LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs Suspended (per twitter)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
of all the things we could worry about,, where he ends up and us maybe playing him again is not among them

Its not playing against him to worry about, its the information he will share with that team related to our playbook. Especially how in the Giants game Bradshaw seemed to know exactly what play we were calling on the 2nd pick I think and called it out to the defense from the sidelines.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Anyone else find it funny that we signed this guy off the Giants and have been trolling him ever since? Gave him preseason work then shut him down once the real games started. Have him suit up and watch the Niners-Giants game. And now we are taking away your paycheck.

Hilarious.

And stupid. I really wouldn't be surprised if that toolbag gave the Giants our playbook, and if he didn't, now he definitely will. Hell, he may just do that for the rest of the league.

Time to cut him loose and stop playing Kaepernick as Smith-light. Build an offense around Kaepernick. It might be too soon, but now we don't have a choice.
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
And stupid. I really wouldn't be surprised if that toolbag gave the Giants our playbook, and if he didn't, now he definitely will. Hell, he may just do that for the rest of the league.

Time to cut him loose and stop playing Kaepernick as Smith-light. Build an offense around Kaepernick. It might be too soon, but now we don't have a choice.

Why build a offense around our QB when it seems our QB has become quite fit for the offense we already have.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Why build a offense around our QB when it seems our QB has become quite fit for the offense we already have.

In bold and underlined.

In bold and underlined.

Rebuild a freshly built offense because what this d-bag could leak to other teams? Not needed. Let him leak it, we are becoming more versitile, and a bigger threat although people dont want to see it that way, its somewhat fact. The more our QB matures the less relevant the info Jacobs has becomes. Keep him on the team suspended till the end of the season, making him little to no threat to leaking our precious playbook and gameplans, and giving our QB time to mature and become less transparent, and predictable to defenses, by the beginning of next season any information Jacobs has will be nothing more then dust in the wind.
Does anyone have a link to the story about how the Giants knew all our plays? Or is that just a rumor?
my wife posted this on my fb yesterday i think it relates to this subject very well.

Originally posted by spizzy:
Does anyone have a link to the story about how the Giants knew all our plays? Or is that just a rumor?

I think its mostly just rumor and perspective, but ahmad bradshaw calling our plays to the Giants defense did make those rumors awfully believable.
Why suspend him and not cut him? What is the logic in this?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Protecting information or keeping us from having to play him, or possibly both. Suspending him also means we dont have to pay him as much either,

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

You haven't read any articles on the subject have you?

Technically he's still on the team but we don't have to pay him. If there were an injury to any of our rb's we can lift the suspension and bring him back.

Makes perfect sense.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
You haven't read any articles on the subject have you?

Technically he's still on the team but we don't have to pay him. If there were an injury to any of our rb's we can lift the suspension and bring him back.

Makes perfect sense.
Even though if that were to happen its unnlikely we get much effort from him.

In bold and underlined.

Rebuild a freshly built offense because what this d-bag could leak to other teams? Not needed. Let him leak it, we are becoming more versitile, and a bigger threat although people dont want to see it that way, its somewhat fact. The more our QB matures the less relevant the info Jacobs has becomes. Keep him on the team suspended till the end of the season, making him little to no threat to leaking our precious playbook and gameplans, and giving our QB time to mature and become less transparent, and predictable to defenses, by the beginning of next season any information Jacobs has will be nothing more then dust in the wind.

You're kidding yourself if you think other teams having our playbook and knowing the ins and outs of our offense doesn't seriously compromise our offense. We need to make major changes in how our offense conducts business, right down to new plays being implemented. And we need to do it now.

In bold and underlined.

I read when Harbaugh was at Stanford that he writes hundreds of plays each week, and that Walsh use to do the same. Instead of doodling, they write/wrote plays. So even if they lose the playbook there are so many plays in it (and in JHs mind) that they can shape game plans in any direction. So it doesn't bother me that Jacobs may have given up the playbook as much as inside info about players. And even that doesn't worry me too much. Walsh use to use one game plan to set teams up for the next game plan...sort of like chess.

Also, I would be really surprised if teams didn't have each other's playbooks. Another job Harbaugh had, I believe with the Raiders, was to watch film of upcoming teams and create their playbooks from those plays run throughout the year or years on film.
You're kidding yourself if you think other teams having our playbook and knowing the ins and outs of our offense doesn't seriously compromise our offense. We need to make major changes in how our offense conducts business, right down to new plays being implemented. And we need to do it now.

It does right here, right now, but if Jacobs doesnt get released until next season (if the suspension stands) Harbaugh could have hundreds more plays entered into the playbook and hundreds removed without Jacobs knowledge. If that was a threat whenever there is a disgruntled player, then teams would be rebuilding every single season. I also believe if he were to get caught sharing such information with another team, not only he, but the team he is sharing with would be up for a great deal of punishment.
Share 49ersWebzone