there but Roman needs to find a way to spring Davis. Other teams have explosive TE's who are gameplanned for but still produce.

- These next two games are a pretty good litmus test for the 49ers. Harbaugh made the switch because he believes CK's big play potential will open up opportunities for the offense in big games. Well here come the big games.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Dec 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by cciowa:
we are still struggling with third down conversions no matter who the quarterback is and that should be a major worry for all

The epic 3rd down failure is blatantly about execution and play calling which I know is incredibly vague but its true. I feel like we aren't calling the right plays to set the players up to execute on the conversion.

Kaepernick's first game we converted on the bulk of our 3rd downs and they were mostly from downfield throws, now with teams consciously trying to stop the long bomb we are consciously calling underneath routes so were shooting ourselves in the foot. At some point we need to impose our will just like we did in Kaepernick's first start and just throw it all over the field on 3rd down.
yes,, i assume that is why we made a move at quarterback for a guy with a stronger arm.. so why the f**k are we not using that??
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

he's a 2nd year QB after 4 starts, he STRUGGLES against zone defense for the most part. I wasn't trying to infer you weren't giving him credit FWIW
zoners may have to put mods on time out
A few cool highlights of the game that I really enjoyed.

*Dashon Goldson's hits/tackles. Always worth a replay.

*Donte Whitner wrapping up Reggie Bush and then bodyslamming him to the ground. That made the crowd go nuts.

*Colin Kaep's touchdown run. When he turned the corner, he looked like a young Randy Moss sprinting past people.

*LeMicheal James and AJ Jenkins. Just having two fresh legs during this time of the season is a breath of fresh air. I hope Brandon Jacobs will get some extra snaps too. Keep everyone fresh.

*I didn't mind the two field goals. I wanted Akers to get his confidence back. We will need every point when it comes to the playoffs.
1. CK7 is not checking out of run plays when they are stacking the box and going to man coverage on the outside with no safety help.
2. CK7 needs to improve his clock management to avoid delay of game penalties
3. LMJ is the real deal. An offensive weapon that I felt would be used once CK7 was qb.
4. I regret questionning the Aldon Smith draft pick the day of the draft. He is simply a game changer.
5. Randy Moss is being under utilized. He has the ability to catch the CK7 lasers, and should be used more, let him help us bring a super bowl to the 49ers to cap his HOF career.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Not exactly sure he is the best example with him having 24 turnovers on the year.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stephenh_ap:
A few cool highlights of the game that I really enjoyed.

*Dashon Goldson's hits/tackles. Always worth a replay.

*Donte Whitner wrapping up Reggie Bush and then bodyslamming him to the ground. That made the crowd go nuts.

*Colin Kaep's touchdown run. When he turned the corner, he looked like a young Randy Moss sprinting past people.

*LeMicheal James and AJ Jenkins. Just having two fresh legs during this time of the season is a breath of fresh air. I hope Brandon Jacobs will get some extra snaps too. Keep everyone fresh.

*I didn't mind the two field goals. I wanted Akers to get his confidence back. We will need every point when it comes to the playoffs.
well that makes one of you that were ok with field goals.

Originally posted by Jcool:

Not exactly sure he is the best example with him having 24 turnovers on the year.

23 TD's, 23 turnovers by my count, and you don't really want to start this argument. 9-4 record and he's the MAIN reason for it, what is it? 6 comeback wins this season? most ever by a rookie?

mods?

He does hold it a bit too long, but I think it's because he's looking to go deep just about everytime he drops back.
good stuff as always Marvin 49