LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Any update on Walker, Hunter, and Williams??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With Hunter going down and us needing more special teams players... Could we possibly be thinking about bringing Cartwright back? I would definitely welcome it.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
With Hunter going down and us needing more special teams players... Could we possibly be thinking about bringing Cartwright back? I would definitely welcome it.

awesome videos man. thanks!
No problem duder. Working on the newest ones now.
Hunter is a really underrated back who seems to allows get nice gains even when it looks like he's stopped. Its hard for me to believe James can step in after not playing for so long and make an impact. I'm sure the coaching staff will put him in places to succeed though. This may force us to not rely so much on the running game given the lack of touches backs behind Gore and Hunter have had. That favors Kaep imo because he can run on his own and get us more explosive plays down field.
  • jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Bounties ?

They have become more advanced, it's the " witch queen of New Orleans voodoo"
Originally posted by sachie23:
Hunter is a really underrated back who seems to allows get nice gains even when it looks like he's stopped. Its hard for me to believe James can step in after not playing for so long and make an impact. I'm sure the coaching staff will put him in places to succeed though. This may force us to not rely so much on the running game given the lack of touches backs behind Gore and Hunter have had. That favors Kaep imo because he can run on his own and get us more explosive plays down field.

i hope LMJ can hold onto the ball, last night Bryce Brown had the best and worst game ..Debut appearance but man did he look great with rookie mistakes
This REALLY blows about both Hunter/Williams. They add way more than we realize in blocking down field, drawing coverage, etc. Plus Hunter has become an excellent blitz-pick-up guy. And we all know how great they are WHEN the ball is in their hands, esp. in the open field.

I guess it really IS time for Jenkins/James.
FML.....
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Hunter gonna miss ya bud.

seriously no more f'n around....in serious games, we now have to make sure every play call is going to have to be positive yards....no BS plays...no tosses to Gore, no gimmick s**t. Alex, if he is starting, CAN'T JUST TAKE SACKS ANYMORE...he is going to have to throw the ball away or something...I know that might affect his precious completion percentage or what ever, but too bad.

Hunter used to make up for our little mistakes here and there....he could pick up those lost yardages when you didn't expect it with great vision and quickness.

gonna miss the little guy.
dixons moment to shine. lets hope he takes advantage like ck did

dixon sucks... id take james and jacobs over him any day, don't know why some ppl still think he good.

what makes you say that he "sucks"...do you have any recent examples? What is bad about him?

anyway to CC..yeah yeah it is his moment to shine...or more importantly step in and help the team when they desperately need him. We are going to need to keep Gore fresh for come playoff time. So Dixon and Jacobs are going to be needed. I personally think now with Hunter is out, as far as Dixon being 3rd on the Depth chart....he is going to be on a short leash if he is not executing plays.

Dixon is not going to make up for Hunter's threat on the team. I don't think he or even Gore sometimes, has Hunter's vision and quickness. But I do think Dixon is going to get us positive yards....4 here, 6 there, and some break out ones every now and then.

Also, like I said before Dixon's pass blocking ability and catching out of the backfield will help compared to Jacobs.

Also this could allow us to have Dixon and James in the backfield at the same time....we could call a surprise draw play with Dixon hitting the whole blocking someone for James....or a passing play where Dixon stays in to help block and James goes out for a pass.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Man I just found out about Kunter out for the year that sucks big time.
Originally posted by susweel:
Man I just found out about Kunter out for the year that sucks big time.

Just saw that on the front page. That really sucks.
Commish should've up held Vilma's suspension!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
LMJ better step it up.
LaMichael James ‏@LaMichaelJames Why didn't you support me last week?
Share 49ersWebzone