LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Anyone else not happy with Sundays offensive performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does anyone know how much time our offense was not on the field due to Ginns fumble and the two less possessions from the pick sixes? Those make a big difference and gave our offense 3 less series than they should have had.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by keeferr75:
Best thing about the offense was seeing the qb hitting receivers for the most part "IN STRIDE".

and not getting sacked anytime a defender was within a foot of him.
The tables have turned. These are the same criticisms that were made against Smith. What people fail to understand is that given our talent and depth, we will not win games solely at the hand of our signal caller, so, you have to look at the magic, intangibles, skills, motivation Kaep brings to the team overall compared to Smith. Hands down, Kaep is our guy whether we have a Smith-like game or not.
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Nov 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM ]
Kaep sucks i mean he has only thrown for 230+ yards in both starts something Smith did in only 2 of his 9 starts.
  • 2 missed field goals
  • muffed punt
  • many dropped passes
  • ticky tack penalties negating huge plays
  • Crabtree being called down when he wasnt and negated a big play
  • two score lead for a big portion of the 2nd half

But keep focusing on the boxscore and not the actual game.
I'm safely assuming the OP was not focusing on the QB's which, in this offense, it truly just an extension of the offense and game plan. It's not THE offense like it is in New Orleans...you know that "elite" QB who threw high, got his WR killed, threw 2 stupid pick-6's, threw up bombs hoping he'd get penalties called, cost his team the W, etc. Yeah "elite."

Nobody is talking about the "outcome" or the "conditions" the offense was facing.

The focus here should be on the game plan coming in, adjustments made within and at half time. What was good, what was bad? Are you happy with the offense as a whole? Who was involved, omitted, good, bad, etc.

To me this post has turned into another Alex vs. CK. Why? Same game plan, same result. Shouldn't THAT tell you all something? That perhaps it's more about the offensive philosophy and game plan more than the individual skill sets both QB's bring (which are both good, just different)?
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
  • 2 missed field goals
  • muffed punt
  • many dropped passes

Not to mention roman going stupid in the Redzone... Again
Didn't the offense have something like the 4th longest drive in terms of elapsed time this season?
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
Didn't the offense have something like the 4th longest drive in terms of elapsed time this season?

Yep.....giving the defense nearly half an hour to rest.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by zoomcrypt:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
So i guess those 2 TD's by Kaep didn't matter then

Of course they did. But, what if we would have went into the half 14-7, or even 21-7 due to an errant turnover? What about the nearly interception to Moss on the goalline? I mean I give the guy credit for his play, I even said he played well. But he also made some bad mistakes that in my opinion could have cost us the game if not for Ahmad Brooks completely flipping the momentum.

I'm not hating on the guy, but I feel I have valid points. Did he play great? I say no. He still understandably is making rookie mistakes. Did he play horrible? Not by any stretch. He played a legit game, he played well, but I read how many say he played amazing and to me he didn't.

agreed....his play was nothing spcial. alex would have had just as good a game or better probably.

you have a problem with dissenting analysis from your own? what i saw is a team that had a strong offensive game against a TERRIBLE defense. It was by far not a GREAT offensive game like the previous week against the bears or alex's last full game where he had a near perfect game.

look at the stats. the saints have given up an AVG of 298.3 passing yds/game this year! we didn't even come even close to that. I'm sure you'll make a bunch of alexcuses for that though right? They are also one of the worst defense at giving up 27.6pts/g. again without the defense scoring two TD's we would probably have been around the same or less. There's no alexcuses about the niners not wanting to run up the score either as the game was competitive throughout. Kap also had two absolutely terrible passes. the pick, and the should have been pick in the endzone.

I see the potential and am excited about kap also. If i were harbaugh I'd probably make the switch too due to the potential to stretch the field more and open up even more space for the running game. But the questions in this thread is was anyone unhappy with the offensive performance. I agree and I think the offense had a strong game but it wasn't impressive at all. Kap showed some impressive moments, but our offensive has had better days this year, including the previous game against the bears.

I know we are all waiting and dieing for the next joe montana to arrive, and we've all been dreaming about this so hard that when something like this happens that opens that sliver of hope, everyone get's all excited.....but that doesn't mean we have to blindly be proclaiming everything that kap does as amazing haha.

anyways tomorrow will be an interesting day with harbaugh's proclamation!
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
  • 2 missed field goals
  • muffed punt
  • many dropped passes

Would all of these factors be considered had Smith started? Would the "W" be enough, or would there be nitpicking?
What if Iupiati doesn't hold and Gore's rushing TD stands? 49ers win 38-21 and the offense scores 24 points. Hmm.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm safely assuming the OP was not focusing on the QB's which, in this offense, it truly just an extension of the offense and game plan. It's not THE offense like it is in New Orleans...you know that "elite" QB who threw high, got his WR killed, threw 2 stupid pick-6's, threw up bombs hoping he'd get penalties called, cost his team the W, etc. Yeah "elite."

Nobody is talking about the "outcome" or the "conditions" the offense was facing.

The focus here should be on the game plan coming in, adjustments made within and at half time. What was good, what was bad? Are you happy with the offense as a whole? Who was involved, omitted, good, bad, etc.

To me this post has turned into another Alex vs. CK. Why? Same game plan, same result. Shouldn't THAT tell you all something? That perhaps it's more about the offensive philosophy and game plan more than the individual skill sets both QB's bring (which are both good, just different)?

completely agreed. my biggest take away from the bears game was actually how amazing harbaugh and roman are that they are really good at identifying good QB's and at creating a system that can be highly successful for different QB's.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
  • 2 missed field goals
  • muffed punt
  • many dropped passes

Would all of these factors be considered had Smith started? Would the "W" be enough, or would there be nitpicking?

if roman went stupid in the redzone when smith was in, it'd just be an alexcuse and alex wold be blamed for not givingn roman the confidence to call a pass play ;)
Share 49ersWebzone