There are 229 users in the forums

Next player you want to see signed to an extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Goldson for sure. Brown should get extended as well. Then we gotta draft for the Dline.
1) Goldson
2) Iupati & A.Davis
3) Aldon
4) Hunter
5) Crabtree
Goldson, A. Davis, A. Smith, and Iupati.
The hawk
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
That's very doable. We would need to extend Goodwin 2 more years and lower his salary and save some room. He is a good Center. And let Kilgore play behind him more.

I would want this to happen.

We could easily have 28M to spend with Alex, Haralson and Akers cuts, Whitner and Justin Smith extensions, and Goodwin extension

Extend to get more cap room J.Smith and Whitner.
Goldson retained(Extension or Tagged)
RJF or Sopoaga Re-Signed
Walker extended
Brock and McBath on 1 yr 630k deals
Gooden on 2 yr deal
Draft depth on DL
3rd OLB Drafted
Backup OT Drafted

And if anything left over extend Iupati. Maybe Mario gets extension too, lower salary, get Brown done too. So all we worry about are A.,Davis, Crabs, KAep, Aldon, Cully, Hunter, and Miller I believe.

We'll save about 13 million by doing nothing anyway...Willis' contract was loaded for this season. 16 million this season, 3 million next.
Goldson without a doubt. After that............Aldon Smith and the two key offensive linemen, Iupati and A. Davis.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati.

Yes, please.

+1
Goldson.
This extension for Bowman really puts the pressure on Goldson. Bowman is by far a more key ingredient to this defense than Goldson is. Accepting a deal like this to ensure the 49ers are able to keep this defense in tact really forces Goldson to decide if he wants to be part of something special or jump at the money.

Pretty sure we're drafting a safety pretty high up this offseason, so I think we franchise Goldson again if he doesn't want to play ball, give the pick a little time to learn, and show Goldson he's expendable.
Originally posted by VDSF:

/Thread

this and if we dont have the money for him, dump Rogers

Didn't want to start new thread, but we save $20.02M by cutting Alex, Haralson, Goodwin and Akers before the beginning of free agency. Plus thr 3.588, would give us $23.68M to spend for 2013 free agents.

I hope we do the same thing as last off season
don't sign any big free agents. Just use the money to resign our guys

I see people said Crabtree, Iupati, and Anthony Davis.
I want them to be 9ers for the rest of their careers too but they'll still be 9ers through 2015
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Nov 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Didn't want to start new thread, but we save $20.02M by cutting Alex, Haralson, Goodwin and Akers before the beginning of free agency. Plus thr 3.588, would give us $23.68M to spend for 2013 free agents.

this
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

this
who could we replace goodwin and haralson with? rookie? free agent? sounds like the team may be taking some steps to replace akers now
Goldson, Justin Smith, Whitner drop Alex
Gore_21, It would be $6.6M savings in 2014, and $7,6M in 2015, with $1.25M dead money in both years.

Thanks. I like Carlos... he's a good team guy and a solid player but it might be a move we have to make. That's 14.2 mil that can be put towards better players like Iupati, AD, Culliver, Kap, etc. We'll see how he does in 2013 though. To me this year I didn't expect him to repeat those 6 ints so I am not as disappointed as some. I think he does a solid job but there are a few slot guys who are just too quick for him and he has no business covering them (amendola, cruz to start). There are 31 other teams that would love to have him and so do we but unless he re-structures we probably have to cut him after 2013. Culliver will be #2 probably by next year anyways. Glad we re-signed him though because we need him for these 2 years.
Share 49ersWebzone