Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
Originally posted by Axl49:
Cant believe Kap is starting...... I think we are in for a looong game

Yea me too... Im hoping for a repeat performance from Kaep, but if he falters early Harbaugh better go to plan B in a hurry. I still dont know why you make this kinda change at this time, unless Alex hasn't fully recovered from the concussion i guess.

Or unless they have seen in practice that Keap is clearly the better choice.

Not saying this is 100% the case but we simply don't know whats going on behind the scenes.

If that was the case, Harbaugh wouldn't have waited till Smith had a concussion to make Kaep the starter.

I know that no official word has come out but the reports are saying that AS is cleared to play and Kaep is still starting.

Why would Harbs do that if he didn't believe that Kaep was the better option?

Again, i don't care who starts as long as we win.

But If Alex is cleared to play and Kaep is still getting the start, that's saying something.
Watch Alex start and this whole mess was manufactured by Jim on purpose
I think with Kap at the helm, we're dropping 35+ on NO but he's not going to be picture perfect like he was last week against Chicago...I'm thinking at least two turnovers, I just hope our D can keep NO in check enough (in their dome of all places too) for us to hang around

I'm kind of excited to see what Kap can do against a defense that's hot right now and that will be preparing for him all week

Yea me too... Im hoping for a repeat performance from Kaep, but if he falters early Harbaugh better go to plan B in a hurry. I still dont know why you make this kinda change at this time, unless Alex hasn't fully recovered from the concussion i guess.

Not saying this is 100% the case but we simply don't know whats going on behind the scenes.

If that was the case, Harbaugh wouldn't have waited till Smith had a concussion to make Kaep the starter.

I know that no official word has come out but the reports are saying that AS is cleared to play and Kaep is still starting.

But If Alex is cleared to play and Kaep is still getting the start, that's saying something.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/11/22/smith-practicing-in-non-contact-jersey-amid-report-hes-been-cleared-to-play-sunday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Quote:
Alex Smith remains in a black, non-contact jersey at Thursday's practice, signifying he hasn't been medically cleared to play.

However, ESPN is reporting that Smith has undergone testing and received clearance to play Sunday's game at New Orleans. Colin Kaepernick reportedly is in line to start his second straight game, according to Wednesday night's report from Sports Illustrated.

According to ESPN analyst and former 49ers teammate Trent Dilfer, Smith was told by coach Jim Harbaugh that Kaepernick will get first-team snaps in practice this week.

The media's 20-minute access window ended once team drills began Thursday, meaning there was no visible confirmation on which quarterback was with which unit.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i think the coaches really want to see if ck is the real deal. after two games in the comfort of home, i think they and we need to see him in a different enviroment. we already know alex can play and be solid for us. based upon the last two games he has played,,,, i think it has come down to the fact the coaches HAVE to see ck play again on the road in a dome vs a hot team to see if he is real or a mirage. that is not the best news for alex but based upon the last two games, you can not ignore ck. if ck wins big, great, if he struggles you can always put smith in. it will not be the first time this has happened in the history of the nfl
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Watch Alex start and this whole mess was manufactured by Jim on purpose

if alex does start, this will a topper for the coach in regards to the head games he has played with the media and fans
Kaep give our O that explosiveness we will need against The Saints
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
I think with Kap at the helm, we're dropping 35+ on NO but he's not going to be picture perfect like he was last week against Chicago...I'm thinking at least two turnovers, I just hope our D can keep NO in check enough (in their dome of all places too) for us to hang around

I'm kind of excited to see what Kap can do against a defense that's hot right now and that will be preparing for him all week
i disagree a bit about thier defense,, i think it has improved a little bit but is not hot. i think it is thier offense that is hot right now.. if i am wrong excuse me
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

No explosiveness is needed against the crappy saints defense lol
We will do whatever we want against that defense .
Originally posted by cciowa:

i disagree a bit about thier defense,, i think it has improved a little bit but is not hot. i think it is thier offense that is hot right now.. if i am wrong excuse me

Their offense is red hot but their defense is back to their championship form which is, we'll allow you a s**t ton of yards and even points, but we're going to get ours (in the form of turnovers) and that's whats going to put us above you, giving our superb offense (which is clicking on all cylinders, anyone know if Sproles will play this weekend?) more chances than yours has
If the defense plays as well as it did on Monday we'll only need to take care of the ball on O.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

yes,, it is our defense vs thier improving offense which will be the factor in my opinion
In all honesty, this controversy is moot until Alex is cleared to play.
Kaepernick had no practice reps with the first-team last week. He did well, of course, but that's NOT the way they want to go about it.

So naturally, this week, with Alex *STILL* not being cleared, they're going with Kaepernick and giving Alex a chance to get healthy. It's win/win for everyone. Kaepernick gets a chance to prove his worth. Alex gets healthy. The entire 49er team gets a better idea of who gives their team a chance to win.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

yes,, it is our defense vs thier improving offense which will be the factor in my opinion

Their offense is red hot but their defense is back to their championship form which is, we'll allow you a s**t ton of yards and even points, but we're going to get ours (in the form of turnovers) and that's whats going to put us above you, giving our superb offense (which is clicking on all cylinders, anyone know if Sproles will play this weekend?) more chances than yours has
ok, agree, thank you cc

ok, agree, thank you cc

Hakuna matata dude