There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
if we can take away the run then im sure we can win. forcing campbell to throw will give us alot of opportunities to take the ball away. its a guna be a bloodbath!

If we can keep them from averaging 5 ypc in the first quarter we should be ok
We've lost to teams with a good running game and a good passing game (Min, NYG). The defense is going to have to step up and play lights out. Even without Cutler, Campbell has starting experience and can't take that for granted. Its going to come down to the defense I think regardless if Kaep or Alex plays, but I'm hoping its Alex.
[ Edited by Baldie on Nov 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM ]
  • kush
  • Veteran
If CK starts I could easily see him racking up 3+ TDs.

A) he would have a backup, so the injury concerns are minimalized and play calls will be a bit bolder
B) with a week of 1st team reps your gameplan can be built around his unique abilities. You build his confidence and keep the Bears on their toes.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by kush:
If CK starts I could easily see him racking up 3+ TDs.

A) he would have a backup, so the injury concerns are minimalized and play calls will be a bit bolder
B) with a week of 1st team reps your gameplan can be built around his unique abilities. You build his confidence and keep the Bears on their toes.

Plus he knows probably 100% of the playbook, unlike Troy Smith who only knew probably 5%.
If CK starts I could see him throwing interceptions all damn night
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by Ajanke:

That Bears defense ain't no joke. I don't see Kap being ready for a defense like that.

That Bears defense ain't no joke. I don't see Kap being ready for a defense like that.

Bingo, I'm all for Kaep starting, but Alex gives us an 80% chance to get it done against that D (who will be playing angry after getting embarrassed by Houston on Sunday night), given that he doesn't throw over 10+ yards (not a bash, cause their D picks anybody off who usually makes a pass over 20+).
as easy as it is to say that

(Alex + mistake free) + Cutler INT Machine = 100% chance of winning

the last time we played them, and I believe it was primetime... Cutler threw 4INTs and threw his 5th on a chance to win the game against us in the endzone.

but yeah, if Kaep has to start he needs to be very cautious with the ball. I'm sure that is being worked on this week.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I would like to see Kaep run and pass all over the Bears on MNF!!!!!!!

Yeah, Kap is so reckless with the ball their defense would be salivating. The way he holds it out in the pocket and thinks he has all day to throw guys like Peppers would strip him. As for the runs yesterday I think a lot of that was WRs down the field and the defense playing conservative. There was a lot of open field for him. Probably doesn't happen against the Bears. Now if it was against the Jags or someone else I say go for it and let Alex rest IF need be. Against an opportunistic defense like the Bears that loves to take turnovers to the house I say no way. We need to Alex because he is conservative and anyone playing gunslinger and reckless with the ball will probably regret it against that defense. In a defensive battle it will be about field position, special teams and taking care of the ball. And this has nothing to do with Alex vs Kap; this is honestly what I feel gives us the best chance to win the game. Edit: I hate that Alex is taking all those sacks and not throwing it away but against the Bears defense it's probably the right thing to do. They would love for Kap to dance around in the pocket with the ball hanging out.

Kaep would make the Bears defense look like ALL the defenses he faced in college.....NOTHING but FAITH I have for KAEP!!!!!
Go Niners!

I agree. im worried about that D regardless of who is play QB

Kaep starting would be a disaster I think. Chicago would love for Kaep to start. Alex can read defenses and make the correct call maybe 95% of the time at the line. I trust Alex more making the reads then Kaep who maybe eyes 1 or 2 guys before he thinks about taking off. He's got an arm and can run, but just don't trust his judgements yet.

Alex started to get on a roll before he got concussed. I think we win this game had Alex been able to play the rest of the game.
[ Edited by Baldie on Nov 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM ]
I hope they they put los in marshall all game, big against big.

Our run D has another big test in bush and forte (sp). Surprising enough im not that worried about those guys outside the tackle box as i am if theyre running right at us.

Must control the los and squeeze the pocket. Be nice to hit cutler/campbell early, both are prone to mistakes when harassed early.

Play keep away with Hester. Ginn needs to start heading up field instead of this side to side crap. ST needs a rebound game after being made to look like fools.

Ball security! Especially our wr. Kw got sloppy pushing for extra yards and crabs treats the the ball like a loaf of bread when he thinks he's in space and has not paid for it yet.

Idk if da bears have played against a team that is as committed to the run as the niners are (check that texans are committed but not nearly as diverse). Run run run then when they get tired throw a fly sweep at them.

Im not sure but i think chi still plays cover 2 the majority of the time........seam route city

The majority of pass plays should come off of PA. Please dear god can the oline put together a complete game run and pass blocking (bills/jets aside). I can see the bears blitzing 54 just like zona did all day and peppers has the advantage over staley 1v1 all day. please dont let that joker get his pound of flesh.

Go niners!!!
[ Edited by Allx9er on Nov 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM ]
42-3, Bears. This time, I mean it.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I would like to see Kaep run and pass all over the Bears on MNF!!!!!!!

Yeah, Kap is so reckless with the ball their defense would be salivating. The way he holds it out in the pocket and thinks he has all day to throw guys like Peppers would strip him. As for the runs yesterday I think a lot of that was WRs down the field and the defense playing conservative. There was a lot of open field for him. Probably doesn't happen against the Bears. Now if it was against the Jags or someone else I say go for it and let Alex rest IF need be. Against an opportunistic defense like the Bears that loves to take turnovers to the house I say no way. We need to Alex because he is conservative and anyone playing gunslinger and reckless with the ball will probably regret it against that defense. In a defensive battle it will be about field position, special teams and taking care of the ball. And this has nothing to do with Alex vs Kap; this is honestly what I feel gives us the best chance to win the game. Edit: I hate that Alex is taking all those sacks and not throwing it away but against the Bears defense it's probably the right thing to do. They would love for Kap to dance around in the pocket with the ball hanging out.

Exactly. Dont think the Rams gameplanned for Kaep, and got caught off guard with him letting receivers run downfield and then taking off himself. The Bears are a different animal altogether. Urlach ? Briggs ? Peppers ? Those guys feed off QBs that like to hold the ball too long.

Kaep wouldnt stand a chance, and with Tillman playing at MVP type level (yeah I said it), this game could get ugly fast.

If Kaep was to start, I would rely HEAVY on run, short WR screens, and an occasional DEEP pass that even if was intercepted would be equivalent to a punt. In other words, let our D bail us out.

On the flip side, if Kaep somehow shocked us and lit up the Chicago defense, MAJOR QB CONTROVERSY brewing in San Fran. I think Alex knows this. He'll definitely play.
Likely one of the easiest wins of the year for the Niners.