Tie Game - how do you feel?

Fire Seely
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
didnt even know games could end in ties

Last time the 49ers tied in a game:

October 19, 1986 (@ Falcons)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198610190atl.htm
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Cutler is out with a concussion, after thowing 2 INT's. Maybe a break for the 9ers next week........

I hate the tie but its better than losing.........................

A game we should have lost.

but then again it's a game we should have won
We came out extremely sluggish. The way we played, I'm surprise we eked out a tie. That was one of our worse games, and the Rams played one of their better games.

Better hope we fix things. We got the Bears and Saints the next two weeks.
  • buck
  • Veteran
better than a loss.

We got lucky.

The defense was sleep walking for much of the game.

At least three 15 yard penalties against the defense.
The 49ers are pissed. The rams should look at it as a win since they shouldn't have been in this game.
I'm not worried about making the playoffs. We are too good a team not to win 11-12 games. I doubt the Seahawks win 10 games let alone 11 or 12.
As long as the Bears lose this it aint as bad but we need Alex to make a SB run
Almost a loss and almost a win is basically almost a nothing. This game was worthless. A loss might have mattered a win might have mattered but a tie is the ultimate push. No good or bad can come from it. It is depressing as much as it is uplifting. Our bye week produced the same relativity. So for now don't feel bad but don't feel good either. Feel kind of bye-weeky.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Almost a loss and almost a win is basically almost a nothing. This game was worthless. A loss might have mattered a win might have mattered but a tie is the ultimate push. No good or bad can come from it. It is depressing as much as it is uplifting. Our bye week produced the same relativity. So for now don't feel bad but don't feel good either. Feel kind of bye-weeky.

Yeah, I just feel...
The 49ers have a saying... Always get better! If you look at the D, O and Special Teams, af the 1/2 way point, I can honestly say that the .....

1) Offense is better this year ans still getting better this year. Loved how Kap played today coming off bench... Everyone else is ok or getting better. Greg Roman is ok although I think he gets too cute sometimes with is calls..
2) Defense is worse this year from last year and getting... Worse! Teams can run against them no problem this year. They have little depth and there is little chance of the defense geting better this year. The offense is going to have too pick it up this year to offset their decline.
3). Special teams is worse this year and getting worse to the point of bad. They give up one big punt or kick off return a game. The kicker is awful and should have guys brought in to challenge him every week. There is no way to improve the squad and the coach should have his positioned looked at the end of the season.

To get to the playoffs this year we can only lose 1 more time. I give us a 50/50 shot at getting in, especially if we lose to Seattle in Seattle in late December.
Im hoping for a texans win so that maybe a bears loss coupled the giants and falcons losing push the "meh" feeling to "it could be worse"
What would happen if a team tied every game, going 0-0-16? Is that like 8-8? lol
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
What would happen if a team tied every game, going 0-0-16? Is that like 8-8? lol

Or lets say every game ends up in a tie for every team. Somehow I don't think they have an answer for this in the rule book.
like s**t. there i said it.