There are 259 users in the forums

Next player you want to see signed to an extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
ADavis
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Didn't want to start new thread, but we save $20.02M by cutting Alex, Haralson, Goodwin and Akers before the beginning of free agency. Plus thr 3.588, would give us $23.68M to spend for 2013 free agents.

lol Alex aboutta get trolled
goldson
ALDON
How about a vote for Tarell Brown?
Goldson and Aldon!!!

add Soap in there if he comes at a good price!
I still say Alex...because it means we won the Super Bowl and that he played lights out.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Justin Smith?
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Ab83rules, Goodwin has only 1 year left on his contract after this season and I'd like to keep him. I think keeping the line together is of upmost importance. We draft a center in the 2013 draft and let him learn the sytem and develop for 1 year before taking over for Goodwin. I think we can get Goldson franchised/resigned,Soap or RJF resigned,Gooden,Brock,McBath,and our draft picks almost all by done by releasing Alex Smith,Haralson and Akers.

That's very doable. We would need to extend Goodwin 2 more years and lower his salary and save some room. He is a good Center. And let Kilgore play behind him more.

I would want this to happen.

We could easily have 28M to spend with Alex, Haralson and Akers cuts, Whitner and Justin Smith extensions, and Goodwin extension

Extend to get more cap room J.Smith and Whitner.
Goldson retained(Extension or Tagged)
RJF or Sopoaga Re-Signed
Walker extended
Brock and McBath on 1 yr 630k deals
Gooden on 2 yr deal
Draft depth on DL
3rd OLB Drafted
Backup OT Drafted

And if anything left over extend Iupati. Maybe Mario gets extension too, lower salary, get Brown done too. So all we worry about are A.,Davis, Crabs, KAep, Aldon, Cully, Hunter, and Miller I believe.

Assuming Kaep starts, Aldon and Kaep will each require 10 million + contracts. That is a big underestimate. I think it would be better to get their deals done sooner rather than later before their stock goes over the moon. Right now their stock is high, but its climbing fast. If we sign them this off season, we might get away with paying them only around 10 million each, which would be a bargain. But that would be around 20 million for both of them. We would still have to wave Rogers and Goldson if we want to keep core players like A. Davis and Iupati, Hunter, Crabtree, Manningham, Miller, Soap, RJF, Brown and Culliver.

People are all excited right now, understandably, but the reality is no matter how clever our front office is, we can't keep EVERYBODY. We have to let some go. I would rather let Rogers and Goldson go than lose a bunch of O-line, WR's, DL and CB's.

Goldson is just the odd man out. He is slightly overrated, but more importantly, he has already proven that he is looking for the huge payday. Rogers is a good player, but as the Eagles have proven, CB's are overrated in the modern NFL.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM ]
Didn't want to start new thread, but we save $20.02M by cutting Alex, Haralson, Goodwin and Akers before the beginning of free agency. Plus thr 3.588, would give us $23.68M to spend for 2013 free agents.

That's my hit list

Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Goldson and Aldon!!!

add Soap in there if he comes at a good price!

Agree about the first two, but after that I would be looking to re-sign Iupati, Culliver and Davis, in that order.

I realise it is a small sample, but our recent draft record looks pretty good; I would be interested to see the team trade some players in their final year if they know they won't resign them, rather than just have them for that extra year and then lose them for nothing
Goldston
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Assuming Kaep starts, Aldon and Kaep will each require 10 million + contracts. That is a big underestimate. I think it would be better to get their deals done sooner rather than later before their stock goes over the moon. Right now their stock is high, but its climbing fast. If we sign them this off season, we might get away with paying them only around 10 million each, which would be a bargain. But that would be around 20 million for both of them. We would still have to wave Rogers and Goldson if we want to keep core players like A. Davis and Iupati, Hunter, Crabtree, Manningham, Miller, Soap, RJF, Brown and Culliver.

People are all excited right now, understandably, but the reality is no matter how clever our front office is, we can't keep EVERYBODY. We have to let some go. I would rather let Rogers and Goldson go than lose a bunch of O-line, WR's, DL and CB's.

Goldson is just the odd man out. He is slightly overrated, but more importantly, he has already proven that he is looking for the huge payday. Rogers is a good player, but as the Eagles have proven, CB's are overrated in the modern NFL.

Signing Colin Kaepernick to a contract extension now is ridiculously early. He has great potential but come on.... Look at some QBs who got paid & only had a few starts:

KEVIN KOLB
RYAN FITZPATRICK
MATT FLYNN

let's let the season play out before we pay KAEP anything
aldon, t. brown, a. davis should be the next ones extended
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Signing Colin Kaepernick to a contract extension now is ridiculously early. He has great potential but come on.... Look at some QBs who got paid & only had a few starts:

KEVIN KOLB
RYAN FITZPATRICK
MATT FLYNN

let's let the season play out before we pay KAEP anything

I agree.

When I say "sooner rather than later" I am talking about sometime this year (this off season for Kaep), rather than waiting until their contracts expire.
Share 49ersWebzone