There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh Coaches Approval Rating Thread

A+

Do people remember 2003-2010? Don't take this for granted. Harbaugh is the reason why we're winning again. Anything under an A grade just shows how fickle fans can be.
Originally posted by HOF49er:
F, cause he put in a backup when the good starting QB is healthy and put himself between rock and a hard place he can't get out of AND he didn't bother using his 1st and 2nd rd players until maybe this game when the regular season is close to being over, while there is still no true #1 WR on the team and Hunter is gone of the rest of the season.

wow an F
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
F, cause he put in a backup when the good starting QB is healthy and put himself between rock and a hard place he can't get out of AND he didn't bother using his 1st and 2nd rd players until maybe this game when the regular season is close to being over, while there is still no true #1 WR on the team and Hunter is gone of the rest of the season.

wow an F
an f is stupid but a plus is not logical either. i like sus have been suspect of our two picks but if they can come out today and for the rest of the year and make some plays, i will take that back. Jh is not god, he is not or should not be immune from honest to god questions and concerns we have about this team. mine center around his cometimes to cute play calling, when he throws a flag, when he and fellow coaches get out coached in games and the arrogant way he handled the panning smith thing and his decision to change qb in the middle of a season. I do not question ck being the quarterback mind you,, just the timing of his decision.he got an a last year and b borderline b minus this year from me
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brew:
C+
Lots of positives
And lots of negatives

c plus is a titch harsh,, but fourth most penalized team in the nfl is not good.
Originally posted by cciowa:

wow an F
an f is stupid but a plus is not logical either. i like sus have been suspect of our two picks but if they can come out today and for the rest of the year and make some plays, i will take that back. Jh is not god, he is not or should not be immune from honest to god questions and concerns we have about this team. mine center around his cometimes to cute play calling, when he throws a flag, when he and fellow coaches get out coached in games and the arrogant way he handled the panning smith thing and his decision to change qb in the middle of a season. I do not question ck being the quarterback mind you,, just the timing of his decision.he got an a last year and b borderline b minus this year from me

Agreed...we are a championship-worthy team and our standards should be the highest. Just b/c the previous regime was "worse" does not automatically dismiss a current coaching staff/GM/FO from mistakes. Remember, this coaching staff has only been in place for 1.75 years now and they are going to make mistakes...sometimes lots of them...from personnel decisions, to play calling, to getting out-coached, to patterns, to lack of adjustments, to putting players in the wrong positions at the wrong times, etc. That said, we shouldn't overlook all the RIGHT calls they've made...from the LT signings, drafts, progress, brilliant calls, etc.

For me, I'd give us a solid B. We've won a ton of games over the past 1.75 years now but there clearly, is a lot of room for more progress and improvement and we are still getting outcoached. I'm still concerned about our offensive philosophy, game plan and OC in general, sometimes the way Fangio coaches, overall vanilla and conservative philosophy, personnel decisions, banging our head against a brick wall over and over expecting different results (e.g. definition of insanity), etc.

But we need to keep perspective...we all had questions about Walsh, Debartalo, Sefiert, etc.

Right now though, we're in a major transition with CK at the helm, some more upcoming personnel decisions having to be made d/t injuries, a tough schedule to face, etc...we will learn a LOT about this coaching staff in the next 4 games. If they go 4-0 or 3-1, I'm willing to bump my grade. But if they go 2-2 or worse, I will have to lower my grade. When a coaching a staff has to dip into the depth pool, THAT is when you find out most about your coaching staff...
Originally posted by 190836:
Still an A, but he needs to stop with his conservative game plans or he'll drop to F in a hurry.

This.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
A+

Good read on the value of Harbaugh: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8723176/jim-harbaugh-continues-biggest-bargain-football
Originally posted by NCommand:

wow an F

Agreed...we are a championship-worthy team and our standards should be the highest. Just b/c the previous regime was "worse" does not automatically dismiss a current coaching staff/GM/FO from mistakes. Remember, this coaching staff has only been in place for 1.75 years now and they are going to make mistakes...sometimes lots of them...from personnel decisions, to play calling, to getting out-coached, to patterns, to lack of adjustments, to putting players in the wrong positions at the wrong times, etc. That said, we shouldn't overlook all the RIGHT calls they've made...from the LT signings, drafts, progress, brilliant calls, etc.

For me, I'd give us a solid B. We've won a ton of games over the past 1.75 years now but there clearly, is a lot of room for more progress and improvement and we are still getting outcoached. I'm still concerned about our offensive philosophy, game plan and OC in general, sometimes the way Fangio coaches, overall vanilla and conservative philosophy, personnel decisions, banging our head against a brick wall over and over expecting different results (e.g. definition of insanity), etc.

But we need to keep perspective...we all had questions about Walsh, Debartalo, Sefiert, etc.

Right now though, we're in a major transition with CK at the helm, some more upcoming personnel decisions having to be made d/t injuries, a tough schedule to face, etc...we will learn a LOT about this coaching staff in the next 4 games. If they go 4-0 or 3-1, I'm willing to bump my grade. But if they go 2-2 or worse, I will have to lower my grade. When a coaching a staff has to dip into the depth pool, THAT is when you find out most about your coaching staff...

Harbaugh is the reason this team is a championship quality team. We are second in the confrence and first in the division thus far. Unless we miss the playoffs or lose a superbowl, i consider this coaching proformance an A. We have a winning team. Enjoy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

wow an F

the fourth most penalized team is alarming to me. i do not fall into the group that says the refs are against us. that should be a worry for all of us fans , no matter who the qb is. the same can be said, in my opinon, for horses**t pass protection in most of our games this year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Originally posted by 190836:
Still an A, but he needs to stop with his conservative game plans or he'll drop to F in a hurry.

This.

and cute playcalling as well

wow an F

the fourth most penalized team is alarming to me. i do not fall into the group that says the refs are against us. that should be a worry for all of us fans , no matter who the qb is. the same can be said, in my opinon, for horses**t pass protection in most of our games this year

I think the recent penalties can be associated to the lack of experience of CK. We had like 15-16 penalties in the last 2 games alone. Both being in loud domes on the road. This is a problem that will be worked out im sure.
A+

We're mediocre without him. Alex is buried on another team's depth chart without him. Colin would be just another raw QB without him.

The productivity he instills in QBs and his ability to get his players to commit to the team is priceless. He might be the best coach in the NFL.
Easy A we have a winning season the second year in a row. When was the last time we could say that? Seriously we are nit picking if we have negative things to say about him. We are so lucky to have him here, he fished us from the depths of hell and brought us to the top of the league.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustMike:
I think the recent penalties can be associated to the lack of experience of CK. We had like 15-16 penalties in the last 2 games alone. Both being in loud domes on the road. This is a problem that will be worked out im sure.

penalties and mistakes which kill our drives and extend drives for the other team have been an issue all year long just like poor pass protection. besides ck does not play defense and the defensive mistakes have been horrid
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:
Easy A we have a winning season the second year in a row. When was the last time we could say that? Seriously we are nit picking if we have negative things to say about him. We are so lucky to have him here, he fished us from the depths of hell and brought us to the top of the league.
what he did to fish us out of hell has nothing to do with legit concerns many of us have this year. i could make a list but its been well documented. l like him very much but i have cut back on my consumption of his bath water