There are 303 users in the forums

Week 7: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Question for Marvin and Jeff.

What will you guys say if Alex has two more games like the last two ?

If he looks like he did against NY we will have problems and Jim may need to make a change. He wasn't horrible against Sea baring in mind they have a top 3 D and are divisional opponents (which is always hard).

I give him a C against Sea but sometimes its all you need to win.

If he bounces back and has 2 games with 250ish with a few TD's will you leave it alone?

I think he was horrible against Seattle. Had the Seattle WRs not dropped some passes we would have lost. I give him a D for that game.

I probably will be quite about it but I still deep down inside think they should give Kap the team and let him go through is growing pains. In no way do I ever see Alex winning a super bowl, last year was the closest he will get and KW ruined it for him and us.

He wasn't horrible, he had one very bad overthrow and one non-see turned into INT. It happens to every QB all the time, problem is you guys dont see that or dont acknowledge it. Brady had 2 INTs against Sea.

When we get the coaches film I think you need to watch it and look for the PI that was never called. Its not a knock on Alex or the WR's.....its a knock on the officiating. But it does tell why I wanted a big bodied WR, so they can fight back against the big Sea DB's. We lost on the initial contact and with that Alex will go from first read to second read to checkdown in a hurry. And with that Sea front he cant sit around and wait, they are talented.

Go back and watch the INT. Vernon was the first read and Alex looked, not open so he moved to Gore. Gore was covered and Alex started to get out of the pocket, once he saw Moss it was too late. But he is going through progressions, problem is with DB's that big you cant lob the ball over and Moss was too far over for a bullet.

Short week, tough opponent.....we got the W. I'm fine with it.

Okay dude he played a great game so lets put him back in league MVP talk.

If he looks like he did against NY we will have problems and Jim may need to make a change. He wasn't horrible against Sea baring in mind they have a top 3 D and are divisional opponents (which is always hard).

I give him a C against Sea but sometimes its all you need to win.

If he bounces back and has 2 games with 250ish with a few TD's will you leave it alone?

I think he was horrible against Seattle. Had the Seattle WRs not dropped some passes we would have lost. I give him a D for that game.

I probably will be quite about it but I still deep down inside think they should give Kap the team and let him go through is growing pains. In no way do I ever see Alex winning a super bowl, last year was the closest he will get and KW ruined it for him and us.

He wasn't horrible, he had one very bad overthrow and one non-see turned into INT. It happens to every QB all the time, problem is you guys dont see that or dont acknowledge it. Brady had 2 INTs against Sea.

When we get the coaches film I think you need to watch it and look for the PI that was never called. Its not a knock on Alex or the WR's.....its a knock on the officiating. But it does tell why I wanted a big bodied WR, so they can fight back against the big Sea DB's. We lost on the initial contact and with that Alex will go from first read to second read to checkdown in a hurry. And with that Sea front he cant sit around and wait, they are talented.

Go back and watch the INT. Vernon was the first read and Alex looked, not open so he moved to Gore. Gore was covered and Alex started to get out of the pocket, once he saw Moss it was too late. But he is going through progressions, problem is with DB's that big you cant lob the ball over and Moss was too far over for a bullet.

Short week, tough opponent.....we got the W. I'm fine with it.

Okay dude he played a great game so lets put him back in league MVP talk.
Never said he had a great game. Ive said it was a C IMO. I expect a bounce back game against AZ and many posters that have been super active for 2 weeks will go missing once again.
VERY solid posts week after week Marvin...keep it up...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Never said he had a great game. Ive said it was a C IMO. I expect a bounce back game against AZ and many posters that have been super active for 2 weeks will go missing once again.

But dont they also have a good defense ?

Zona..? Nowhere near Seattle. Peterson is a stud but I expect more out of him in the return game.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Gore rescued the team and we escaped with a win

So Gore threw the game's only TD pass to Walker? Cool story, bruh!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Zona..? Nowhere near Seattle. Peterson is a stud but I expect more out of him in the return game.

You gonna surprised then because #11 will struggle again that game.
Very pleased with the effort. I also liked the return to our roots in this one. I also liked the lack of the wildkaep. It hasn't been working the last couple of weeks and I suspect that it is making alex force things. I just think if the same play as the pick happens on 2nd down he doesn't force it. Plus we need to use the run down low and play action in the goal line more if you ask me.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Gore rescued the team and we escaped with a win

So Gore threw the game's only TD pass to Walker? Cool story, bruh!

AS hopped on Gore's back to get in range..

Gore was even an Air traffic controller...throw it to Moss
  • titan
  • Veteran
Gore and running game is how we won the game. Our D is always solid but they were on the field for a long time on the first half.

Originally posted by Marvin49:

Then you keep playing him because Kaep ain't ready. I'm not trying to sing Alexs praise here. I was critical of him in my initial post, but ya gotta give credit where its due sometimes (in this case the Seattle D).

wow so you would keep playing a guy even though he is playing terrible. And you dont know weather kap is ready or not, only the coaching staff knows that answer. A little biased aren't we ?

If the coaching staff thinks he's ready then more power to them. You asked my opinion and I gave it to you.
Originally posted by jdean:
I just watched the 1st half on game rewind. Did they change the rule about no contact after 5 yards ? It sure looked like thy must have. Either that or the replacement refs came back.

Exactly what I thought
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by jdean:
I just watched the 1st half on game rewind. Did they change the rule about no contact after 5 yards ? It sure looked like thy must have. Either that or the replacement refs came back.

Exactly what I thought

I remember a replay of an incomplete pass showing how "physical" the dbs were. The announcers said that's perfectly legal since its within 5 yards. The contact was at the first down marker.... it was 1st and 10....
Originally posted by titan:
Gore and running game is how we won the game. Our D is always solid but they were on the field for a long time on the first half.

not really
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
A few 'KILL KILL KILL' that I remember resulted in Gore running wild in the secondary.

I remember before one of the big runs he called to kill the original play, and commentator said something like uh oh alex see's something in defense, I think it was right before the 37 yard run.
Share 49ersWebzone