LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs Suspended (per twitter)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
According to Pro Football Talk, Jacobs is going to file a grievance against the 49ers.

The decision to suspend him without pay for the last three games is probably going to come back to bite the Niners. I'd be surprised if they can do this.

i never understood why they took Jacobs in the first place. He's a power back that doesn't run with power. He's a whiner and a complainer. If he griped in New York, why did Harbaugh think he'd be a better fit in San Francisco.

Good thing this is a cheap date. It may turn out to be a bit more expensive than the Niners had thought it would be.
After the signing of the free agents in the off season who really expected Jacobs would be the first one b***hing about not getting enough playing time?
Good Riddance!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
According to Pro Football Talk, Jacobs is going to file a grievance against the 49ers.

The decision to suspend him without pay for the last three games is probably going to come back to bite the Niners. I'd be surprised if they can do this.

i never understood why they took Jacobs in the first place. He's a power back that doesn't run with power. He's a whiner and a complainer. If he griped in New York, why did Harbaugh think he'd be a better fit in San Francisco.

Good thing this is a cheap date. It may turn out to be a bit more expensive than the Niners had thought it would be.

How would it really bite us? If he wins we he just gets the money that he was signed to.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/ray-ratto/brandon-jacobs-braylon-edwards-20

Ratto finally wrote a decent article.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

How would it really bite us? If he wins we he just gets the money that he was signed to.

Baalke is a pretty shrewd guy and I doubt they suspended him without getting their ducks in a row...but as mentioned by SportFan even if the niners lose they just pay the money owed and say adios.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by hps49:
Brandon Jacobs is frustrated with the niners. Go check out his Instagram ( speed4527 ) and comments. He's bragging about the NY Giants to saying he's not happy in SF.

Harbaugh prolly told him James is #2 RB.

Wonder if the niners picked him up just to take a little away from NY.

James wont be the #2, I would bet the farm on that

Looks like somebody just lost their farm.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Not sure if posted but....

According to Mike Garafolo of USA Today Sports, who provided blanket coverage of the Giants for many seasons, the only team that Jacobs is currently willing to play for is the Giants. By placing Jacobs on their suspended list for the rest of the season, the 49ers have blocked such a move until the 2013 offseason. Jacobs, however, is planning to file an appeal to either be reinstated, receive his remaining pay or his release.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/49ers-suspend-brandon-jacobs-wants-play-giants-225131217--nfl.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/niners/2012/12/10/san-francisco-49ers-brandon-jacobs-suspended-wants-to-return-to-new-york-giants/1759659/

So yea the conspiracy of an inside man against the Giants just gained a whole hell of a lot of creditability.....
Why was he suspended?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Why was he suspended?

"conduct detrimental to the team" a la his nut case moments on social media and likely in the locker room and on the field.

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Why was he suspended?

for citing conduct detrimental to the team
Anyone else find it funny that we signed this guy off the Giants and have been trolling him ever since? Gave him preseason work then shut him down once the real games started. Have him suit up and watch the Niners-Giants game. And now we are taking away your paycheck.

Hilarious.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Anyone else find it funny that we signed this guy off the Giants and have been trolling him ever since? Gave him preseason work then shut him down once the real games started. Have him suit up and watch the Niners-Giants game. And now we are taking away your paycheck.

Hilarious.

I think he was signed as more of an insurance for an in between the line north south rb in case Gore was injured, same reason I believe we drafted LMJ was in case Hunter went down.
don't let door hit you where the good lord split yea.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

of all the things we could worry about,, where he ends up and us maybe playing him again is not among them
Share 49ersWebzone