LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

Any update on Walker, Hunter, and Williams??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Whomeam:
We'll be fine, Harbaugh has prepared for a situation like this. It's almostl ike he knew it was going to happen. Remember when everyone was surprised with us keeping Celek? Now Walker is hurt and he'll contribute.

I think we'll plug in AJ Jenkins to replace Williams and then we'll move form a two headed running attack to a three, using Gore, James and Jacobs with the occasional Dixon sighting. That'll change up the dynamic big time but it should still work out.

Jenkins was looking good near the end of preseason and he'll only get better with time.

And we kept an extra RB this season too.
damn this really sucks, kyle williams and kendall hunter lost for the year on the same f**king play, what are the chances of that?

good thing we have some depth
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Now that Hunter is out, and the 49ers get another running back, that player has to learn the scheme, pass block, understand the offense, take care of the football...it's a long process.
Maybe the 49ers get lucky with another RB...who knows.

Hunter will definetely be missed.
Akers is not playing well.
New QB at center (or not?)
One or two rookies potentially going to start in the middle of the season.
Lot of changes...hopefully for the best.
Time will tell.

Ginn also playing like s**t and hurting
If there's one thing that provides comfort, it's that this coaching staff has a proven track record with prepping rookies. Aldon, Hunter, Bruce Miller, Culliver all had incredible rookie campaigns. If they can convert a 7th round defensive end into a damn good rookie FB, I'm confident they can get this stable of RBs up to par for the rest of the season.

With two games against the Rams and Dolphins to prep them before the Pats showdown, I'm starting to feel a bit better about all of this.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
We'll be fine, Harbaugh has prepared for a situation like this. It's almostl ike he knew it was going to happen. Remember when everyone was surprised with us keeping Celek? Now Walker is hurt and he'll contribute.

I think we'll plug in AJ Jenkins to replace Williams and then we'll move form a two headed running attack to a three, using Gore, James and Jacobs with the occasional Dixon sighting. That'll change up the dynamic big time but it should still work out.

Jenkins was looking good near the end of preseason and he'll only get better with time.

Yup. As bad as it sounds we "luckily" got hit with the major injuries in the areas we have good depth in. We'll recover from this.
Fucccckk.

I hadn't checked the zone for a bit this morning and this is what I come to. f**k.

f**king Saints. I had a bad feeling about this game. Felt an injury or two would get us.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
damn this really sucks, kyle williams and kendall hunter lost for the year on the same f**king play, what are the chances of that?

good thing we have some depth

100% it would seem.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Yup. As bad as it sounds we "luckily" got hit with the major injuries in the areas we have good depth in. We'll recover from this.
i know we will but for some of us we are in shock cuz this hit us out of the blue

I have heard nothing on the Walker injury. I think he is ok.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

I have heard nothing on the Walker injury. I think he is ok.

Heard he had to be carted to the team bus so that has me worried a little. We'll see though. I only meant that if he has to take a game or two off, we'll be okay. Hope he doesn't need it though.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Jewel Hampton has a lot of Frank Gore in him...small, thick, powerful, quicker than fast, good moves and low center of gravity.

How's his blocking? That's the big loss with Hunter...not only did he run almost as well as Gore, he blocked almost as well.

Not sure....probably a huge drop-off from Hunter in the blocking department, but that's to be expected.

Glad you brought him up. The Niners kept this kid around for a reason. Who knows, maybe he will be the dark horse candidate to take Hunter's spot.
I'm all for activating James & Jenkins. Wanna see what they can do for us.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It was kind of funny that KW and KH both used the injury cart at the same time.
Originally posted by susweel:
It was kind of funny that KW and KH both used the injury cart at the same time.

I didn't think it was too funny.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
ouch

lost two valuable members of our team, especilly hunter...

FML

Fortunately we have quality depth at WR and RB. We're going to be fine.
Share 49ersWebzone