Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Huego:
we lost our starting QB AND they converted on two fake punts and we STILL almost won in OT if Akers made that FG. I don't understand what you guys expect, this is the NFL, every week is going to be a dog fight...especially when facing a division rival coming out of a bye week with a good coach like Fisher. We'll be fine, let's just hope the Bears lose tonight and we beat them next week.

Agreed. Division games are always tough, and especially one where the opponent is well coached.

Special Teams gets an F across the board. I expect the problems to get resolved though.

Why? It hasn't been resolved all season. It's been a horrifc nightmare all year long.

Nowhere near what it was today.

There has been a huge dropoff all year. Ginn less explosive although solid. Akers missing FG after FG. Horrific kick and punt coverage. This is not a good special teams.

I still can't figure out why we let Blake Costanzo go. He wasn't the whole glue but we clearly can see the drop off without him in a 49er uniform.

Colin Jones too. We have guys who don't even dress like Brandon Jacobs. Dixon who does dress is buried deep on the RB depth chart and is a bad special teamer IMO.

True, very true.
I guess in todays NFL, you can take what you can get.

The issues I have:

Defense
-It's more then just "sucking" and not getting pressure. We have severe disciplined/fundamental football issues. Willis getting STOOD UP after GETTING DRAGGED 5 yards is pathetic. Our guys are not getting low. Simple, fundamentals by WRAPPING it up. It seems like our D plays to high, at all three levels of the D.
-What is up with Goldson? We went all this time without allowing the big play and got burned by a guy with a broken shoulder. Goldson was all over the slot (which was already decently covered) while the outside guy ran right by everyone. WTF is Goldson doing?
-Another issue with Goldson is his shoulder throwing "tackles'--that Sh!t aint going to cut it. The bomb when Culliver fell, Goldson had a chance to TACKLE around the 5 yd line, but decided to hug/hump the WR into the endzone
-And Goldson appears to have issues with personal fouls. That is at least the second one I can remember in a tight game over complete BS. He deserves a BENCHING---Singletary to Davis Style.
-I can live with the McDonald penalty.
- Our defense is so concerned about going for the strip/INT they are not tackling. Jackson isn't going to fumble, so give it up and JUST TACKLE! You could see our guys, sometimes 4 at a time getting dragged cuz they want a strip.
-get someone else to cover the slot, cuz Rogers is old and slow and gets beat with small fast guys. Amendola made him look just plain SILLY at the 5 yard line. Amendola cut twice and had the ball in his hands before Rogers realized the ball was in play.
-Why are our guys walking around lost, putting in their mouth pieces and just plain confused?

Offense
-not too bad from Kaep, he certainly poses issues to defenses having to account for his legs.
-he doesn't really see the whole field yet and prematurely bails on the play.
-he waves that ball around in the pocket, just asking for a fumble
-Quarterbacking isn't about throwing hard, its about making the right read, getting the ball out on time, and being accurate. When he gets hurried, he tends to just RIFLE the ball (which leads to INTS)
-Gore showed up
-Where did Davis go? (Again) If the D is taking that away, we have to find a way to beat them somewhere else. (That is actually your job as a coordinator Roman)

ST
-Someone deserves to get fired. Period. Dot. End of Story.
-Coverage units are still suspect
-Andy Lee is the only guy doing his job (with his broke ass thumb)
-TWO....not one....BUT TWO FAKE PUNTS?! Are you kidding? You were put on notice with the fake in garbage time at the end of the first half, but after that, it is inexcusable.

Harbaugh needs to fix the discipline issues (stupid, selfish penalties) and manage the game better. As a headcoach, he should have been smart emough to know that Fisher was going to pull out all the stops. Fisher tipped his hand before the first half ended and Harbaugh STILL didn't get the memo. I'm surprised they didn't Fake FG. They probably would have won the game.
[ Edited by GoldandGarnet on Nov 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pdizo916:
f**king akers.

Him, Goodwin, and rogers will prob. be cut at the end of this.year.to we can sign bowman and goldson. Hell, you can add McDonald to that list, too.

What happpened to 52? He's missing tackles or getting out muscled out there. It looks like he's lost a step along with Justin smith.

f**kin Akers?? f**kin defense!!!!

Defense was frickin burned all game, the only thing I'm happy about is Aldon Smith got two sacks. Rogers was pissing me off all day, I'm still pissed!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
f**king akers.

Him, Goodwin, and rogers will prob. be cut at the end of this.year.to we can sign bowman and goldson. Hell, you can add McDonald to that list, too.

What happpened to 52? He's missing tackles or getting out muscled out there. It looks like he's lost a step along with Justin smith.

f**kin Akers?? f**kin defense!!!!

Defense was frickin burned all game, the only thing I'm happy about is Aldon Smith got two sacks. Rogers was pissing me off all day, I'm still pissed!!!

lest we forget, they got bailed by that illegal formation penalty on the amendola 80-yder....other wise its madieu williams burn 2.0
I am happy That kaepernick seemed adequate but I want smith back.
The Niners defense and special teams have dropped off from 2011--the offense tried its best.
If you don't win, you lose.
Originally posted by 9er2thegrave:

if you don't lose, you win.
We had no answer for Amendola. We let up in the run game as well. Offensively it was just a sluggish first quarter.

Special teams was horrific. I have no idea why Seely decided to send Culliver and leave the gunner wide open. On the second instance when the gunner started running from the sidelines towards the middle of the field, you had to know something was up.
As for post season implications Giants laid a smelly pile today Atlanta lost so home field isnt lost yet.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

If you don't win or lose, you tie.
I feel you should play until a winner is decided. That one overtime rule is bogus!
This draft class is coming back to haunt us. Combine that with key loses of special teams players, and lack of depth at defense where draftees could have filled in and you have a disaster of an offseason. Draft was a disaster. simple as that.
it feels like a huge cliffhanger like the feeling after a movie ends, but there is a sequel.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

If you don't win or lose, you tie.

Share 49ersWebzone