LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

New York Giants show how to beat San Francisco 49ers @ NFL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It is pretty safe to say that superbowl teams don't take ass kickings like this one at home.
Originally posted by BayArea:
It is pretty safe to say that superbowl teams don't take ass kickings like this one at home.

So explain how every team who wins the superbowl doesn't go 16-0 or at the very least 8-0 at home.....
A lot of reaching going on here. Comparing this loss to different losses in different eras and all.

REACH

Can't even say we gotta move on because we have no time. Should already moved from it, got a game in 72 hours.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by Quitugua01:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
plain and simple we didnt play like 49ers today. Our special teams and abandonment of the running game are the reasons we lost. akers missed 2 field that would of made the game within better reach late in the game and the giants offense had the luxury of excellent field position the whole game due to good kickoff returns and costly interceptions in 49ers territory. If we would of played lights out ST and took care of the ball better than chances are we would of had a very good chance of winning

Exactly my 49er friend. We should've came out with the same intensity & tenacity as somewhat like last years NFCCG...

Only its week 6...roughly 14 weeks until a game that requires such intensity actually happens. You would really think the sky is falling with how you guys overreact man...cmon son!!!!

but if we continue to keep losing games we wont make it to the playoffs. i dont know if you noticed but our division is the most improved in the league. champions bring intensity to every game that matters and this one meant alot. im not freaking out tho, we just need to get back on track and play some 49erball, we will probably get another shot at the giants in the playoffs but if we want that shot we gotta bring more intensi
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I was really trying to recall one instance where we threw to the endzone, but couldn't think of any. Correct me if i'm wrong, did we take a shot at the endzone one time whether it be a 50 yard bomb or 10 yard pass? I don't remember an incomplete pass, a break-up in the endzone, or dropped pass. Thats a recipe for disaster. You dont take shots at the end zone you don't get TDs. That clearly showed yesterday
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Its very unlike Harbaugh to have his team playing uncharacteristic 2 out of 4 weeks. The Giants are a well balanced team and we struggled against teams like that, the other being the Vikings.

Moving on...we have a very confident Seahawks team coming in Thursday. Their offense scored more points that Brady, thats right Brady. Their defense is playing lights out right now. Harbaugh/G-RO/Fangio need to get this team back on track or its another loss at home but this time against a division foe.
Watching this game.. man.. the NYG receivers just make spectacular catches. They really know how to attack the ball and have glue on their hands.

I think our guys are decent.. but when watching these guys? F**k... not even in the same stratosphere.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Watching this game.. man.. the NYG receivers just make spectacular catches. They really know how to attack the ball and have glue on their hands.

I think our guys are decent.. but when watching these guys? F**k... not even in the same stratosphere.

Check the db's coverage, ours against theirs. Did they play our receivers up close, disrupting them? And did our db's still play off their receivers by 7 yards or more (which we do all the time)?
Originally posted by BayArea:

Really? Like our last Superbowl winning team wouldn't have taken an ass kicking at home, then? So, what did happen in the 1994 Eagles games, then?
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

Check the db's coverage, ours against theirs. Did they play our receivers up close, disrupting them? And did our db's still play off their receivers by 7 yards or more (which we do all the time)?

You know.. I will have to check this out over the next few days. I tend to focus more on the trenches.. but I'd say we played the 5-7 yard cushions against their WRs and they mixed those in with some up close bump-n-run. Will try to check that out more.

Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

It's easy to blame Smith, but this loss was all about a finely crafted Giants game plan that exposed how the49ers can be slayed.
By Marc Sessler - Around the League Writer

Stop the short and intermediate routes and cover VD well, since the 9ers really don't have anyone that can get deep within 3.5 secs or less, add the fact that the capable running game (including CK running) wasn't being used by the 49ers, you get a inept offense. The loss rest on the offensive play calling just like the Minn game, nothing new here.
The lose was awful, we got dominated and out-coached; but it is not the end of the season. We need to fix some things, the most glaring to me is the lack of a consistent or existent pass rush. It seems the lose of Parys Haralson (for rotation purposes) is bigger than I originally expected.

The acknowledgement of a wrong and poor game plan is troubling, especially when the in game adjustments were not there, or were even worse than the original plan.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
The big question to me is "What happened to our pass rush this year?"

Aldon took up more responsibilities and the only pass rusher doing good work now is Brooks, while everyone else isn't really stepping up to par otherwise.

Right, the WR crop was upgraded, but not by that much, Crabtree still lacks speed, KW still lacks size and experience, Manningham is a decent addition but Moss is over the hill at this point, while AJ is a unknown. No doubt Eli is better than AS at throwing the ball but when the 49ers don't run the ball to at least balance out the offense, take pressure off of the QB, and to setup the passing game, you really don't give your team a chance to win vs good teams like the defending SB champs, resulted in no TD and only 3 pts, pretty apparent that it's NOT an offensive formula for success.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Gosh, those first couple of drives we moved the ball well, and then we got away from it and completely screwed ourselves over.

I think you got it backwards....going away from the game plan was not the thing that screwed us over, it was the 3 picks which led to the 20 pt deficit that forced us to abandon the game plan, we were playing from behind most of the game and had to keep up.

U sure u watched the game?!
Yes. Are you saying our gameplan had nothing to do with the loss? As per his press conference, Harbaugh said as much.
Share 49ersWebzone