LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 389 users in the forums

Will Jenkins and/or James be activated this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This draft had nothing to do with a specific guy... If it did Trent is retarded
I would like to see AJ Jenkins now that we can throw down the field more. I don't expect to see LMJ much.
Kaepernick to Jenkins.

Has a ring to it, doesn't it?
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Kaepernick to Jenkins.

I think his speed on the field makes sense now. We don't throw tons of deep balls with Alex anyway. Kaep may find him useful on bombs. That's what he was known for at Illinois. He got better in preseason after starting shaky. His hands and speed were shown toward the end of preseason.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Kaepernick to Jenkins.

I think his speed on the field makes sense now. We don't throw tons of deep balls with Alex anyway. Kaep may find him useful on bombs. That's what he was known for at Illinois. He got better in preseason after starting shaky. His hands and speed were shown toward the end of preseason.

Who do we deactivate in his place? Dixon? Ginn?
[ Edited by gold49digger on Nov 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM ]
Cut Jacobs and possibly Ginn. Activate Jenkins and LMJ!
Any reports on Moss? that may determine if Jenkins gets a shot.

LMJ wont see the field this season.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Kaepernick to Jenkins.

I'm not really worried about seeing either one this year. Next year, Ginn's gone. Kyle Williams is doing a hell of a job returning the ball when he gets his chances. I think he'll take over those duties. As for RBs, Boobie finally might be let go. He's had a few penalties on special teams this year, and that's primarily what his roster spot is for, special teams. LMJ might move up to 3rd on the depth chart at RB next year. Would like to see him in a Sproles type role as a 3rd down receiving back.

2013 is the year for these two gentleman.
Kaepernick to Jenkins.

We never use Jacobs ever. So why not him? Find a special teamer if you need to. I think getting Jenkins out there would be good.
I'm not really worried about seeing either one this year. Next year, Ginn's gone. Kyle Williams is doing a hell of a job returning the ball when he gets his chances. I think he'll take over those duties. As for RBs, Boobie finally might be let go. He's had a few penalties on special teams this year, and that's primarily what his roster spot is for, special teams. LMJ might move up to 3rd on the depth chart at RB next year. Would like to see him in a Sproles type role as a 3rd down receiving back.

2013 is the year for these two gentleman.

They should have a role for sure next year. Moss would most likely retire if we win the superbowl. Ginn has nothing to offer on offense and he isnt explosive in the return game anymore. Dixon is a waste of space, charismatic and a funny dude, but offers very little. I am excited to see AJ and LMJ suit up next year. LMJ and hunter will give gore a nice rest as he gets older and AJ will add a deep threat to compliment crabs yac ability.

id like to see jenkins get some plays with kaep throwin deep. james we can afford to wait on because hunter is a stud
The offense in the coming years has the potential to match the exposiveness of the 49ers from 92-94 yet still be able to grind it out, a la the 1980s New York Giants. Anyone think we can use Kendall Hunter the way we used Ricky Watters early in his career?
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Anyone think we bring up lmj to try and get more speed on the field for kaep?

no

yes and jenkins too
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Kaepernick to Jenkins.

We never use Jacobs ever. So why not him? Find a special teamer if you need to. I think getting Jenkins out there would be good.
we actually had a dixon sighting on offense last week so i agree,,, jacobs is a waste,, i am ok with cutting jacobs and putting in jenkins but if you want another running back, then at least cut jacobs, bring in rock cartwright who can at least earn his keep on special teams. i hope i am making my friend afrikan happy cuz i would rather cut jacobs than dixon any day of the week
Originally posted by cciowa:
Kaepernick to Jenkins.

we actually had a dixon sighting on offense last week so i agree,,, jacobs is a waste,, i am ok with cutting jacobs and putting in jenkins but if you want another running back, then at least cut jacobs, bring in rock cartwright who can at least earn his keep on special teams. i hope i am making my friend afrikan happy cuz i would rather cut jacobs than dixon any day of the week

Jacobs is usually inactive
Share 49ersWebzone