There are 138 users in the forums

Why Do We Only Have 3 Down lineman on Defense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
As for weaknesses, I think our only weakness is crooked ass refs calling BS penalties on us.
This!!!

Absolutely drives me crazy.

I really think the Minnesota loss was due to bad calls. A PI call on Goldson gave them their first TD.

Even in the last Rams game, they called Goldson for a helmet to helmet hit on QB Bradford when Bradford slid, but the replay showed NO helmet to helmet hit, and showed that Goldson actually pulled off a bit. Some of those "holding" calls were questionable as well--altho some were not.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
cuz we run a 3-4

Originally posted by boast:
is the 3-4 defense a new concept to you?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
As for weaknesses, I think our only weakness is crooked ass refs calling BS penalties on us.
This!!!

I really think the Minnesota loss was due to bad calls. A PI call on Goldson gave them their first TD.

Even in the last Rams game, they called Goldson for a helmet to helmet hit on QB Bradford when Bradford slid, but the replay showed NO helmet to helmet hit, and showed that Goldson actually pulled off a bit. Some of those "holding" calls were questionable as well--altho some were not.
come on guys, you are better than that. it is not the refs fault we have had penalty problems in every single game we play,, it is not the refs fault we have pass protected well in two games, it is not the refs fault our special teams aside from lee have been garbage. you can not refuse or ignore our problems we have and hide behind the " the refs are against us"
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Goldson's hit on Bradford was a BS call. Goldson was already in flight as bradford slid. On top of that, there was no helmet to helmet which I believe is what they called.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Bandwagoners gonna bandwagon? I just think Nav Bowman is better then Willis but Willis gets all the acolades. Just speakin the truth not tryin to ruffle any feathers

Yup, gotta admit Bowman has been making more plays than Willis lately.

I think that because Willis was so dominant Bowman has stepeed up huge to match these guys feed off each other. watch them before game they are nearly inseperable out of the tunnel... warm ups even just hanging on the sidelines they nevber leave each other. I think when one is doing poorly the other is able to take up the slack. Willis is just having his sophmore slump a few years to late lol.
Are you an idiot or just playing one in this thread?
Did he say OVER RATED Pat Wiliis????? Or was I seeing things......
Originally posted by Fisherniner:
Bandwagoners gonna bandwagon? I just think Nav Bowman is better then Willis but Willis gets all the acolades. Just speakin the truth not tryin to ruffle any feathers

I think that because Willis was so dominant Bowman has stepeed up huge to match these guys feed off each other. watch them before game they are nearly inseperable out of the tunnel... warm ups even just hanging on the sidelines they nevber leave each other. I think when one is doing poorly the other is able to take up the slack. Willis is just having his sophmore slump a few years to late lol.

It's funny because I've been paying more attention to the 2 because of this argument and it's a completely false assumption. The difference is that pat is being asked to cover TEs and WRs because he's better at that than bowman so he's not in a position to make the plays we're accustomed to seeing.

Anyways LMAO at this thread
Originally posted by cciowa:
This!!!

come on guys, you are better than that. it is not the refs fault we have had penalty problems in every single game we play,, it is not the refs fault we have pass protected well in two games, it is not the refs fault our special teams aside from lee have been garbage. you can not refuse or ignore our problems we have and hide behind the " the refs are against us"
Come on guy. No one suggested that "the refs are against us," nor is anyone trying to suggest that the team doesn't have its share of problems and issues.

But if you've watched any games, you'd have to agree that there have been some really bad calls, some at crucial times, this year. And its not just against the Niners. (Did you see Packers vs. Seattle?)

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Guys, I think he is talking about the rotation of our d-line more than complaining that we run a 3-4. The fact that we rarely rotate out our 3 defensive linemen during a game is a legitimate concern.

He said Pat Willis was overrated.

This

Uh...it has alot more to do with SCHEME. Willis is called on much more often in coverage. Bowman is called on to play closer to the LOS more often and blitzes more often.

Not trashing Bowman because he's awesome, but there is a reason Willis is making fewer tackles.
Originally posted by boast:
is the 3-4 defense a new concept to you?

lol most likely it is.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
This!!!

Come on guy. No one suggested that "the refs are against us," nor is anyone trying to suggest that the team doesn't have its share of problems and issues.

But if you've watched any games, you'd have to agree that there have been some really bad calls, some at crucial times, this year. And its not just against the Niners. (Did you see Packers vs. Seattle?)
and moss should have been called for a pass interference,, it works both ways. you guys just said the refs are our biggest problem and our only weakness. that is laughable
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Uh...it has alot more to do with SCHEME. Willis is called on much more often in coverage. Bowman is called on to play closer to the LOS more often and blitzes more often.

Not trashing Bowman because he's awesome, but there is a reason Willis is making fewer tackles.
of of the things you could concern yourself with on our team,, bowman and willis are not one or two of them in my opinion
Share 49ersWebzone