There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New York Giants show how to beat San Francisco 49ers @ NFL

Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by Faraz80:
Watching Berman and Jackson on ESPN. Said that the Niners arent the type of team that can come back from 10 or 14 points. Berman said they got outslugged today; got lots to learn.

Not anything we didnt know, but still......getting embarrassed around the media circuits.

You do know that they are referring to Alex Smith right? Some are starting to see what some 49ers can not see and that is Alex Smith can not bring this team back once it is down by more then 10 points.
The 49ers defense didn't play very well but they only gave up 10 points in the first half and 26 total. The defense was on the field far too long and were obviously exhausted. If Alex plays better the defense gets more rest and the Giants score less.
If you told most 49er fans before the game that the Giants would score 26 points I bet most would still feel as if the 49ers had a chance of winning the game. If you told them that the 49ers would fall behind by 10 points I'm not sure many would be so confident. Now ask yourself why?

Im not disagreeing. However, I dont think Alex is as bad as he showed today, nor do I think he is as good as he showed last week. I think the label everyone put on him last year was fine; he's a game manager. That may be good enough to win us a ring this year (see Dilfer; see Brad Johnson), but I dont think it's enough to formulate the next dynasty (see Brady and Pats; Manning and Colts). In either case, there's no way we make it to the SB without him this year.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Such a dumb article... The Giants couldn't stop our running game. WE just decided to stop running period! Look at how many carries Gore had, the WHOLE game. He didn't get a single touch in the second half. We made ourselves 1 dimensional due to stupid play-calling and for some reason juggling back and forth with a 2-Quarterback system like it was a Quarterback carousel...

Agree. Our running game was productive when we decided to use it. The problem was Alex's turnovers put us in a 23-3 hole. In addition, Roman called a HORRIBLE game. His gimmicky play-calling lost us valuable yards, often negating any positive plays we made, and killed momentum on every drive. He just had an awful feel for the game today.

It was one of those things where, okay, Alex threw a pick... It happens, and it will happen. So I was expecting that to be the only pick in the game. He's shaken them off usually lately. But today it's like...... wtf... He helped put us in such a hole like never before with this coaching staff that they didn't know what the f**k to do...

Good point. Didn't expect three ints from Smith. The got like 13 points directly off turnovers.

Sucks, AS should have just taken the sack

13 point deficit to the niners offense is like being down 100 points
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
Originally posted by 9er2k:
The big question to me is "What happened to our pass rush this year?"

it's a fair question but honestly the defense gave up 26 points to the #1 scoring offense. It happens. Offense has to show up and match it. It didnt. So big question is what's wrong with offense.

Well lets count the field goals missed early. shoulda went into half time 9-10 and probably would have been enough to keep hope alive. Then that KR stole alot of momentum in the 2nd half. Our Cbs got picked on big time today. Ive always felt that Rogers and Brown are overrated just a bit cause regardless of there being a pass rush or not, recievers should not be that wide open.
Another problem was the personel. First: We have Randy Moss, who is considered dangerous simply because his last name is Moss and his first name is Randy. And teams will double him anytime he steps on the field. Second: we have Vernon Davis, best TE in the league if quoting Rex Ryan, and one of the most dominant players in the league. We also demands Double coverage.
we have quick guys like Ham and KW to be in the slot
So why not utilize these weapons. Could have put that out there to open up the run because no defense will take too many chances at trying to cover Moss and Davis one on one. Could have passed out of that. So much could happen with that so why do we not do it?
The offense definitely just had a bad day though. not doubting them though.
Turnovers killed us more than anything. I dont think it would have gotten so outta hand if Smith thru a pick on like a 50yrd ball vs throwing a pick on a 12yd ball. Field position helped them. their offense started within the 40 on 2nd two picks and like I said Roger and Brown were just getting abused. Btw, Rogers dropped two potential INTs that could have turned the game around. *sigh* love my niners though. Gotta step it up again
plain and simple we didnt play like 49ers today. Our special teams and abandonment of the running game are the reasons we lost. akers missed 2 field that would of made the game within better reach late in the game and the giants offense had the luxury of excellent field position the whole game due to good kickoff returns and costly interceptions in 49ers territory. If we would of played lights out ST and took care of the ball better than chances are we would of had a very good chance of winning
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Well isn't this just great. This is an analysis of the whipping we just took and why if our running game is slowed way down the issue becomes...wait for it; our QB and how he can regress to his old habits if pressured and having to come back. We all know he played lights out in the playoff game last year but, he was not under nearly as much pressure as today, plus I'm sure he was getting rattled when the staff kept pulling him for Kap, especially after the couple of times he made a nice play on a deeper ball.

But dude went from 154 Bills to 50 to day, so much for being the top QB, but heck it was great to be the best in the NFL for the week, and we got him the FedEx deal too.

To me it's pretty clear Kap has a better deep and middle deep ball due to throwing lasers on a rope, he just needs more snaps to get it all down. Smith, if the coaches use the same offense as last year can play very well within it and take us to the playoffs. But defenses like we played today and in Minn are make big problems for our offense. So to me if the staff wants to make the playoffs, and of course they and all of us want that; they need to calm down the style of play calling and get it more steady for Smith to win in.

It looks like last week especially, was another anomaly by Smith with the big plays and numbers, the Bills just played like crap, today you saw a different story. So this "blue print" as it says isn't too easy to do for the majority of teams in the NFL to do, however in the playoffs, if we get that far, teams can and will follow this up. The Seachcks are going to be very tough this week and at home well...loss unless we play lights out..

