LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Will Jenkins and/or James be activated this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well, CC, let's just hope this was a bad draft...so far. If and when those guys get to the playing field I would sure love to see them be stand out stars.
Seriously, when is the last time that a team drafted two non QBs with their 1st and 2nd round picks and they were inactive every game of the season? After watching the Chargers and Broncos playing with Kendall Reyes and Derek Wolfe both out there making an impact, I struggle not to think about what might have been.
personally i tought jenkins and james are luxury players instead of impact players. back then i wanted coby fleener (because he could replace delanie walker after the season) at first pick and casey hayward (instead of resigning carlos rogers) at second pick but baalke works in misterious ways and we just have to wait and see what happens.
I think they will be activated for a few games...You dont want them to see no real nfl experience at all their first year...that would just suck...
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Courtney Upshaw at 30? pass. He wasn't a good pass rusher at Alabama and he won't be one in the NFL.

would you like depth at OLB now or have a WR that never starts?

short sightedness as its finest
not really

Yes really. We had depth at the OLB and then Parys got hurt. I'd rather have the Wideout earmarked as a future starter for years to come. We can always draft another OLB to be a backup.
I guess when mario, the randy were signed, that pretty well decided who would play this yr. Still, if we throw to 10 guys in one game, it seems there would have been room for AJ. As for James, I still hold out hope he is used this yr, hopefully tonite, as a RB split way wide of QB on 3rd down with a quick pass to james in backfield and then let him dance thru defenders. Oh, well, wishful thinking.
We'll see them if injuries happen, or if we can clinch a first-round bye.
Courtney Upshaw at 30? pass. He wasn't a good pass rusher at Alabama and he won't be one in the NFL.

not really

Yes really. We had depth at the OLB and then Parys got hurt. I'd rather have the Wideout earmarked as a future starter for years to come. We can always draft another OLB to be a backup.

Parys is/was on a short leash due to his contract. Upshaw could've been the 4th OLB and after Parys got released moved up to 3rd. Guess what we will be drafting early this year.....OLB.

not really

Parys is/was on a short leash due to his contract. Upshaw could've been the 4th OLB and after Parys got released moved up to 3rd. Guess what we will be drafting early this year.....OLB.

Upshaw has .5 a sack for the season, and that came in the 1st game of a blowout. I think we can do without.

Parys may see it fit to re-structure coming off an injury theres no guarantee that he will be released. He won't find much of a market elsewhere. I'd still rather have Jenkins who will likely start in the not-so distant future than a OLB who's sole purpose would be to play on run downs when Aldon needs a blow.

And there's no guarantee that we will draft an OLB this year either. Who could have predicted we'd go Running back in the 2nd this year?
[ Edited by TheGoldStandard on Nov 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM ]

not really

Upshaw has .5 a sack for the season, and that came in the 1st game of a blowout. I think we can do without.

Parys may see it fit to re-structure coming off an injury theres no guarantee that he will be released. He won't find much of a market elsewhere. I'd still rather have Jenkins who will likely start in the not-so distant future than a OLB who's sole purpose would be to play on run downs when Aldon needs a blow.

And there's no guarantee that we will draft an OLB this year either. Who could have predicted we'd go Running back in the 2nd this year?
I would rather have a player now that can help and get on the field. And so far I don't see Jenkins starting over Crabs, Ham, or Williams next year.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Nov 19, 2012 at 12:27 PM ]

not really

I would rather have a player now that can help and get on the field. And so far I don't see Jenkins starting over Crabs, Ham, or Williams next year.

Upshaw is on his way to having a pretty good rookie season for a second round pick in a deep Ravens defense/LB core. He is even being shifted all over the field in the last couple games, including D-tackle, and he has been pretty damn solid in coverage. People knocking him don't watch enough Ravens games, or they are just going off of im coming into camp over weight. By all recent reports he is in shape and improving greatly every week.

He has 39 tackles, and 5 stuffs.

Im not saying that we were even considering Upshaw, but he is just one of the players that we could have targeted that would have imediately contributed his rookie season, and would have unseated Haralson even if he wasnt injured by next season IMO.
With Kaep starting anyone else think LMJ will be active tonight?
Originally posted by AUniner:

LMJ tweeted earlier that he wasnt playing
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by AUniner:

LMJ tweeted earlier that he wasnt playing

can't imagine that Harbaugh would be too happy w/players announcing inactives earlier than the team does... unless it's a trick.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for nevadalove9ers2.
Anyone think we bring up lmj to try and get more speed on the field for kaep?
Share 49ersWebzone