There are 201 users in the forums

Tie Game - how do you feel?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There should be no ties in football. I understand it's a physical game and they don't want players going 6,7,8 quarters, but at bare minimum they should go to a filed goal kick off if the game can't be decided by the end of OT. Each team get to attempt a fg from the 45 until one misses or gets blocked. Low risk chance for injury and still very entertaining and edge of your seat type of action.
Originally posted by dhp318:
It's pretty much 90% a loss

A slight exageration. No team from the NFC West has beaten the niners this year. Lets keep it that way.
What do you expect from an average team.....that's embarrassing
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
we need to be worried about making the playoffs.

We still play the bears, saints and patriots. Plus we have to play the Rams and Seahawks (6-4)

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
What would happen if a team tied every game, going 0-0-16? Is that like 8-8? lol

Or lets say every game ends up in a tie for every team. Somehow I don't think they have an answer for this in the rule book.

lol dance off for the Lombardi
They should do away with ties and do it like soccer: have 5 different players kick a field goal ftw.
What would happen if a team tied every game, going 0-0-16? Is that like 8-8? lol

Or lets say every game ends up in a tie for every team. Somehow I don't think they have an answer for this in the rule book.

It would go down to point differential :

4:01
Pack and Panthers try to battle for playoff spot and chaos ensues.
Originally posted by jcashen87:
D Line doesn't have fresh bodies to sub in, they started the year not looking as dominant as last year, now they are looking flat out tired, but they haven't been as bad as they were today at giving up big(by our standards) running lanes, so im chalking that up to the bye a bit, because even our LB's looked slow and weak out there, Harbaugh needs to keep the guys in shape and in the facilities more, this is not a Super Bowl team...yet. But we can be, just have to fire at the right time, we have the D to do it, Alex has gotten better, still needs to improve and stay healthy, but we can def do it. Honestly the first round bye would be nice again, but the last couple superbowls have been teams going the distance from wild card weekend, if we get hot we can def do that.

Love the outlook man and I agree this can be a Super Bowl team. As far as the tie I think this sums it up: I go upstairs my wife says to me so who won? I go nobody it ended in a effin tie. She screams that's gay! I didn't know pro sports had ties wtf is that? Then she asked if baseball or basketball has ties and after I explained they don't I had to agree with her, it's gay. Game should have went on until somebody scores
This was like the Vikings game, but improved.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Still contest that was the best highlight show...miss it big time

RIP Pat Tillman

Alex Smith's fault. Cut him.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

That was awesome. I don't even remember that.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I think Willis may be playing hurt. Seemed like it today.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Sick to my stomach.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
First time all season I've felt the division was in any danger. Realistically, we're looking at a 10-5-1 season unless we win in Seattle. If we don't, Seattle just needs to win road games at Miami (worst homefield advantage in NFL history) and Buffalo, and beat Ari & Stl at home to go 11-5.
Share 49ersWebzone