Cassel
Ponder
Bradford
Sanchez
Fitzy
kolb/skelton
whoever Tennessee is starting
The eagles could use a QB

There is no way the teams that the bolded are on would agree with you.

Of course there is a way. Rivers and Romo are very much overrated. I think you are going off of what they did four or five years ago.

I dont think he's better than Ponder or Sanchez as well as the one in bold.

Sanchez???? Have you seen him play this year. Need I remind you of the ass fumble?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/22/mark-sanchez-fumble-butt-jets-patriots-gif_n_2176493.html

HAHA THAT STILL GETS ME TO LAUGH!!
Eagles got a second and a future 3rd for an old mcnabb. I like to hope we can get something comparable
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
Alex Smith is better than

Romo
Rivers
Weeden
Palmer
Cassel
Ponder
Bradford
Sanchez
Fitzy
kolb/skelton
whoever Tennessee is starting
The eagles could use a QB

How can you forget the Chiefs?

Forgetting the Chiefs is insane. Good thing he didnt forget the Cheifs. SMH.
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
I dont think he's better than Ponder or Sanchez as well as the one in bold.

Seriously? Sanchez still has never completed sixty percent of his passes and he's played in a conservative offense his entire career as a Jet.
I'd be super stoked to get a 2nd
Originally posted by 20halfbackcurlXup:
to the chargers if norv is still there or whereever he ends up

Putting my dough on Norv getting a long overdue sacking. And Smith being here.
I think he does...'Zona would arguably pony up a decent pick to get him. Ditto KC and a number of other QB-challenged teams. Maybe he'd go wherever Norv Turner ends up as an OC.
Originally posted by English:

I think noRv gets sacked but I don't see rivers going anywhere
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

i just can not see alex all of a sudden taking a back seat,, if he does lose his job to ck.. i know there is loyality but i would just think alex would be or should be very upset and want a change of pace?

Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by dj43:
1. Baalke will pay him at least what he is getting now to keep him as a back up until CK has thoroughly proven he is reliable against multiple opponents. Note: Bears. Steelers. Others.

2. Right now 20+ plus teams would pay Smith starting money to play for them, hence they are likely to give up a 2nd round pick to get him if he is signed.

I don't see Smith leaving except by trade.

really?

Didn't you know that 20+ teams were offering him contracts when we were trying to get Peyton Manning?

Oh wait..
There is a couple teams out there that are going to need a QB after the season if we trade him we could probably get a 3rd maybe a 2nd if a team is desperate...Dallas, Jets, and Kansas City to name a few...
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
Tebow, Kolb, Palmer, and Flynn all had trade value and Alex is better than all of them. But teams might just wait for us to cut him and then try and sign him
There's a maximum of 4-5 teams that would have interest in Alex. You can make the argument that Smith is better than Palmer all you want, but that's not going to change how the cap works. When a starting qb makes big dollars they're not going to invest in a 8 million dollar backup. We're not going to do it with a 1 million dollar qb.

Alex has very little trade value to him. You cut him and let him go. Maybe you could get a 3rd rounder for him but it really isn't worth the hassle. Kaepernick on the other hand has value out the wazoo. High ceiling, cheap contract.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 27, 2012 at 10:47 AM ]
People are also failing to realize that these so called teams that need a QB (which is really like 5 teams MAX), could use the draft as a way to get a QB.
Share 49ersWebzone