LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Anyone else not happy with Sundays offensive performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
What if Alex didn't get five TOs from the defense in January?

Oh no, you had to go there. This thread will become like the rest. Thanks buddy.

Lol because it hadn't already? Give me a break. People are knocking CK because our D played well which is silly. Our key to success will always be our defense no matter who is at QB.

By people you mean me. I'm not knocking the guy. I've said in every single post pretty much he played legit, but he did make some costly mistakes that could have cost us the game. Can you admit to that? If not, then I guess we will all agree to disagree and I will move on.

I don't want this to turn into a hate Kaep. thread, but this is a thread about "not being happy about the offense" and I have brought my reasons as to why I feel the way I do. Receivers not getting the ball(VD, Crabs, Moss), delay of games, and some poorly thrown balls. Not to mention as NC stated the play calling and penalties didn't help either.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i was not pleased with the drops, i was not pleased with penalties but I was very happy overall considering you had a guy who had never played in a place like that. i was very pleased with the wide outs when they did catch the ball,. i was very pleased with that long drive at the end which was exactly what we needed. i think it also rested the defense and it showed during the saints last two "drives". I was very pleased with how we used the run game in the second half . I was very very happy with the way ck avoided sacks and showed some mobility that we have not seen since garcia.
The only drives that were stopped were either the result of conservative play calling (2 runs for minimal gain, setting up a 3rd and long), one interception, dropped 20 yard pass to VD, 2 missed field goals (negating 6 earned points), and 3 holding penalties calling back a few of our biggest offensive plays including a 40 yard passing play, arguably Kaeps best play of the day. Due to the dynamic of the game we settled for less points to eliminate any risk of allowing the Saints back in the game.

Besides the one interception which came off of a poor snap and great disguised look by the Saints, the Saints defense didn't stop Kaepernick. We were just conservative playing with the lead and a second year qb. If the defense didn't have those turnovers for td's we would have continued our initial offensive plan which was successful and we would have had more possessions to score (since by scoring the def td's we gave the Saints back to back possessions and made us that much more conservative with the offense).
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:43 AM ]
We put together key drives when it counted. Most of us had circled it a loss when the schedule came out.

I am perfectly happy with the way we played, and the 10 minute drive we put together in the second half was exactly what we needed to put the game away. Mind you, if Akers had made his FGs the offense would have put up 20-23 pts, and with a "rookie" QB thats all I can ask for playing in the Superdome.
This thread is beginning to look all too familiar. Which is funny because all the same valid reasons are being brought up, have been said before. Just the names are switched. Can we all see what's happening here? I for one want the 9ers to win. Sure I was afraid of what Kaep might have done when he started (with no experience and possible turnovers), I just didn't want us to lose any ground on any of the teams in our conference and stay on top of our division. Now that we know both QBs are capable is there really a reason to question Harbaugh now? The thing that bugged me was some of our fans continue to kick Alex while he's down, teach their kids to root for the other guy, and laugh at Alex any chance they get. All this while he has led us to 2 winning seasons. Shame on you for doing such things.

I like our situation now that we've seen a couple of games without Alex. The oline is showing their improvement in pass blocking and the defense got a wake up call against the Rams. We are all 49er fans and have one thing in mind, WIN THE SUPER BOWL. So to kick someone that has gotten us half way there this season is just uncalled for and a disrespect to all 49er fans. Go 9ers!
[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:42 AM ]
LyI am happy with it!

Look at it this way. We may have only put up 17, (should have been 20, with one blocked fg) but they only put up 14 (legitimatley) we honestly gave them 3- 7 wirh Gins fumble. So rhey gave us two TDs and we gave them 1 and we missed an fg on a great offensive drive.

Second. We were runnin clock pretty much the last bit of third quarter and all of 4th. I saw it as conservative, yes...dissapointing? No!

Go 9ers!
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
Granted hostile enviroment and all, but the offense onpy put up 17 against the 32nd ranked defense, that wont get it done. If it wasnt for the defense we would and should of lost this game.

