LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Anyone else not happy with Sundays offensive performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
So i guess those 2 TD's by Kaep didn't matter then

Of course they did. But, what if we would have went into the half 14-7, or even 21-7 due to an errant turnover? What about the nearly interception to Moss on the goalline? I mean I give the guy credit for his play, I even said he played well. But he also made some bad mistakes that in my opinion could have cost us the game if not for Ahmad Brooks completely flipping the momentum.

I'm not hating on the guy, but I feel I have valid points. Did he play great? I say no. He still understandably is making rookie mistakes. Did he play horrible? Not by any stretch. He played a legit game, he played well, but I read how many say he played amazing and to me he didn't.
idiots!!!! this prolific saints offense got to good scoring drives does anyone not remember the vd drop over the middle? do you ppl who "watched" the game remember the penalty killing drives!!! kap absolutely played lights out and coulda put up more than 17 points i mean we had a missed fg and a blocked fg instead of reading the box scores and coming up with your own conclusions watch a game
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
So i guess those 2 TD's by Kaep didn't matter then

Of course they did. But, what if we would have went into the half 14-7, or even 21-7 due to an errant turnover? What about the nearly interception to Moss on the goalline? I mean I give the guy credit for his play, I even said he played well. But he also made some bad mistakes that in my opinion could have cost us the game if not for Ahmad Brooks completely flipping the momentum.

I'm not hating on the guy, but I feel I have valid points. Did he play great? I say no. He still understandably is making rookie mistakes. Did he play horrible? Not by any stretch. He played a legit game, he played well, but I read how many say he played amazing and to me he didn't.

You're seriously playing the "what if" game???
Originally posted by NYS49er:
idiots!!!! this prolific saints offense got to good scoring drives does anyone not remember the vd drop over the middle? do you ppl who "watched" the game remember the penalty killing drives!!! kap absolutely played lights out and coulda put up more than 17 points i mean we had a missed fg and a blocked fg instead of reading the box scores and coming up with your own conclusions watch a game

No, we never watch the games. It would spoil our preconceptions and ruin the zone.

Oh, by the way, don't post like that again.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Got to be an Alex supporter. Maybe you don't understand that the two pick sixes take away possessions from an offense? I am not going to research any play by play logs but assuming each side gets 8-10 possessions in the average game, our offense got the ball 20-25% less than in a normal game. In spite of this it still put up 375 yards. So it would be like having 17 points in 3 quarters, that is right at our average. Also we were ahead most of the second half which leads to more conservative offense and less risk taking. I think this is the first time in internet history someone complained about the offense after a 10 point win on the road against a good team where the OP's team was only a slight favorite.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
You're seriously playing the "what if" game???

Not really am I lying about turnovers when we are down 7 already? Is that a what if? 7 points in the first half? Can I ask something without getting jumped. Would you be satisfied with Alex if he only had 7 points at the half? I don't feel I'm being too over the top here. Again I'm not saying Kaep. played bad, but I think I am looking at this objectively.

True or false-Those were really poor plays? The interception, and the near interception? Am I wrong on that? What about the delay's of games? I can't be critical of that? Yeah, we had some excellent drives, but that shouldn't overlook certain mistakes that "could" be rather crucial later on down the road. That is a what if, but is this not a proper concern? You're not going to get away with these plays, playing playoff caliber teams. No matter whom the QB is.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by BobS:
Got to be an Alex supporter. Maybe you don't understand that the two pick sixes take away possessions from an offense? I am not going to research any play by play logs but assuming each side gets 8-10 possessions in the average game, our offense got the ball 20-25% less than in a normal game. In spite of this it still put up 375 yards. So it would be like having 17 points in 3 quarters, that is right at our average. Also we were ahead most of the second half which leads to more conservative offense and less risk taking. I think this is the first time in internet history someone complained about the offense after a 10 point win on the road against a good team where the OP's team was only a slight favorite.
I understand clearly, but...
The first pick six was at :33 left in the half... Our offense wouldn't have gotten the ball back right? And to counter even further, who gave them the ball on a bad pass and interception?
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM ]
lmfao
  • GORO
  • Veteran
If you want an aggressive passing game then watch Packer, Saints, Bronco games the 49ers under Harbaugh are a methodical offense. Greg Cossell has said numerous times chose when they take thier shots. We would have probably lost if Ahmad Brooks didnot get that interception. But after the first drive of the thrid Quarter, the 49ers had the lead and played their brand of protect the lead type football.

