LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Next player you want to see signed to an extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Didn't want to start new thread, but we save $20.02M by cutting Alex, Haralson, Goodwin and Akers before the beginning of free agency. Plus thr 3.588, would give us $23.68M to spend for 2013 free agents.

Seems like a legit possibility. Either cut them or ask them to take a pay cut especially if we plan on re-signing Goldson long term. You know my feelings... we will at least tag Goldson. By the way did I ever ask you how much we would be on the hook for if Rogers got cut after 2013? Would save some money for Justin, Goldson, Brown, Iupati, Davis, Kap, etc. Thanks as always buddy.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by VDSF:

/Thread

Goldson is getting signed. They will release Alex saving money. Jacobs is gone. Probably Moss. Patrick Willis got paid $17 million this year and it switches to $3 million next year. So we save money there. We got enough for Goldson and Bowman. We are keeping both.

Yes, the Hawk must be signed! The money saved can help with that. The only bad thing is we have to wait until the end of the season according to NFL rules.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Didn't want to start new thread, but we save $20.02M by cutting Alex, Haralson, Goodwin and Akers before the beginning of free agency. Plus thr 3.588, would give us $23.68M to spend for 2013 free agents.

Seems like a legit possibility. Either cut them or ask them to take a pay cut especially if we plan on re-signing Goldson long term. You know my feelings... we will at least tag Goldson. By the way did I ever ask you how much we would be on the hook for if Rogers got cut after 2013? Would save some money for Justin, Goldson, Brown, Iupati, Davis, Kap, etc. Thanks as always buddy.

After 2013 makes most sense, unless we are willing to wait for june 1st for the cut, then we could save the money till then, etxned iupati or someone else with the money, but we would need a CB signed or drafted early.
After 2013 makes most sense, unless we are willing to wait for june 1st for the cut, then we could save the money till then, etxned iupati or someone else with the money, but we would need a CB signed or drafted early.

Do you know how much dead money we would have for the last 2 years?
Goldson, for sure. It'll be risky finding a replacement through FA or the draft. I think he's next in line...HOPEFULLY!
Gore_21, It would be $6.6M savings in 2014, and $7,6M in 2015, with $1.25M dead money in both years.
Scott Tolzien IMO
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Iupati
Alex Smith.

I believe I can get almost everyone to agree with me on this. Lofty Goal? I dunno.

Why? because the only way he is extended is if we win the Superbowl and he has played so well that the front office can't fathom letting him go.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Nov 27, 2012 at 2:26 PM ]
Ab83rules, Goodwin has only 1 year left on his contract after this season and I'd like to keep him. I think keeping the line together is of upmost importance. We draft a center in the 2013 draft and let him learn the sytem and develop for 1 year before taking over for Goodwin. I think we can get Goldson franchised/resigned,Soap or RJF resigned,Gooden,Brock,McBath,and our draft picks almost all by done by releasing Alex Smith,Haralson and Akers.

I'd like to sign Delanie walker. He does so much for the offense.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Iupati
Easy... The Hawk. He deserves it as much as anybody on the roster.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Ab83rules, Goodwin has only 1 year left on his contract after this season and I'd like to keep him. I think keeping the line together is of upmost importance. We draft a center in the 2013 draft and let him learn the sytem and develop for 1 year before taking over for Goodwin. I think we can get Goldson franchised/resigned,Soap or RJF resigned,Gooden,Brock,McBath,and our draft picks almost all by done by releasing Alex Smith,Haralson and Akers.

That's very doable. We would need to extend Goodwin 2 more years and lower his salary and save some room. He is a good Center. And let Kilgore play behind him more.

I would want this to happen.

We could easily have 28M to spend with Alex, Haralson and Akers cuts, Whitner and Justin Smith extensions, and Goodwin extension

Extend to get more cap room J.Smith and Whitner.
Goldson retained(Extension or Tagged)
RJF or Sopoaga Re-Signed
Walker extended
Brock and McBath on 1 yr 630k deals
Gooden on 2 yr deal
Draft depth on DL
3rd OLB Drafted
Backup OT Drafted

And if anything left over extend Iupati. Maybe Mario gets extension too, lower salary, get Brown done too. So all we worry about are A.,Davis, Crabs, KAep, Aldon, Cully, Hunter, and Miller I believe.
Share 49ersWebzone