There are 192 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Any update on Walker, Hunter, and Williams??

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Commish should've up held Vilma's suspension!!

If you look at the Replay Vilma actually held Hunter's Foot and twisted it as he was going down. I think a Chop Block is in order, I'll take the 15 yards and end his career.Really Dirty scumbag.
stop,, he just rolled his ankle, stop, s**t happens,, lifes a b***h and then you die. next man up but yes make no mistake the hunter thing worries me far more than kyle. at least we have two guys ready and a possible , possible jewell in james
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
MM wrote the 49ers might activate Jewel Hampton....why? Gore, Jacobs, Dixon, James....that's the 4 you want, no?

prolly cuz LMJ sucks.

Give him some serious reps early in the game. Pressure is less than it would be at the end of a close one. Lets see what LMJ has.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Hunter gonna miss ya bud.

seriously no more f'n around....in serious games, we now have to make sure every play call is going to have to be positive yards....no BS plays...no tosses to Gore, no gimmick s**t. Alex, if he is starting, CAN'T JUST TAKE SACKS ANYMORE...he is going to have to throw the ball away or something...I know that might affect his precious completion percentage or what ever, but too bad.

Hunter used to make up for our little mistakes here and there....he could pick up those lost yardages when you didn't expect it with great vision and quickness.

gonna miss the little guy.
dixons moment to shine. lets hope he takes advantage like ck did

dixon sucks... id take james and jacobs over him any day, don't know why some ppl still think he good.

what makes you say that he "sucks"...do you have any recent examples? What is bad about him?

anyway to CC..yeah yeah it is his moment to shine...or more importantly step in and help the team when they desperately need him. We are going to need to keep Gore fresh for come playoff time. So Dixon and Jacobs are going to be needed. I personally think now with Hunter is out, as far as Dixon being 3rd on the Depth chart....he is going to be on a short leash if he is not executing plays.

Dixon is not going to make up for Hunter's threat on the team. I don't think he or even Gore sometimes, has Hunter's vision and quickness. But I do think Dixon is going to get us positive yards....4 here, 6 there, and some break out ones every now and then.

Also, like I said before Dixon's pass blocking ability and catching out of the backfield will help compared to Jacobs.

Also this could allow us to have Dixon and James in the backfield at the same time....we could call a surprise draw play with Dixon hitting the whole blocking someone for James....or a passing play where Dixon stays in to help block and James goes out for a pass.
I hope he can at least Block, did you witness the NFC Championship when he could not get 1 yard in 2 attempts. I am not digging this at all. Hope Jacobs or James can pick up the slack.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by boast:
Hunter possibly being out the rest of the season is a huuuuuuge f**king blow to our Super Bowl run. ouch.

This. I'm floored right now. He's a HUGE part of what we do. I can't believe this. Both dudes on one play. Brutal. Just brutal.

That's football though. Last season we lost most of our WRs. Good news...Harbaugh brought in 1 extra hb this season...Brandon finally gets his chance. It's times like these that other players have to come in and step up.

I think we'll be fine.

none of the back ups are on Hunter's level though. Kendall would start for more than a few teams in the league.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Source: Kendall Hunter suffered an Achilles tear, not an ankle injury. He is expected to be placed on injured reserve. #49ers

f**k
jesus,, goes from bad to worst,,, far be it for me to over react but is now the appropriate time to break out the cyanide kool aid?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I hope he can at least Block, did you witness the NFC Championship when he could not get 1 yard in 2 attempts. I am not digging this at all. Hope Jacobs or James can pick up the slack.
kyle fumbled to, so what. it was one game. now i have been more than critical of dixon as my friend afrikan points out but I am all for second and third chances. dixon is a pro and he should know this is his time.. its just tough, i was hoping hunter would be back in 3 weeks
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Commish should've up held Vilma's suspension!!

If you look at the Replay Vilma actually held Hunter's Foot and twisted it as he was going down. I think a Chop Block is in order, I'll take the 15 yards and end his career.Really Dirty scumbag.
stop,, he just rolled his ankle, stop, s**t happens,, lifes a b***h and then you die. next man up but yes make no mistake the hunter thing worries me far more than kyle. at least we have two guys ready and a possible , possible jewell in james

This was not just S**t happens when a player *tries* to twist an ankle, that is over the line... He took Hunter out for the season and we may not be able to compensate for the loss. He did not roll on the Ankle watch the replay he actually grabbed his foot and twisted it. .
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Hunter possibly being out the rest of the season is a huuuuuuge f**king blow to our Super Bowl run. ouch.

This. I'm floored right now. He's a HUGE part of what we do. I can't believe this. Both dudes on one play. Brutal. Just brutal.

That's football though. Last season we lost most of our WRs. Good news...Harbaugh brought in 1 extra hb this season...Brandon finally gets his chance. It's times like these that other players have to come in and step up.

I think we'll be fine.

none of the back ups are on Hunter's level though. Kendall would start for more than a few teams in the league.
of course this is the truth.. you can not pooh pooh this
Jewel Hampton has a lot of Frank Gore in him...small, thick, powerful, quicker than fast, good moves and low center of gravity.

I think we'll be fine.

Brandon might be close but a totally different player. You could plug Hunter in for Gore and be fine...Brandon is going to require a slightly different game plan even if the talent level is similiar.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Source: Kendall Hunter suffered an Achilles tear, not an ankle injury. He is expected to be placed on injured reserve. #49ers

f**k
jesus,, goes from bad to worst,,, far be it for me to over react but is now the appropriate time to break out the cyanide kool aid?
I think it would be a good idea for some webzoners to review LMJ's college highlights. The guy can play.

I think we'll be fine.

Completely agree. Kendall has every-down back ability. LMJ is not that kind of guy. This hurts us more than some think.

Having LMJ does help limit the damage though.
The gods are calling for the 49ers picks 1 and 2 to step up to the game and whoop some Rams ass.

Edit - Also, how well Baalke and Harbaugh did in 2011 draft I cannot believe that Jenkins and LMJ aren't ready. I mean in 2011 we had Aldon - Awesome, Kap - awesome, Hunter - Awesome, Miller - Awesome, Kilgore - pretty good. I think these guys are more ready than people think, Jim maybe saving them for the playoffs.
[ Edited by smithc28 on Nov 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM ]

I think we'll be fine.

This. More importantly, he was a perfect complement to Gore and his running style where Jacobs and Dixon provide a similar style to Gore, just a very, very watered down version of it.

Hunter's shifty elusiveness was a boon for this offense and when you split him in the backfield, you had to account for him. Now, we're a one-dimensional running team. More importantly, he was there to keep Gore fresh. Now it'll be more of the same with Gore getting hammered into the ground routinely.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Jewel Hampton has a lot of Frank Gore in him...small, thick, powerful, quicker than fast, good moves and low center of gravity.

How's his blocking? That's the big loss with Hunter...not only did he run almost as well as Gore, he blocked almost as well.