There are 224 users in the forums

Tie Game - how do you feel?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
I feel you should play until a winner is decided. That one overtime rule is bogus!

I agree I think they made that rule change just to prevent ties...
This is a race where you stay with the pack and when the playoffs begin you start to seperate. I'm worried about the D, everytime we come up against a Cruz type we get burned over a 100 yards. The team came out flat, that makes 3 games this season. If the trend continues we won't go too far come playoff time.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
I feel you should play until a winner is decided. That one overtime rule is bogus!

I agree I think they made that rule change just to prevent ties...

i disagree. at what point are you putting the health of the players at risk?
Originally posted by captveg:
Right, but now if we lose the division it will because we simply won less games than Seattle. The tiebreakers are basically moot. Win as many as Seattle = division win. It's that simple. (Unless Seattle also has a tie game this year).

Right, but that likely would've been true if we had lost the game too. What i'm saying is that this tie is probably going to be equally as bad as a loss when it concerns the division. And it's even worse when you're trying to vie for a 1st round bye.
All things taken into consideration the offense and defense did enough to get is into position to win the game and Akers missed the kick. There were no outstanding issues that caused him to miss the kick. Akers has been missing kicks all season, we need to take a second look at him and see if there isn't some unsigned rookie kicker out there who can come in get the job done.
we need to be worried about making the playoffs.

We still play the bears, saints and patriots. Plus we have to play the Rams and Seahawks (6-4)
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by dhp318:
Right, but that likely would've been true if we had lost the game too. What i'm saying is that this tie is probably going to be equally as bad as a loss when it concerns the division. And it's even worse when you're trying to vie for a 1st round bye.

IF the niners go to seattle and lose 14-6 it now does not matter in the tiebreaking category. and the only way this will effect the divison just as bad as a loss is if the rams and niners end in a tie at the end of the season.

there is no way to know how this will effect the season until we get there. if the niners win out it likely does not matter. and the giants have shown(actually many teams have shown) home field advantage and the bye is not the key to the super bowl. i just want them to win teh divisioon so i get another playoff game.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by 9er2thegrave:
If you don't win, you lose.

if you don't lose, you win.

If you don't win or lose, you tie.

If you don't win. lose or tie, you DIE.

Don't die, get DirecTV.
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
we need to be worried about making the playoffs.

We still play the bears, saints and patriots. Plus we have to play the Rams and Seahawks (6-4)

Cutler is out with a concussion, after thowing 2 INT's. Maybe a break for the 9ers next week........

I hate the tie but its better than losing.........................

I feel sick!! This game is ours for the taking and let it slip. I can't get Akers missed field goal out of my head.
Disappointed...once we got the lead the defense gave it up. Akers is kicking himself for missing the FG...Gore was great, Crabtree very solid, Kaepernick made some good plays. As a fan, I was frustrated...I can just imagine how the players and coaches feel. I don't think Harbaugh had them ready to compete in the 1st half. Rams took it to us. Overall, very much a less than solid effort. Made the Rams look like a real contender. Can't believe we fell for the fake punt twice...that's just unacceptable. Gotta regroup fast...Da Bears are comin' to town.
I feel like it's Christmas morning with no presents
This is practically a loss (for the 49ers). This was a game that was assumed won, until of course today. It effects the division and more importantly, playoff seeding.

The special teams were simply outmatched, out-coached, out...everything.

The defense looks good on paper, a whole diff story on the field. Gave up 24 points to the...Rams?

The offense, well.

Overall, a loss --> this is given the 49ers were considered a SB team.
didnt even know games could end in ties
Share 49ersWebzone