If Harb decide to start AS vs Rams, this might be part of the reason... Just saying.
[ Edited by HOF49er on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:48 AM ]
  • Jiks
Yeah Ill bit my pride and digress. I know how petty it is to sit and pick a game apart, and I'm doing it myself. I will say I think I have valid points, but I don't want to become one of those guys. I think Kaep. is going to be great, I really do. But I really feel it's not going to just happen over night and that the adjustment period for not only Kaep. but the entire team just may end up biting us in the ass. He's played very well, but at the same time he did make some mistakes, and it only being game 2 of his career, what if he continues to make those? That is why I was bringing up the poorly thrown balls. To me, we can't have that in the playoffs against a Giants team, or a Falcons team(who lives off turnovers) or any playoff team of that matter.

Maybe I feel and have seen Alex two fumbles away from the Super Bowl, and when I see errant throws, and a guy making beginner mistakes(understandable), I start to get worried that maybe right now is not the time. As I was saying I'm not hating on Kaep. but it may be viewed that way undstandebly(sp). Again with Alex i know we have a chance to win it all. With Kaep. it is still such an unknown. He's played extremely well at times, but also has looked completely lost and confused. Again how long of an adjustment period is this going to take? We only have 5 games left.
what the..

did you want brooks and whitner to kneel down when they caught those INTS? so kaep could try and score some points on offense?

we gave the saints FOUR extra drives against us, 2 after the defensive TD's, one from the kaep INT, and one from the ginn fumble on the punt. I'd say we did pretty damn good.

when your defense starts scoring points, of course your offense wont put up as many stats because we have to kick it off again.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we really really really do have to stop making drive killing penalties on offense and drive extending penalties on defense,, you guys have to agree on this. i do not believe in the "refs are picking on us" in the grassy knoll theory

Some people don't deserve to be 49ers fans. Honestly, if any one isn't happy with our success, go root for the Jets or the Cards. Honestly, why is there constantly pooping post in this forum. For the love of God and 49ers, we should be celebrating every god damn time we win. Be thankful we have a winning team and an amazing coach.
[ Edited by sacleads on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:56 AM ]
the main problem was penalties---holding etc-- a lot of big plays were called back. The OL more than anything. It was a solid win!
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Yeah Ill bit my pride and digress. I know how petty it is to sit and pick a game apart, and I'm doing it myself. I will say I think I have valid points, but I don't want to become one of those guys. I think Kaep. is going to be great, I really do. But I really feel it's not going to just happen over night and that the adjustment period for not only Kaep. but the entire team just may end up biting us in the ass. He's played very well, but at the same time he did make some mistakes, and it only being game 2 of his career, what if he continues to make those? That is why I was bringing up the poorly thrown balls. To me, we can't have that in the playoffs against a Giants team, or a Falcons team(who lives off turnovers) or any playoff team of that matter.

Maybe I feel and have seen Alex two fumbles away from the Super Bowl, and when I see errant throws, and a guy making beginner mistakes(understandable), I start to get worried that maybe right now is not the time. As I was saying I'm not hating on Kaep. but it may be viewed that way undstandebly(sp). Again with Alex i know we have a chance to win it all. With Kaep. it is still such an unknown. He's played extremely well at times, but also has looked completely lost and confused. Again how long of an adjustment period is this going to take? We only have 5 games left.
Agree totally.

Almost every QB who starts out well in the league regresses at some point, often in the second year. Most recently I'm thinking about Cam Newton, who plays a lot like CK albeit on a bad team. CK has a lot to learn but has a good coach to learn from. I am happy to let Harbaugh determine who plays when.
Few things I don't like, throwing it on a bad snap, better to take a lose of downs and just jump on the ball, way to late to read the defense so just either take off or jump and get touched. I dislike the one handed holding on to the ball..... Can you please just stop that a fumble just waiting to happen. If you decide to run 2 hands, even if your going to pass it keep your second hand on the ball for security reasons.... Also clock and protection changes, needs to watch this and make them sooner, few to many issues with being late to the line, and than trying to adjust the protections. And Defense SICK AS ALWAYS minus a few mistakes with PA calls and just getting beat.
I was happy with the offense. We put up 345 yds which is not bad even with their D being horrible. The way I look at it was we had some bad breaks. A miss and blocked FG. I remember two drops that were beyond the first down, so that stalled drives. The holding penatly on Crabs 37 yd catch that put us in the red zone, i think was a somewhat bad call. not to mention Crabs was called down when he was not and he could have gained several more yards to extend the drive. Overall not a bad day
Share 49ersWebzone