LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

Anyone else not happy with Sundays offensive performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
144 rushing yards is disappeared? 31 rushing plays @ 4.6 ypc

yah, I'm shaking my head about this whole thread, dude. It should have been titled "what if Joe Montana QB'd this game, would he have had 5 or 6 TD's?"
  • dugo
  • Veteran
The way I see it, up into last year there was ten years of playoff drought here ,some of the worst 49er football played up here in years , coaches that left us all with WTF moments that still leave a bad taste in a lot of fans mouths..During those times I didn't care how we won a,, win was a win and I was just glad we got the W.
Was I personally happy with Sundays offense performance ..hell ya!!!..With the defense performance.. hell ya...special teams ehhh not so much,,but its a team sport and the 9ers put it all together as a team and came out with the win..Coming from watching those hard years ,I appreciate every win we get no matter how we got there...
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
So i guess those 2 TD's by Kaep didn't matter then

Of course they did. But, what if we would have went into the half 14-7, or even 21-7 due to an errant turnover? What about the nearly interception to Moss on the goalline? I mean I give the guy credit for his play, I even said he played well. But he also made some bad mistakes that in my opinion could have cost us the game if not for Ahmad Brooks completely flipping the momentum.

I'm not hating on the guy, but I feel I have valid points. Did he play great? I say no. He still understandably is making rookie mistakes. Did he play horrible? Not by any stretch. He played a legit game, he played well, but I read how many say he played amazing and to me he didn't.

agreed....his play was nothing spcial. alex would have had just as good a game or better probably.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
running game disappeared. Other than that, all was good. Especially the vertical passing attack.

It disappeared because we were passing more than running.

i noticed this too...agree we should have been running and pounding the ball more.
Originally posted by zoomcrypt:

Of course they did. But, what if we would have went into the half 14-7, or even 21-7 due to an errant turnover? What about the nearly interception to Moss on the goalline? I mean I give the guy credit for his play, I even said he played well. But he also made some bad mistakes that in my opinion could have cost us the game if not for Ahmad Brooks completely flipping the momentum.

I'm not hating on the guy, but I feel I have valid points. Did he play great? I say no. He still understandably is making rookie mistakes. Did he play horrible? Not by any stretch. He played a legit game, he played well, but I read how many say he played amazing and to me he didn't.

agreed....his play was nothing spcial. alex would have had just as good a game or better probably.

1. Short week to prepare
2. Dome game with loudest stadium
3. 2nd year QB
4. Playing one of the hottest offenses in football

How can you possibly compain about the win. My main complaint in with Ted Ginn. He has really taken a step back this year and I want to see what LaMichael James or Parrish Cox can do back there.
Not happy ONLY because of all the penalties. Looking at the situation 2nd start,environment, ect.. Very happy cause the offense is going places and expanding. Not there yet but going..
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Beat a playoff team in their house!

Not bad for a 2nd year QB.

What are you talking about... Saints may not even make wildcard. Falcons own the division, Cowgirls and redskins might even keep the saints out all togather.Than you have to talk Bears and Packers and even Lions
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Nov 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
lol at this what if stuff every week

The offense gained 6.7 yards per play the best nfl avg this year is the Redskins at 6.2

The defense held NO to just 4.3 yards per play the worst nfl avg this year is Jax at 4.8

sure you can say what if to certain plays but it's a 4 quarter game

what if the refs didn't call crabs down and he scored an 80 yard td?
what if the refs didn't call holding on a 30+ yard pass play?
what if Kaep didn't throw a pic and drove for a score?
what if Ginn doesn't muff the punt and they drive for a score?

lol

the low points were too many penalties and the special teams mistakes

Offensive grade, B
Defensive grade, A
Special teams grade, F

dominating two phases of the game = WIN

Young QB getting his second ever start in an extremely hostile environment and came out with a W. Can't ask for much more for that game.

Kaep made a few mistakes, like the throw to moss, INT and delay of game. But I was impressed with his ability to buy time in the pocket with his legs while keeping his eyes down the field and then have the arm strength to fit the ball in some tight windows.

We also left some opportunities out on the field with dropped passes and plays being called back due to penalties.

It wasn't a lights out performance but we got the job done and I am very excited about what this offense can be capable of once we get everything dialed in.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

lol quick to forget about the playoffs against the saints when they had payton and greg running the show, and Alex didn't win man i forgot he threw those passes to VD.

double that
Best thing about the offense was seeing the qb hitting receivers for the most part "IN STRIDE".
We played horribley. 32nd ranked defense should equal one million points at the very minimum. Time to put Alex Smith back in.
Share 49ersWebzone