LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Next player you want to see signed to an extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If everything plays out, we can probably wait a year to extend Kap and Aldon. But, we have to get Goldson done next. Get him squared away then move on to the other two guys.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 28, 2012 at 4:47 AM ]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Didn't want to start new thread, but we save $20.02M by cutting Alex, Haralson, Goodwin and Akers before the beginning of free agency. Plus thr 3.588, would give us $23.68M to spend for 2013 free agents.

Do it!!!
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Tolkien

I'm at work and this literally made me lol.
Didn't want to start new thread, but we save $20.02M by cutting Alex, Haralson, Goodwin and Akers before the beginning of free agency. Plus thr 3.588, would give us $23.68M to spend for 2013 free agents.

Of that list I think Goodwin is the only head scratcher. The Niners need to keep the pedal to the metal, Goodwin is the starter, the line is playing great under his direction, milk it until his present contract runs out. Just my opinion which is worthless, but I stil give it.
Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati.

This! Get it done...
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Also we have 13! draft picks next year, Draft smart and build from within!

VD
Willis
Iupati
A.Davis
Aldon!

All 1st round studs! Scout some sleepers and we set for the long run!
Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati.

this
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:

Do it!!!

Alex might start, Goodwin needs a contract reduction, but he doesn't need to be cut he's avg and we should fix his deal and draft his replacement. Akers hasn't been kicking like last season so this im ok with. I hate Haralson always have... Alex ummm I still want him to start, but thats up to coach and if he doesn't than either pay cut or trade.

Originally posted by Irish40Niner:

Do it!!!

Alex will be a goner for sure

Haralson too , Akers is coming to the end of his career

but I'd like to keep Goodwin too ...but Kilgore should be ready to go fulltime next year, plus we can draft a center with one of out first 3 picks, ...$23.68M is a lot of cake to use towards bringing in more talent
Isaac Sopoaga
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Tolkien

No hobbits, please. Orcs, maybe, or even a rock troll or two?
Put Goldson as my vote. Going to take some cuts and re-structuring in the next few years of decent to good players but I'd sacrifice guys like Haralson, Akers, Goodwin, Rogers, Alex and not re-signing Walker and Sopoaga to keep Goldson. He's one of the top safeties in the league. Edit: Although, we can't negotiate with him until after the season so it could be awhile. Maybe we try to get someone like RJF before. Someone else could be extended and re-structured before Goldson signs as well.

And another quote I found is how they said some teams might think well we got one good ILB who is making 50+ million we can't afford another one at 45. They said it's not like that. They are extending the best players on the team period.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 29, 2012 at 6:44 AM ]
THE SON OF GOLD NEEDS TO BE SIGNED!
Share 49ersWebzone