LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kaep didn't play great at all.........people should stop acting like he didn't contribute to the loss. If that were Smith, people would be screaming about how he retreated into the endzone on the "safety" play and the horrible toss play.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by keeferr75:
If refs knew the safety rules niners win.

I think the refs knew the safety rule and called it correctly.
English, I don't know if you watched the same FOX feed we had here in the states, but they brought in the former Head of Officials and he said that it should not have been called a safety...supposedly the LOS extends out of bounds if you are out of the pocket and the ball lands out of bounds beyond the LOS...so its not where it goes out of bounds in the air...but where the ball lands out of bounds.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 2, 2012 at 2:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
This posts would suggest that Jim is the one pulling the strings. I am not so sure. This smells more like Trent Baalke trying to push "his guy" into relevancy.

Same thing occurred to me! I just have a hard time seeing JH wanting to have more mistakes with a young QB rather than going with the vet. Colin had played very well, with few mistakes, so this game may be an anomoly...or is that wishful thinking.

Maiocco is talking about CK putting too much mustard on the ball...another issue that will get better with time, but the team is on the verge of being a Super Bowl team.
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
if kaepernick is gonna start from now on then harbaugh needs to improve offensive gameplan in favor of his skills instead of limit him. im sure we will win next sunday against the dolphins.

I agree and the problem here is that Harbaugh seems absolutely incompetent as to the reality of his Offensive gameplan and playcalling which has sucked under Roman more times than not since he became OC.
Ok, we got a good look at Keap. IMO he is still raw and should not be starting for the 49ers when they are on a mission to win a SB. I bet Alex Smith is laughing his ass off right now!
There was plenty of bad calls on each side ("hit" on Kaep and the "dropped" pass by the rams). We lost this game and If people blame one QB then they have to blame the other. Play calling is conservative and the QB is expected to protect a lead. The D-fense held them to no score, Kaep gives them 2 with the Safety and then that HORRIBLE pitch to Ginn. If those plays don't happen we win this game.

Kaep should know better than to run 15 yards backwards into the endzone!
the team as a whole didnt do to well today, with the exception of the defense.

idk why everyone is freakin out.. he didnt play terrible.. he just didnt play as well as he has. everyone knew he would have some problems because it happens to every quarterback.. it comes with experience. im obviously not happy with an L but iv seen worse things. i know we will recoupe and smash the dolphins next week. not worried.

on a side note.. i really would like to see greg roman leave to a college next year. iv never really cared for his offense.. the run game is good and all but his pass game isnt anything to run home about and he loves doing to many cute trick/college plays..

if the refs knew the safety rule then they didn't call it correctly how do u explain your comment!
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Kaep didn't play great at all.........people should stop acting like he didn't contribute to the loss. If that were Smith, people would be screaming about how he retreated into the endzone on the "safety" play and the horrible toss play.

Don't think people feel that way at all. His errors are obviously the biggest reason why we lost, but those weren't his only plays of the game. I thought he threw and ran the ball well today. He did some good things. It's too bad his 2 turnovers are the story of the game.

Originally posted by Loco49er:

True! safety or not he shouldn't have did that lol
Originally posted by 2000sooners:

if the refs knew the safety rule then they didn't call it correctly how do u explain your comment!

The safety is correct. Good call by the refs, in my opinion. I'm not even sure Kaepernick got out of the tackle box.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dan Dibley ‏@dandibley

Our guy @MaioccoCSN confirms it, @49ers outcoached by @Rams.@957thegame
  • dj43
Eric Davis noted on the radio that the 49er receivers were running 12-15 yard patterns instead of the 8-10 yard patterns in previous games. This was forcing the OL to hold their pass protection blocks longer, which they were not able to do consistently. Davis also noted the Rams disguising their coverages until just as the ball was snapped. All of this put more pressure on Kaepernick and he was having trouble reading the defenses and then trying to find receivers after being forced out of the pocket.

It is usually not a good thing to make major changes in the middle of a season unless something very bad has happened. In this case, it looks like too many changes all just for the sake of change. Lotta blame has to go on the Harbaugh for this one. He put an inexperienced young player in a situation with a changed offense and the result was almost predictable.
Originally posted by 2000sooners:
Originally posted by Loco49er:

True! safety or not he shouldn't have did that lol
what should he have did in that situation?
Share 49ersWebzone