There are 223 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
I doubt very much that Alex will not start. He's a tough dude, and you could tell it was killing him to not be out there. Plus, this may be the most important game of the season. The winner secures the #2 seed in the NFC.

well i wouldnt say secure

but this game is pivotal

I meant for that week. Obviously every week is different. But if we win Monday, we will be in 2nd and control our own destiny. sorry for confusion

Indeed, and the funny thing is that the Pack could beat the Giants next Sunday, further helping our cause for the #2 down the road (in the tie-breaker standard, if the Pack ends up taking the division, and gets just as many wins as us + Giants November malaise) if we continue to just run the table.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This is one of those games where you definitely WANT Alex Smith back, fully healthy; Bears defense has had most of its success at the expense of 25+ yard-per-snap passers. -They play a base Tampa-2 incapable of stopping screens, slants, powerful TEs, and agile RBs up the middle.

If we just play 49ers football, we can probably get out of this 13-6.

I doubt very much that Alex will not start. He's a tough dude, and you could tell it was killing him to not be out there. Plus, this may be the most important game of the season. The winner secures the #2 seed in the NFC.

Huge...Huge game for us.
I still hate when we try to blitz... it just seems like we are so bad at it. (mainly CB blitzes) we always get there late and get popped it seems.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I still hate when we try to blitz... it just seems like we are so bad at it. (mainly CB blitzes) we always get there late and get popped it seems.

I think our ilb blitzes work
Costanzo will be fired up for this one. I wouldnt be surprised if he made a play or two.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest

NFL statement on clock error means Rams and 49ers went to OT 1:19 too early #NFLPlay58:41
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Costanzo will be fired up for this one. I wouldnt be surprised if he made a play or two.

only if he can catch ginn running to the sidelines.
Originally posted by ace49ers:

lulz
f**k the Rams game. It's over. I hated it. Everything about it. Moving on.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest

NFL statement on clock error means Rams and 49ers went to OT 1:19 too early #NFLPlay58:41

I dont think so. That error came in the 2nd qtr and the Rams had the ball last before half. If anything, that was less time the Rams had to do anything before the half

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i kindda hope it's CK vs Campbell. that would be fun.
I would like to see Kaep run and pass all over the Bears on MNF!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I would like to see Kaep run and pass all over the Bears on MNF!!!!!!!

Yeah, Kap is so reckless with the ball their defense would be salivating. The way he holds it out in the pocket and thinks he has all day to throw guys like Peppers would strip him. As for the runs yesterday I think a lot of that was WRs down the field and the defense playing conservative. There was a lot of open field for him. Probably doesn't happen against the Bears. Now if it was against the Jags or someone else I say go for it and let Alex rest IF need be. Against an opportunistic defense like the Bears that loves to take turnovers to the house I say no way. We need to Alex because he is conservative and anyone playing gunslinger and reckless with the ball will probably regret it against that defense. In a defensive battle it will be about field position, special teams and taking care of the ball. And this has nothing to do with Alex vs Kap; this is honestly what I feel gives us the best chance to win the game. Edit: I hate that Alex is taking all those sacks and not throwing it away but against the Bears defense it's probably the right thing to do. They would love for Kap to dance around in the pocket with the ball hanging out.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM ]
if we can take away the run then im sure we can win. forcing campbell to throw will give us alot of opportunities to take the ball away. its a guna be a bloodbath!
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
if we can take away the run then im sure we can win. forcing campbell to throw will give us alot of opportunities to take the ball away. its a guna be a bloodbath!

If we can keep them from averaging 5 ypc in the first quarter we should be ok
Share 49ersWebzone