If you are questioning it because of the comparison of the two Qbs then here is a stat to look at;

Kaepernick is 11 for18 on throws outside the pocket with three touchdowns and no interceptions. Alex is 9 for 19 on such throws with one touchdown and one interception. Kaepernick converted 9 firstdowns of the 18 while Alex only converted 4 of the 19 passes. This is for the season and clearly show Kaep to be better outside the pocket, also show he converts third downs into first downs. Also he was not saced once in this game.
Too many of you guys play the Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda crap game.

If you're going to say "If we didn't get the 2 TD scores by the D we would have lost."

If you are going to spout that NONSENSE then man-up and play it all out.

Then with that crap logic, what if Ginn didn't fumble so close to their end zone? They don't get that TD!

What if ADavis didn't commit the penalty and Gore's TD stands?

It's never ending.

Reality check. Could we have played better on Offense? Absolutely!

Did we beat a very tough team who is incredibly good in their own house? Yes we did.

Did we deserve to win? Yes, our team offense & defense beat their offense and defense.

End of discussion.

• rum53
  • Veteran
I agree that the offense did not play well. The offense did not play well in spite of good QB play from Kaepernick. We had numerous untimely penalties and drops that negated big plays. Throw in the fact that we had three less possessions due to the two INTs and the punt muff and two missed field goals, it is easy to see why we did not produce big stats. However, we were able to beat a hot team with an elite QB on the road in a hostile environment while playing poorly. Good teams win ugly games like this.

One thing to note, you can't evaluate the Saints defense on stats alone. They had a terrible start to the year coming off bountygate with their HC, interim HC, and several defensive players suspended. Also, they have a brand new defensive coordinator and were trying to install a new defense throughout all of this turmoil. The Saints have actually made dramatic improvements in recent games during their 5 of 6 win streak. In the three games before they played the niners, their rush defense allowed 53,81, and 32 yards/game rushing. It appears their defense hit rock bottom and is now improving.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Why do people keep harping on this? Excuse me, why do the 30% keep harping on this? 95% of the time if you throw a ball to a receiver like Moss in tight quarters it is going to be caught or incomplete. True it was a poorly thrown ball but not that bad of a decision, since the intended target was a big, strong, athletic receiver like Moss. Different story if you make that same throw to a Kevin Williams or a Ted Ginn.
Absolutely. I just posted it in Roman's thread: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168153-official-greg-mad-scientist-roman-express/page13/
  • Jiks
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Too many of you guys play the Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda crap game.

If you're going to say "If we didn't get the 2 TD scores by the D we would have lost."

If you are going to spout that NONSENSE then man-up and play it all out.

Then with that crap logic, what if Ginn didn't fumble so close to their end zone? They don't get that TD!

What if ADavis didn't commit the penalty and Gore's TD stands?

It's never ending.

Reality check. Could we have played better on Offense? Absolutely!

Did we beat a very tough team who is incredibly good in their own house? Yes we did.

Did we deserve to win? Yes, our team offense & defense beat their offense and defense.

End of discussion.

You jumped me and proved my point at the same time. Many are saying he played phenominal while like you said, he could have played better. That's all I'm saying... When did I say he played bad? All I was saying is he made some bad plays and should be held accountable as any QB should. Is that wrong? Honest question.

Again you agreed to my point...
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
Granted hostile enviroment and all, but the offense onpy put up 17 against the 32nd ranked defense, that wont get it done. If it wasnt for the defense we would and should of lost this game.

Its all about circumstances, if the defense didnt give us those 14 points then im sure we wouldve scored more. But because they did then we knew our defense was playing well so no need. Not only that we should of had two more field goals and the last touchdown by frank if it wasnt for that penalty. So no not worried. Penalties were my only problem.
Share 49ersWebzone