Damn, so much to think about after this game..

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000080243/article/new-york-giants-show-how-to-beat-san-francisco-49ers?module=HP11_headline_stack

The New York Giants did more than beat the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.

Big Blue's 26-3 triumph provided the rest of the NFL with a clear blueprint for taking down Jim Harbaugh's prized possession.

The 49ers were built to pound the ball, and they were unstoppable in victories over the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills. But when its ground game is muzzled, San Francisco becomes average on offense. When a defense hassles quarterback Alex Smith the way theGiants did Sunday, the 49ers starter dips into the bad habits that haunted the early days of his NFL career.

The Giants have struggled to bring down the quarterback in 2012, but Jason Pierre-Paul detonated Smith on a drive-killing, second-quarter sack. Here's why the play mattered: Smith had time to throw the ball away and didn't -- which is concerning -- and New York's defensive line forced him into chaotic decision-making all afternoon.

Not many teams can duplicate the Giants' handiwork. This win also had much to do with Eli Manning, Ahmad Bradshaw and a dangerous cast of wideouts that created repeated mismatches against San Francisco's defense. The Giants played Harbaugh's style of ball down the stretch, dialing up Bradshaw's number on repeat. His 116 yards marked the first time the 49ershave allowed a 100-yard rusher in 23 games at home.

Harbaugh acknowledged after the game that "plan-wise ... obviously it wasn't the right one, and we'll have to see what the next one will be."

It's easy to blame Smith, but this loss was all about a finely crafted Giants game plan that exposed how the49ers can be slayed.
By Marc Sessler - Around the League Writer

The Giants also proved, once again, that their defensive backs can guard any of the 49er receivers one-on-one with no problems.

All this talk about how much the pass receivers were improved this year is looking more like hype than reality. When your best WR was the #3 on the team the team that just stomped you into a mud hole, you have not improved the position much.
Originally posted by dj43:
The Giants also proved, once again, that their defensive backs can guard any of the 49er receivers one-on-one with no problems.

All this talk about how much the pass receivers were improved this year is looking more like hype than reality. When your best WR was the #3 on the team the team that just stomped you into a mud hole, you have not improved the position much.

Manningham is not the best 49er WR. Crabtree has much better numbers this year. So yeah!
i disagree with all of this, the giants didn't stop our running game..we completely went away from it. Roman and Harbaugh got too carried away with the wild kaep and throwing it too much when the run was working just fine in the 1st quarter.
Blueprint my ass.

A retard could come up with that "blueprint". Gee, stop the run and make the other team one dimensional. Sack the quarterback. Hardly a groundbreaking blueprint.

f**k.
What I don't understand is why we struggle so much to dominate or at least be above average in the two positions we kicked ass in:

QB & WR

Do you think Aaron Rodgers as our QB with our OL, RBs , etc can get it done? I'd hope so.

This is frustrating. Mostly because we don't know the answers.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Blueprint my ass.

A retard could come up with that "blueprint". Gee, stop the run and make the other team one dimensional. Sack the quarterback. Hardly a groundbreaking blueprint.

f**k.

Well you know the reason they use the "Blue Print" wording since everyone knows what you say here is true is because the Niners have been considered a very formidable team, one of THE best if not THE best at running the ball, and protecting the QB via the run game, as well as a hammering defense. So when a team late last year or this year can do what the G-Men just did, it's big deal, it's news worthy because other teams have not been able to do what they did.

You may not like the jargon but in the end the Niners get the verbiage because people who are NFL addicts expected more from the 49ers today. Any other teams don't get the extra verbiage.

I just spoke to a friend who said he read a column, no link, friends info only; that the LB and safety in the Giants secondary were calling out where Smith was going with the ball during the snap since he's so easy to read. Thus the INTs. That's something I might believe since if he regressed coz of the immense pressure he would go back to eyeballing the 1st read full time; from set to snap..

Another thing I was reading the Niners will get lots of snide remarks and smirking comments from writers because they don't like the way our HC handles them in interviews, etc. What BS, f**k them all. I hope the Niners can run the table at least 85% games left so JH can just flip those Good Ol Boys off..

Over & done with and the damage has been done..We shall see if Seattle has been working on the "Blue Print" this week. Sure they have, but hope they are not as good at it as the team today..
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Oct 15, 2012 at 1:34 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Wow, what a revelation. How to beat the Niners. Run the ball and throw down field. What a epitheny.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Wow, what a revelation. How to beat the Niners. Run the ball and throw down field. What a epitheny.

Haaa, don't forget sack, and harass the QB!
This is all true.

Now its up to Alex to see if he can overcome this. This will be the true mark of him as a quarterback. If he can overcome it, then we can do big things in the post season, if he cant. Expect to see Kaepernick as our starter within the next year or two.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
plain and simple we didnt play like 49ers today. Our special teams and abandonment of the running game are the reasons we lost. akers missed 2 field that would of made the game within better reach late in the game and the giants offense had the luxury of excellent field position the whole game due to good kickoff returns and costly interceptions in 49ers territory. If we would of played lights out ST and took care of the ball better than chances are we would of had a very good chance of winning

Exactly my 49er friend. We should've came out with the same intensity & tenacity as somewhat like last years NFCCG...
Originally posted by Quitugua01:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Exactly my 49er friend. We should've came out with the same intensity & tenacity as somewhat like last years NFCCG...

Only its week 6...roughly 14 weeks until a game that requires such intensity actually happens. You would really think the sky is falling with how you guys overreact man...cmon son!!!!