LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

Any update on Walker, Hunter, and Williams??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Commish should've up held Vilma's suspension!!

If you look at the Replay Vilma actually held Hunter's Foot and twisted it as he was going down. I think a Chop Block is in order, I'll take the 15 yards and end his career.Really Dirty scumbag.
stop,, he just rolled his ankle, stop, s**t happens,, lifes a b***h and then you die. next man up but yes make no mistake the hunter thing worries me far more than kyle. at least we have two guys ready and a possible , possible jewell in james

This was not just S**t happens when a player *tries* to twist an ankle, that is over the line... He took Hunter out for the season and we may not be able to compensate for the loss. He did not roll on the Ankle watch the replay he actually grabbed his foot and twisted it. .
well it really does not matter anymore does it
With two roster openings forthcoming, the 49ers are expected to activate running back Jewel Hampton from NFI/reserved list and to promote someone from their practice squad. That player likely will be linebacker Michael Wilhoite, who also played fullback in the offseason, or safety Michael Thomas. Both have special teams value.Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/11/hunter-suffered-achilles-tear-not-sprained-ankle.html#storylink=cpy
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Completely agree. Kendall has every-down back ability. LMJ is not that kind of guy. This hurts us more than some think.

Having LMJ does help limit the damage though.

Again, I think Hunter allowed us to plug and play with him and Gore. I believe that Brandon will give us nearly an equivalent back...it just won't be plug and play...game planning will have to adjust. That is both an advantage and a disadvantage.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Commish should've up held Vilma's suspension!!

If you look at the Replay Vilma actually held Hunter's Foot and twisted it as he was going down. I think a Chop Block is in order, I'll take the 15 yards and end his career.Really Dirty scumbag.
stop,, he just rolled his ankle, stop, s**t happens,, lifes a b***h and then you die. next man up but yes make no mistake the hunter thing worries me far more than kyle. at least we have two guys ready and a possible , possible jewell in james

This was not just S**t happens when a player *tries* to twist an ankle, that is over the line... He took Hunter out for the season and we may not be able to compensate for the loss. He did not roll on the Ankle watch the replay he actually grabbed his foot and twisted it. .
well it really does not matter anymore does it
Unfortunatly no, I just hope Harbaugh can make the adjustments and we move on... Dang he was having an awesome season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Source: Kendall Hunter suffered an Achilles tear, not an ankle injury. He is expected to be placed on injured reserve. #49ers

f**k
jesus,, goes from bad to worst,,, far be it for me to over react but is now the appropriate time to break out the cyanide kool aid?
I think it would be a good idea for some webzoners to review LMJ's college highlights. The guy can play.
i am sure things will work out and yes i know about james and what he did in college. the coaches would not have picked him so high unless they saw something special in him.. I am just speaking out of emotion now cuz you know,, it kind of hit us like a ton of bricks. we were lead to think it was a sprain and he would be back in 3 weeks, his loss actually made us weaker in several areas. i am not saying of course we are dead in the water. i think and hope dixon and jacobs will step up and as you and others have said,, james and whatever he can bring will hopefully limit the downfall we have suffered.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Jewel Hampton has a lot of Frank Gore in him...small, thick, powerful, quicker than fast, good moves and low center of gravity.

How's his blocking? That's the big loss with Hunter...not only did he run almost as well as Gore, he blocked almost as well.

Not sure....probably a huge drop-off from Hunter in the blocking department, but that's to be expected.
Think he's a bigger part of this offense than people even realize. Super bummed about this.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Source: Kendall Hunter suffered an Achilles tear, not an ankle injury. He is expected to be placed on injured reserve. #49ers

f**k
jesus,, goes from bad to worst,,, far be it for me to over react but is now the appropriate time to break out the cyanide kool aid?
I think it would be a good idea for some webzoners to review LMJ's college highlights. The guy can play.
i am sure things will work out and yes i know about james and what he did in college. the coaches would not have picked him so high unless they saw something special in him.. I am just speaking out of emotion now cuz you know,, it kind of hit us like a ton of bricks. we were lead to think it was a sprain and he would be back in 3 weeks, his loss actually made us weaker in several areas. i am not saying of course we are dead in the water. i think and hope dixon and jacobs will step up and as you and others have said,, james and whatever he can bring will hopefully limit the downfall we have suffered.

AWWWWW F*****K

good thing the 49ers drafted a WR & RB in the 1st two rounds, and signed a decent short yardage back in the off season; all three still are still, unopened, mint in box.

Ive been watching the 49ers for over 20 years and ive never seen two players done for the year on the same play. Or maybe im in just in shock and cant think straight right now. losing KW suxs, but he can be replaced, Hunter will be alot more difficult. We all knew the injury bug hits every team, lets just hope we evade it the rest of the way *Knocks wood*
This hurts, but I have full faith that LMJ can step up. He was drafted very high by Harbaalke, he has been healthy and practicing, and he is hungry.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I just hope we dont have a late season injury bug.

Originally posted by susweel:
I just hope we dont have a late season injury bug.

It's that b***h, Vilma. He just earned his bounty...
Now that Hunter is out, and the 49ers get another running back, that player has to learn the scheme, pass block, understand the offense, take care of the football...it's a long process.
Maybe the 49ers get lucky with another RB...who knows.

Hunter will definetely be missed.
Akers is not playing well.
New QB at center (or not?)
One or two rookies potentially going to start in the middle of the season.
Lot of changes...hopefully for the best.
Time will tell.
ouch

lost two valuable members of our team, especilly hunter...

FML
Yeah losing Hunter sucks but nothing you can do, Im just glad we have some depth unlike last year. No Jacobs and James probably wont be as good as Hunter but thats the reason they were behind him on the depth chart. They will step up and give us some decent production behind the best Line in the NFL.
We'll be fine, Harbaugh has prepared for a situation like this. It's almostl ike he knew it was going to happen. Remember when everyone was surprised with us keeping Celek? Now Walker is hurt and he'll contribute.

I think we'll plug in AJ Jenkins to replace Williams and then we'll move form a two headed running attack to a three, using Gore, James and Jacobs with the occasional Dixon sighting. That'll change up the dynamic big time but it should still work out.

Jenkins was looking good near the end of preseason and he'll only get better with time.
Share 49ersWebzone