There are 284 users in the forums

Will Jenkins and/or James be activated this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Courtney Upshaw at 30? pass. He wasn't a good pass rusher at Alabama and he won't be one in the NFL.

Courtney Upshaw has 36 tackles, 23 solo, 0.5 sacks, and a FR as a backup. He would have helped imensly.

He was a starter who lost his starting job and his now a backup thats pretty s**tty

LOL really? thats a reach. Could it be that Suggs got healthy and back into the lineup? Couldnt be that could it?

Why cant he beat out the other guy than? Maybe because he is fat and not very athletic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000052496/article/courtney-upshaw-losing-grip-on-ravens-starting-job
Courtney Upshaw at 30? pass. He wasn't a good pass rusher at Alabama and he won't be one in the NFL.

Courtney Upshaw has 36 tackles, 23 solo, 0.5 sacks, and a FR as a backup. He would have helped imensly.

He was a starter who lost his starting job and his now a backup thats pretty s**tty

LOL really? thats a reach. Could it be that Suggs got healthy and back into the lineup? Couldnt be that could it?

Why cant he beat out the other guy than? Maybe because he is fat and not very athletic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000052496/article/courtney-upshaw-losing-grip-on-ravens-starting-job
^^^^Published: Aug. 21, 2012 at 08:56 a.m.
Unlikely but you can believe whatever your little heart desires, im done with this. YOu have no idea what kind of production Fleming could have given us if he never got hurt. Also you dont know the Niners draft plan, its easy to criticize with hindsight. I still like this draft and im glad this team is so deep that our draft picks get to sit and learn. Good day sir

Thats the problem. This team is not so deep that we can afford to sit our entire draft class. We are very good at the front of the roster, after that the depth is greatly overstated, save for WR,RB and QB.
Originally posted by jreff22:

^^^^Published: Aug. 21, 2012 at 08:56 a.m.

AHAHA i love it.

Maybe its because he is suggs backup as the rush OLB. Maybe its because Kruger is having a Brooks type of season at SAM. No that cant be it. It has to be that he as out of shape coming into camp.
Unlikely but you can believe whatever your little heart desires, im done with this. YOu have no idea what kind of production Fleming could have given us if he never got hurt. Also you dont know the Niners draft plan, its easy to criticize with hindsight. I still like this draft and im glad this team is so deep that our draft picks get to sit and learn. Good day sir

Thats the problem. This team is not so deep that we can afford to sit our entire draft class. We are very good at the front of the roster, after that the depth is greatly overstated, save for WR,RB and QB.
I said good day
I said good day

But Fez...
Sometime in the last 4 games once the Niners have clinched a playoff berth.................
I said good day

But Fez...

That would be Fes... as in Foreign exchange student
Not unless someone goes down
I gotta say this past 2012 for this year so far has been a disaster. the simple fact that our top 2 choices aren't even good enough to be activated let alone play a single down. I didnt like the choices back in April because we had already signed Manningham & Moss and we already had a change of pace in Kendall H so why take two projects? This team is Built to win now. Wish we woulda gotten a studd De lineman to give Aldon & Justin & Mac & Soap some breathers. We are this as paper on our De Line I'm not sayin just sayin.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
What outside LBs could we have drafted in our draft slots in the 1st and 2nd round?

For all your posts you sure don't like to read. I gave an example in each round several posts up. Do i need to tell you who plays what position for what team? Or can you figure that out for yourself?
Im asking cciowa to give me names cuz he is obviously just riding your jock and doesnt know what he is talking about. Hindsight is 20/20, lets look at the facts prior to the draft shall we?

We signed Manningham, Moss and Ginn. Crabtree and Williams were the only guys under contract. You knew what you were gonna get from Manningham and Crabtree. No one knew what Moss was gonna bring to the table after being off for a year, We know Ginn is only around for his special teams ability and there were talks of Kyle Williams not even making the team. Made perfect sense to get a WR especially if the niners were taking BPA on their boards not yours or cciowas.

the pick of James was the same thing. Hunter and Gore were the only proven guys. Jacobs seemed like he was only here for short yardage stuff and again talks fo Dixon not even making the team cuz he wasnt progressing as RB like they thought he would. No garauntee that if we drafted Martin in the first that he would be suiting up especially considering how well Gore and Hunter have performed . Wolfe is the only guy that you mentioned that could have seen playing time but obviously the Niners didnt feel as good about him as you to draft him in the first round. We are also stacked at CB so I dont know why you are rattling off CB names cuz they wouldnt be seeing any playing time over Rogers, Brown and Culliver
i am sorry,, i do not live and breathe college football so i am sorry, i do not know the names, i leave that up to posters who are smarter than me,. that does mean i can not have an opinion,, I am just saying you can not tell me there were some good pass rushers we could have picked up in the first or second round that would have made more of a contribution than the two stiffs we got riding the bench,, i think your question has been answered by other posters who know college fb better than i do
Some seem upset that we did not take an OLB or DL to sit on the bench inactive rather than WR and RB to sit. What's the difference? If they had drafted a guy to sit behind Haralson and Crabtree was injured would you be complaining that they were dumb for not taking a WR until the late rounds? Seems like a case of hindsight.
Who the f**k is Will Jenkins
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Who the f**k is Will Jenkins

Don't know but our team need a lot of Will power! So I'm in favor of starting him!
jesus people are lookin really naive in here come on! you guys are overreacting to some draft picks not starting but you guys gotta step back an take a look at this an the team as a whole! if you dont realize yet, us not needing to start our draft picks IS A GOOD THING! i saw some ridiculous comment somewhere else on this board that said 'in todays nfl it is the type of league that if you do not start at least one of your rookies you will not have alot of success' i havent read something that ridiculous in a long time. who the heck do you think you are to say you have to start a rookie to be good ya u can look at the trends of other teams an see what the majority does but does that automatically mean thats the only way to do it? no thats crazy.we have a great team right now with great starters an thanks to that, we dont need alot of our backups many of which are rookies. ya we cud rotate a little more on the D line but that doesnt automatically mean it would have been a better pick to go for a linemen in the 1st or 2nd people are so quick to jump on an follow that popular opinion. OUR TEAMS BIGGEST NEED was offensive weapons an we took care of that need, idk whats so hard for some to see about that. we didnt need a LB, DL SS OR FS more than we needed a RB OR WR our offensive production was too low an we took care of that. now many say o they dont even play so how did pickin them help us, they dont play because the people ahead of them are better(thats a good thing). they have more expierence than the rookies and are the better choice to play right now. jenkin an james will get their time an plenty of it when they do everyone needs to stop freaking out just cuz they havent seen it yet. randy didnt go crazy when the year started an everyone freaked out over that too look at him now hes a dangerous weapon we use when necessary. james an jenkins are the same thing, if you guys ACTUALLY WATCH the niners youd have notice harbaugh is not the type of coach who takes un needed risks. he does what he needs to win an thats it he doesnt over do it. he uses what he needs to thats why he used randy when he needed to an we will use jenkins an james WHEN WE NEED TO. were 6-2-1, 1st place in the NFCW an on our way to the playoffs. harbaughs smart, hes going to use his weapons if he needs them to clinch a playoff berth and in the playoffs. would u rather have one of our best players dinged up from barely contributing all year or fresh an ready to go int he playoffs? he knows what hes doin hes going to use practice an maybe a few games to get jenkins an james ready an when the playoffs come he will unleash our weapons when we need them to win. besides that hes not going to use players unless we need them its that simple, watch how he coaches an uses the same players alot. its that simple.
Share 49ersWebzone