There are 276 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why Do We Only Have 3 Down lineman on Defense?

Count em.

Justin, Macdonald and Soapaoga. Aldon is an OLB, why didnt they bring in atleast 2 wide bodies even if theyre fringe players just to give Justin a breather and macdonald a breather. Now i know Fancois does a decent job sometimes, but C'mon. I personally believe that thats our only weakness on Defense besides the way over rated Pat Willis. You can see Justin & the boys gasping for air towards the 3rd & 4th Quarters poor guys.
If it ain't broke.....

Of all the conversations we should not be having, what we need to change about our defense ranks at the top.
is the 3-4 defense a new concept to you?
In a 3-4 defense, which we run, there a 3 downlinmen and 4 linebackers, hence the term, "3-4."

The linebackers, especially the outside linebackers, are supposed to provide the 4th and 5th rushers.
Guys, I think he is talking about the rotation of our d-line more than complaining that we run a 3-4. The fact that we rarely rotate out our 3 defensive linemen during a game is a legitimate concern.
read this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3–4_defense
Dobbs, Tukuafu, Ian Williams...
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Guys, I think he is talking about the rotation of our d-line more than complaining that we run a 3-4. The fact that we rarely rotate out our 3 defensive linemen during a game is a legitimate concern.

He said Pat Willis was overrated.
this thread should be a warning
We love the 3-4 defense apparently
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:

THIS. Depth is what I meant. I like the 3-4 and the way we run the 3-4. Im just concerned about the lack of depth
Originally posted by susweel:
this thread should be a warning

I disagree, there is no rule against having a lack of knowledge of the game. The 'Zone is way to critical sometimes. In his mind he was raising a legitimate concern. Nothing he said was false or misleading. He simply did not understand that the 3-4 defensive scheme involves only 3 down lineman. With that being said I am super pumped about the strong seasons Ray Mac, Soap, and J. Smith are having!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He said Pat Willis was overrated.

That was my first thought.