LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by keeferr75:
If refs knew the safety rules niners win.

I think the refs knew the safety rule and called it correctly.

It wasn't called correctly. mike pereira even said so

Pereira was talking about the ball crossing the LOS out of bounds--but was he in the pocket? So many questions. JH said it was not review-able. So the refs may have made a mistake but that happens. At any rate that was two of ten points the offense gave up. Not a good game no matter how you slice it.
Regarding today's 49ers-Rams game:

1. In my opinion, Colin Kaepernick should remain the 49ers' starting QB.

2. I'm putting the blame for this loss solely on OC Greg Roman!! What was Ted Ginn doing in with the offense? WTF was that play? What was Roman thinking?

3. As for that intentional grounding call that resulted in the safety, Mike Pereira said during the game that it was a bad call.

4. David Akers failed again.

I think that Greg Roman's play-calling was too conservative.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
We lost for several reasons today. Kaep had a bad game. If Akers made just one of his missed FG's we wouldve won. Bad penalties, some were bad calls by refs. Play calling was bad.
With all that, it would have taken a GREAT game by Smith to have won.

How do you figure that? Our defense gave up 3 points in regulation.... Let's call it as it is. Kaep had a bad game (safety, fumble, staying inbounds on last play in 4th) but hopefully this is the learning experience and next week is better. Alex would have won this game by not having the mental fall apart, but that doesn't mean that it still isn't the best decision in the long run this season to start Kaep. I don't know whether it is or isn't in the long run and we'll have to find out.
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by English:

I think the refs knew the safety rule and called it correctly.

WHAT!!!!!! The ball made it passed the line of scrimmage, and they didn't even review it

Kaepernick was still inside the tackles.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by 2000sooners:
Originally posted by Loco49er:

Kaep should know better than to run 15 yards backwards into the endzone!

True! safety or not he shouldn't have did that lol
what should he have did in that situation?

Not run in reverse 15 yards to the endzone
I did not see a lot of run variations as we've seen all year long. Part of it is because Hunter is gone, but also because Roman called a very subpar game.

He should have did done a step up into the huge pocket and stood tall waiting for a receiver to come open! That what he should have did!
Originally posted by HornedToad10:
We lost for several reasons today. Kaep had a bad game. If Akers made just one of his missed FG's we wouldve won. Bad penalties, some were bad calls by refs. Play calling was bad.

How do you figure that? Our defense gave up 3 points in regulation.... Let's call it as it is. Kaep had a bad game (safety, fumble, staying inbounds on last play in 4th) but hopefully this is the learning experience and next week is better. Alex would have won this game by not having the mental fall apart, but that doesn't mean that it still isn't the best decision in the long run this season to start Kaep. I don't know whether it is or isn't in the long run and we'll have to find out.

What makes you so sure we even score with Alex out there?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

If that situation, take the sack. Alex would have. That is Kaep's inexperience running into the endzone. Another one of his inexperiences is not staying inbounds making the Rams use their final timeout in the 4th quart with under 2 min to play.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Regarding today's 49ers-Rams game:

1. In my opinion, Colin Kaepernick should remain the 49ers' starting QB.

2. I'm putting the blame for this loss solely on OC Greg Roman!! What was Ted Ginn doing in with the offense? WTF was that play? What was Roman thinking?

3. As for that intentional grounding call that resulted in the safety, Mike Pereira said during the game that it was a bad call.

4. David Akers failed again.

I think that Greg Roman's play-calling was too conservative.

Are you seriously blaming the play for the fumble? The play was an option read. Completely on Kaepernick. He should've known not to make that pitch, especially 3 feet over Ginn's head. Personally, it's a good play call in that given situation. Giving Ginn the ball in open field is never bad. However, Ginn was blanketed, causing the bad pitch. Horrible decision by Kaep.

Every time Jacobs was in the game, it was a run. Either he can't pass block, or doesn't know the playbook. But if that is what's better out of him and LMJ, then our RB depth is not as good as we all thought.
  • Jason
  • Veteran
Man, Kap apologists are as bad as Alex apologists. You'd think he was Obama!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Momotaros:
Originally posted by HornedToad10:

What makes you so sure we even score with Alex out there?

We probably don't, but Alex would have not made that pitch or "kill" the play at the line.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luis1985:
Keap played fine. He did enough to win the game. The person(s) to blame are Roman and Akers! The only thing that Akers has to do I make that field goal and he can't even do that. Dude sucks and need to be cut ASAP. On the offense I blame Roman. Seriously the calls he made were so bad. Keap is good enough that he overcame the bad calls to almost win the game. Still Roman is the one to blame for the really bad bad call, they were the worse calls of the year.

Sorry...Kaep did not play fine. He played a mediocre game and turned it over at the worst possible time.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

He should have did done a step up into the huge pocket and stood tall waiting for a receiver to come open! That what he should have did!

There was a blitz coming from the middle so he had to roll right.
Share 49ersWebzone