LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Why Do We Only Have 3 Down lineman on Defense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by Fisherniner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Bandwagoners gonna bandwagon? I just think Nav Bowman is better then Willis but Willis gets all the acolades. Just speakin the truth not tryin to ruffle any feathers

Yup, gotta admit Bowman has been making more plays than Willis lately.

I think that because Willis was so dominant Bowman has stepeed up huge to match these guys feed off each other. watch them before game they are nearly inseperable out of the tunnel... warm ups even just hanging on the sidelines they nevber leave each other. I think when one is doing poorly the other is able to take up the slack. Willis is just having his sophmore slump a few years to late lol.

It's funny because I've been paying more attention to the 2 because of this argument and it's a completely false assumption. The difference is that pat is being asked to cover TEs and WRs because he's better at that than bowman so he's not in a position to make the plays we're accustomed to seeing.

Anyways LMAO at this thread

Actually both are asked to drop into coverage. Its just that O-lineman zero in on Willis which frees up Bowman, that doesn't make WiIlis overrated in any sense though.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Ya but Moss & Manningham were already signed and AJ Jenkins is a project seems like. So why not draft a Beast of a DE at #30 because Justin cannot last 4 ever

I'm sure adding talent to the D-line will be a point of emphasis in the near future. As for this past draft, the team's #1 goal during the off-season was to become more explosive on offense and add more depth to the skill positions. Injuries to the WR core really hurt us in 2011, and Gore wore down late in the year. They didn't want to be put in that position again, which is why we loaded up on RB's and WR's.

Soooooo.......

Our GM is drafting in one direction and our coaches are coaching in another (read opposite). What good does drafting for "explosiveness" do when your play calling is still über-conservative?

At first I thought we were just making lemonade with lemons (AS).

Now that AS is removed from the equation.....roman and Harbs don't want explosive players cuz they want to squat on leads and over rely on the defense and kicker.
[ Edited by GoldandGarnet on Dec 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Overkill:
I personally believe that thats our only weakness on Defense besides the way over rated Pat Willis.

Huh? Patrick Willis is a weakness on defense?

Um hello! Who was that SLOW Tight end on the Lambs who beat Willis for the 2pt conversion?? Hello!

You say you're not trying to ruffle feathers and then you post something like this lol. The dude has been either in the pro bowl or named all pro in every year he's been in the league and now a couple bad plays make him overrated? For every 1 bad play he makes 5 great ones.

Since you think he's so overrated can you name me 5 ILB's, excluding Bowman, that you would take over P-willy?
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Dobbs, Tukuafu, Ian Williams...

dont play
Share 49ersWebzone