LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Next player you want to see signed to an extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Didn't want to start new thread, but we save $20.02M by cutting Alex, Haralson, Goodwin and Akers before the beginning of free agency. Plus thr 3.588, would give us $23.68M to spend for 2013 free agents.

Seems like a legit possibility. Either cut them or ask them to take a pay cut especially if we plan on re-signing Goldson long term. You know my feelings... we will at least tag Goldson. By the way did I ever ask you how much we would be on the hook for if Rogers got cut after 2013? Would save some money for Justin, Goldson, Brown, Iupati, Davis, Kap, etc. Thanks as always buddy.

After 2013 makes most sense, unless we are willing to wait for june 1st for the cut, then we could save the money till then, etxned iupati or someone else with the money, but we would need a CB signed or drafted early.
AB what are the cap numbers for Goodwin. I agree he might be the week link but could stick with him if numbers were ok
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
AB what are the cap numbers for Goodwin. I agree he might be the week link but could stick with him if numbers were ok

I think AB said he makes like 5 and we can save like 4.25 if we cut him. We might end up keeping him because we will have the money for Goldson if we cut Alex.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 29, 2012 at 4:00 PM ]
Iupati, Kaep, Aldon
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Iupati, Kaep, Aldon

THIS
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Iupati since we can't extend Kaep/Aldon until next offseason.
2013 - Iupati, Boldin (through 2014)
2014 - Kap, Aldon, Culliver (if he behaves)
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Iupati, Kaep, Aldon

THIS

Co-Sign
Iupati, Kaep, Aldon

Aldon still has something to prove after his play w/o Cowboy IF he wants to be the highest paid OLB or something. Dude looked like a different player... the cowboy will not always be there to inflate Aldon's numbers.
2013 - OG Mike Iupati, WR Michael Crabtree

2014 - QB Colin Kaepernick, LB Aldon Smith, CB Chris Culliver (Maybe?)
Originally posted by PTulini:
2013 - OG Mike Iupati, WR Michael Crabtree

2014 - QB Colin Kaepernick, LB Aldon Smith, CB Chris Culliver (Maybe?)

I think Cully will tear it up this season. Unfortunatley, his embarrasing Super Bowl performance diminished a really good regular season and playoffs.

In 2013, Mike Iupati and Tarell Brown.

Iupati is obvious. But Brown is a solid player and our best all-around CB IMO. He's the type of player that won't command top dollar on the open market, so hopefully we could lock him up for fair $$$.

If Crabtree returns to the field in 2013 and plays well, then he may also be worth extending after the season. But at that point he will be a secondary priority to Kaepernick and Aldon.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Iupati
I think Iupati and Crabtree get signed this season then Kaepernick and Aldon next season
Originally posted by tohara3:
I think Iupati and Crabtree get signed this season then Kaepernick and Aldon next season

no way in hell crabs gets resigned this offseason...not coming off a serious injury.
Originally posted by blm7754:
In 2013, Mike Iupati and Tarell Brown.

Iupati is obvious. But Brown is a solid player and our best all-around CB IMO. He's the type of player that won't command top dollar on the open market, so hopefully we could lock him up for fair $$$.

If Crabtree returns to the field in 2013 and plays well, then he may also be worth extending after the season. But at that point he will be a secondary priority to Kaepernick and Aldon.

I don't know about that. Brown is usually rated very high by outfits like PFO and PFF. Maicco has already written that T Brown could be the hardest player to re-sign because he'll probably be offered a hefty contract somewhere else if he hits the market. He's got real good speed and he's very disciplined. My guess is that the first Niner pick in the draft next year will be one of the top three corners available.
Share 49ersWebzone