LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HornedToad10:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
We lost for several reasons today. Kaep had a bad game. If Akers made just one of his missed FG's we wouldve won. Bad penalties, some were bad calls by refs. Play calling was bad.
With all that, it would have taken a GREAT game by Smith to have won.

How do you figure that? Our defense gave up 3 points in regulation.... Let's call it as it is. Kaep had a bad game (safety, fumble, staying inbounds on last play in 4th) but hopefully this is the learning experience and next week is better. Alex would have won this game by not having the mental fall apart, but that doesn't mean that it still isn't the best decision in the long run this season to start Kaep. I don't know whether it is or isn't in the long run and we'll have to find out.

I figure that because I watched the game. Walker could have dropped that TD just as easily with Smith, the pitch to Ginn couldve been the same, Akers would still have missed the FG's, and penalties wouldve been the same.
Smith wouldve been sacked more too and wouldnt have run for all those yards.
Originally posted by 2000sooners:
not trying to argue but it showed that he was outside of the tackle and being that the ball went atleast two yards past the line of scrimmage that wouldn't be a safety would it? I know the game is over and its the past I am just trying to figure this out!

In the opinion of the game day ref it did not pass the LOS and it was not review-able. So...they win...they have the power!
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
The receivers not catching the ball did not directly contribute to our loss, they directly contribute to us punting the ball. What does directly effect the game is handing the Rams 10 points on two boneheaded plays. I guess we'll see if the "hot hand" comment was true or not.

Are fricken kidding?? Did you not see the TD Walker dropped?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I can't believe people are trying to defend CK despite his enormous part in losing this for us.

If Alex commits two turnovers/mistakes that gave up two Rams scores, he'd be crucified by a lot of fans here. WE DON'T HAVE TIME NOR DO WE HAVE THE LUXURY to "wait and find out" if this was just an isolated horrendous game by Kaepernick, or instead if he's actually been figured out by opponents and/or isn't ready just yet.

Can't agree more
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Regarding today's 49ers-Rams game:

1. In my opinion, Colin Kaepernick should remain the 49ers' starting QB.

2. I'm putting the blame for this loss solely on OC Greg Roman!! What was Ted Ginn doing in with the offense? WTF was that play? What was Roman thinking?

3. As for that intentional grounding call that resulted in the safety, Mike Pereira said during the game that it was a bad call.

4. David Akers failed again.

I think that Greg Roman's play-calling was too conservative.

Are you seriously blaming the play for the fumble? The play was an option read. Completely on Kaepernick. He should've known not to make that pitch, especially 3 feet over Ginn's head. Personally, it's a good play call in that given situation. Giving Ginn the ball in open field is never bad. However, Ginn was blanketed, causing the bad pitch. Horrible decision by Kaep.

Yeah, I agree. The players have to be accountable.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Do some feel these are the same Rams that Alex has played in the past? Do some just expect us to improve and not other teams?

we lost this game for many reasons...as Bill Walsh said along time about. "Refs are inept Idiots!" you can't expect them to do their jobs...and in certain situations you have to protect your own team from them, if that makes sense.

Dashon needs to know that....although his play was legal when you look at the replay, late in the game its better not taking a chance. I know he was trying to make a play, but its hard to make anything positive happen there besides a good hit. (again I don't blame him because it was legal, but its just better not trying it at that crucial time)

same with certain play calls in the game....its like we play conservative at the wrong times and "aggressive"? (at least with tricky stuff) at the wrong times. There was NO reason to call that play to Ginn with us backed up into our endzone....obviously Ginn is playing for Kyle being injured, and maybe Kyle has that down....but even with Kyle healthy that would be a stupid call with us leading by 10 and with us backed up like that...you don't give the defense (whole team) a chance to get back into it, with potential mistake plays. I have to see the replay again, but it looked high toss.....Ginn should fell on it...and Ginns butt was on the guy, BUT the Refs f'd up again.

that is on Kaep on giving Ginn a better placed ball. That is what he has control over in that situation.

If some are blaming Kaep on that Safety then I'm not even going to argue much because then it won't go anyware... Sure the same example about Dashon could've went into that situation..but I don't know what you would want to tell your young QB in that situation. (I'm sure some Kaep critics can think of something)

but besides that I think he did well. converted ALOT of 3rd downs....and got us into situation to win by TD and FG....with no running game for most of the day really.

I liked how he bounced back after each time they needed him, and put up some nice drives that put us into position to get points....as well as win games.

The offense only scored 6 points.....
The penalties killed us all day long. We need to stop the holding, how many first downs were negated because of stupid holding calls?
I don't care who starts at QB, it was gonna be an ugly game regardless.

Only controversy which should be served is David Akers' job security going into next weekend.

Akers needs to be cut, enough is enough, he's f**king terrible.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Priority of reasons why we lost

Play calling

Colin Kaepernick

Delanie Walker - edit how could i forget...

Bad execution

Penalties

Absense of Hunter
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM ]
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Are fricken kidding?? Did you not see the TD Walker dropped?

Yes, and we still took the lead on that possession. We, however, lost our lead because of a pitch that gave the Ram's their only touchdown of the day. I guess if Bradford can't do it, we need to?

Originally posted by sfout:
Priority of reasons why we lost

Play calling

Colin Kaepernick

Bad execution

Penalties

Absense of Hunter

Where does Akers lie on there?
I can't believe people are trying to defend CK despite his enormous part in losing this for us.

If Alex commits two turnovers/mistakes that gave up two Rams scores, he'd be crucified by a lot of fans here. WE DON'T HAVE TIME NOR DO WE HAVE THE LUXURY to "wait and find out" if this was just an isolated horrendous game by Kaepernick, or instead if he's actually been figured out by opponents and/or isn't ready just yet.

Nobody is disputing his mistakes lost us the game. When I sit back and take every play into account, I thought he played a decent game. He made good throws and made plays with his feet. At no point did I think the kid is overwhelmed and not ready. He's ready. We'll stick with him because he's the better player. That decision has already been made. Nothing to figure out.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by 2000sooners:
not trying to argue but it showed that he was outside of the tackle and being that the ball went atleast two yards past the line of scrimmage that wouldn't be a safety would it? I know the game is over and its the past I am just trying to figure this out!

In the opinion of the game day ref it did not pass the LOS and it was not review-able. So...they win...they have the power!

That is a reviewable play! Just can't challenge it. Scoring play. They should have reviewed it.
The blame for this game goes to Roman. Too much conservative play calling. He need to get away from this college option crap and play football. The db on the left side was playing off the receiver all day, so why not keep throwing passes until they fix it! They were inside their own 5 yard line and he calls two play up the middle with Gore, what is singletary back. I hope Roman gets a HC job next year and we can get someone to call play to the strength of this team. I also blame Fangio for going into the prevent D too.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Wow, I simply cannot believe what I just witnessed. LOL that rivals the NFCCG for the most f**ked up turn of events I've ever seen in a niner game. Safety, fumble, TD, 2 pt conv., dropped TD pass, missed field goal, loss. Any one of those don't happen, we win, but they all somehow managed to happen, somehow. Wow. LOL.

yea seemed to all happen in the 4th quarter too , such a misfortune
Originally posted by RabidNiner:

Can't agree more

This!
Share 49ersWebzone