LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 355 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/11/22/smith-practicing-in-non-contact-jersey-amid-report-hes-been-cleared-to-play-sunday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Word.

It will be interesting to see what happens if he is cleared before sunday since CK's been gettin the first team reps.
Originally posted by VA49er:
If the defense plays as well as it did on Monday we'll only need to take care of the ball on O.

Agree. The Saints defense gave up 400+ yards to the Raiders offense. We should be able to move the ball and control the clock all game to keep Brees off the field.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by VA49er:
If the defense plays as well as it did on Monday we'll only need to take care of the ball on O.

Agree. The Saints defense gave up 400+ yards to the Raiders offense. We should be able to move the ball and control the clock all game to keep Brees off the field.

Yeah boy. It would be nice to get brees on his back. This is the game for the base line to step up. We need to make sproles pay too.
Originally posted by cciowa:
if alex does start, this will a topper for the coach in regards to the head games he has played with the media and fans

It would be BIZARRE, because Alex wouldn't have had any first-team reps, and is one of those guys who needs to have his practice reps, and get into rhythm.
I think Alex got most of the first team reps last week and CK still started.
Originally posted by KegBert:

It worked out well because Kaepernick played exceptionally, but I'm sure the coaches would tell you that that is NOT the way they want to do things.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Watch Alex start and this whole mess was manufactured by Jim on purpose

if alex does start, this will a topper for the coach in regards to the head games he has played with the media and fans

Or cc, Harbaugh really plays with everyone and starts them both. AS under center pitches to CK on a sweep. CK pulls up and passes to Moss on a streak pattern.
Originally posted by Wubbie:

It worked out well because Kaepernick played exceptionally, but I'm sure the coaches would tell you that that is NOT the way they want to do things.

Oh I completely agree. Makes sense that the dude that gets the first team reps for the week plays.

I think it happened that way because the staff thought Alex would be cleared before the game.
This saints d is so slow. Kaep is a really bad matchup for them! Anyone see sam bradford catch thier safety? Kaeps first 100 yard rushing game me thinks.
Oh I completely agree. Makes sense that the dude that gets the first team reps for the week plays.

I think it happened that way because the staff thought Alex would be cleared before the game.

Exactly. I mean, last week, they thought Alex would be cleared and gave him all the first-team reps. This week, Kaepernick did well, and Alex is still not cleared early in the week, so give Kaepernick the first-team reps. They didn't want the starting QB to not be fully prepared two weeks in a row.

It's not something that deserves huge news *yet.*
If next week, the team goes with Kaepernick instead of a fully healthy Alex, then THAT is news.
[ Edited by Wubbie on Nov 22, 2012 at 1:32 PM ]

• rdc1
  • Veteran

On Monday they indicated that Colin got most of the reps the last two days of practice. Those are most important because that is when they focus on the game plan.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
This saints d is so slow. Kaep is a really bad matchup for them! Anyone see sam bradford catch thier safety? Kaeps first 100 yard rushing game me thinks.

kap will light them up. i hope our defense can contain brees doe
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Thats my biggest concern. As great as our defense was last week, we're facing a totally different offense with Brees. Last year we barely beat them in our house and this time we're in the Superdome but teams have had success this season. We'll need to score fast and as much as we can. Our defense will just have to keep the scoring to a minimum as much as they can.

The OLine will need to play as great as they did last week if we are going to win.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Thats my biggest concern. As great as our defense was last week, we're facing a totally different offense with Brees. Last year we barely beat them in our house and this time we're in the Superdome but teams have had success this season. We'll need to score fast and as much as we can. Our defense will just have to keep the scoring to a minimum as much as they can.

The OLine will need to play as great as they did last week if we are going to win.

Agree. Really hope our defense comes to play.
Well Aldon has over 1/3 of his sacks on monday nights. So he should get fired up for a nationally televised game. Someone just needs to let him know everyone but STL and ARI will be watching.
Share 49ersWebzone