There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else not happy with Sundays offensive performance?

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
What if Alex didn't get five TOs from the defense in January?

Oh no, you had to go there. This thread will become like the rest. Thanks buddy.

Lol because it hadn't already? Give me a break. People are knocking CK because our D played well which is silly. Our key to success will always be our defense no matter who is at QB.

By people you mean me. I'm not knocking the guy. I've said in every single post pretty much he played legit, but he did make some costly mistakes that could have cost us the game. Can you admit to that? If not, then I guess we will all agree to disagree and I will move on.

I don't want this to turn into a hate Kaep. thread, but this is a thread about "not being happy about the offense" and I have brought my reasons as to why I feel the way I do. Receivers not getting the ball(VD, Crabs, Moss), delay of games, and some poorly thrown balls. Not to mention as NC stated the play calling and penalties didn't help either.

I wasn't calling you out specifically. I will admit that the interception was a bad mistake. That showed his inexperience. The ball was snapped to the ground and he panicked a bit. As it was his second start I can live with it. That's something he will learn from.

As to your second point about receivers not getting the ball I have to disagree. I thought the ball was spread around pretty well. Frank and Bruce miller were involved. Delanie had a big game as well, so did mario, Crabtree should have had more yards but he had a costly drop and also was erroneously called down (that would have been at least 20+ yards as there was a lot of daylight in front of him). Yea Vernon disappeared but Vernon is known to disappear completely sometimes and he had a drop that he should always catch. CK is averaging 50 more passing yards than Alex is per game.
A win against the Saints at their home when they won like 5 in a row is good enough for me.
The saints hardly EVER lose at home so yea, a win is a win.
Beat a playoff team in their house!

Not bad for a 2nd year QB.
Roman made some dumbass calls in the redzone.

And Akers starting to piss me off, alot.

Other than that, our o-line played OUTSTANDING, our running game was effective, and our QB play was good enough. Overall, I'm going to give it a B+ due to kaep's first start on the road.
The offense shot themselves in the foot (penalties, dropped passes) but moved the ball well. Those things happen though in the Superdome.It a tough place to play, especially with a Qb making his first road start. The offense has looked really explosive the past 2 games.
Anyone else not happy with this post? I mean..there is some form of reasoning..yet it leaves you lacking. I didn't say it was completely illogical..so you can't really pin me down on anything I've said. I have my reasoning for feeling this post is not perfect.
running game disappeared. Other than that, all was good. Especially the vertical passing attack.
Uh...BL is we won 31-21. Who cares if the defense scored 2 TD's...they did that a lot more last year and the fans loved it. The numbers and score could've been higher, if not for some drops and holding penalties. But, the Saints were pressing hard to get to CK...only his escapability really frustrated them. A couple of the holding calls were ticky-tacky, but by the same token our DB's played their receivers pretty physical and the refs let 'em play. It was good to see Walker get more involved as a receiver. Gore turned it on in 2nd half when they "got dirty" especially on the almost 9 1/2 min drive in 4th qtr. CK made some dynamic throws again...it was a very good team win in a very tough arena on the road. I'm happy with it, you should be too.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Uh...BL is we won 31-21. Who cares if the defense scored 2 TD's...they did that a lot more last year and the fans loved it. The numbers and score could've been higher, if not for some drops and holding penalties. But, the Saints were pressing hard to get to CK...only his escapability really frustrated them. A couple of the holding calls were ticky-tacky, but by the same token our DB's played their receivers pretty physical and the refs let 'em play. It was good to see Walker get more involved as a receiver. Gore turned it on in 2nd half when they "got dirty" especially on the almost 9 1/2 min drive in 4th qtr. CK made some dynamic throws again...it was a very good team win in a very tough arena on the road. I'm happy with it, you should be too.

Double standards around here amaze me. Of course people would care if the defense scored 2 TDs and the offense less than what was needed to win otherwise if Alex Smith was at QB.
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
Granted hostile enviroment and all, but the offense onpy put up 17 against the 32nd ranked defense, that wont get it done. If it wasnt for the defense we would and should of lost this game.

Boy, I'm glad somebody else brought it up. I was afraid I was going to get stoned to death if I bring it up.

Yup, 17 Offensive points vs what 36 points the last time we met NO.
And this year we have better WRs now and better OLine against the 32nd ranked defense.

NO had a better defense last year too.

Also our defense unlike the championship game actually showed up. They were only OK last January. Lets not forget they allowed 32 points.

Special teams are not helphing too.

So we have better defense, better WR, better OLine yet only 17 offensive points?
Even if Akers made both kicks it seemed like we should have scored more.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
running game disappeared. Other than that, all was good. Especially the vertical passing attack.

It disappeared because we were passing more than running.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

It disappeared because we were passing more than running.

we always lose when that happens.
144 rushing yards is disappeared? 31 rushing plays @ 4.6 ypc
144 rushing yards is disappeared? 31 rushing plays @ 4.6 ypc

just seemed that every time we ran, it was a 3 yard gain, max. Until the very end.